New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Promotions
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Chris Gulliti made a post on facebook today, regarding him being blocked when he asked Kyle questions about preentry for 2021 races. if you wish to see it, I'm sure there is a way to view it even if you dont have fb. I'm not gonna post the whole story.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 47 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
OH I’m sure he’ll chime in it’s gettin good....I will attend an SFG RACE but not by way of pre-entry...

Posts: 1270 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Its simple don't like pre entry don't go it really is that easy.. Fighting on Facebook about is stupid and pointless. Call the man on the phone and talk about it..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1413 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Why is pre entry all of a sudden a problem with SFG? Not one racer is forced to pre enter. And don't complain when a racer does and gets a discount.

Posts: 439 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with pre-entry. I owned / operated a couple drag strips when big money races were $5000.00 and I "prayed" racers would come if the weather was a little iffy or strange reasons.
I wish I would have thought about Pre-Entry then, would have reduced the stress, made guaranteeing payouts much easier.

If you don't like the Pre-Entry deal or a discount, simply don't do it. What it really does is let SFG plan an event add some other features for the event and assure track owners sponsors the racers are coming.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Put your faith not in man .... A blind man could see this train wreck otw

Posts: 1255 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
What train wreck? Has money not been paid out to winners? If not please explain. I am not a fan of pre entry either , but its my choice to enter or not.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1413 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"Is 30 days enough of a commitment?

"Why ask for commitment pre-entry money 6 - 7 - 8 months in advance"?

These are reasonable questions people involved, should be thankful were asked.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, and this is a complete guess and in no way do I speak for the parties involved.

I believe Chris is more upset that the response to a question by kyle was to block him after Chris has spent 10s of thousands of dollars. I believe it has less to do with with the question itself but instead how the question was answered to a customer

Again, I could be wrong and Chris may get on later to clarify

Posts: 842 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
I could be wrong, and this is a complete guess and in no way do I speak for the parties involved.

I believe Chris is more upset that the response to a question by kyle was to block him after Chris has spent 10s of thousands of dollars. I believe it has less to do with with the question itself but instead how the question was answered to a customer

The money in the past don't matter.

Reasonable questions are owed reasonable answers.

It's called righteous indignation - righteous anger.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is no big deal, unless the promoter makes it one.

Promoter needs to answer the question respectfully, clearly and concisely.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

Correct sir!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
What train wreck? Has money not been paid out to winners? If not please explain. I am not a fan of pre entry either , but its my choice to enter or not.

Yes sir it is your choice. My explanations of my concerns will be in another post below.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone. I have attempted to reach out to Kyle by text to discuss and he claims he will by text but wont change his business model and states there is nothing to really talk about as his business model works for him he stated. I have not piled on the FB posts I made and just let people post what they experienced and or their thoughts as I am not out to get SFG. I am a paying customer with viable questions and when feeling uncertain where I am spending my money, I want some questions answered before I spend EVEMN more money with SFG. This could be remedied by SFG with one phone call a WEEK AGO, but he decided to delete what he said, block me, then ignore a concerned customer for a week until I said something again. SFG again did not reach out to their customer, Kyle then did a 15 minute FB live video that seems to target me as the "rich guy" and him the black man "the victim" from the hood of Chicago. He had explanations of his views and how great SFG was...but NO answers to simple questions asked. THIS IS SOMETHING EVERY RACER could/should be concerned with and possibly question IMO. Since he claims he wont change his business model (which I don't expect him to change anything for me personally) possibly he could offer some clarification for his customers old and potential new.

Below will be some questions I had for him, simple questions with simple answers for any paying customers that could or should question a company when concerned about where they spend their money, SFG created these uncertainties now lets hear the simple questions hopefully to be answered with simple answers because he cant delete, block and ignore any one here:

#1 Please give us a secure feeling our money send in early is REFUNDABLE not a credit, and is racer money sent in secure? Mike M asked about security of money paid way back and got shunned...is the money in a personal or business bank account? Is the money in a safety deposit box? Is the money in an LLC account with multiple signatures? Is our money in the coffee can buried in your backyard behind the dog house? HOW is our early money paid in safe, secure, and is it returnable without a problem while your company states no REFUNDS in writing. THIS WAS NEVER ANSWERED.

#2 Your expecting us to trust you with our money sent in early and you wont trust your customers to do TABS at your race that is usually taken care of by your customer paying the bill (TAB) at the completion of the race? Seems one sided and we are asked to trust you with our money early but your showing us no trust by NOT allowing the "normal procedure" tabs to be paid at the end of the race? THIS DESERVES AN ANSWER!

#3 Why not put the negativity to rest amongst your customers...HOUSE CARS? ARE you or ARE you not giving free entry to racers of your choice to race against the customers supporting you AND did you split the $500k purse with Matt and Gage when Gage won?, yes that's the question...DID you split the purse you were paying with yourself, Matt and Gage at the $500K last year? Tell the masses the truth as many find this and entering others at no charge a problem, DO YOU HAVE YOUR CUSTOMERS BEST INTERESTS IN MIND OR YOUR OWN INTERESTS FIRST? THIS HAS NEVER BEEN AN ANSWERED.

#4 Why delete posts and block your customers that have concerns of their money spent/spending? WHY would you delete something you posted if you have nothing to hide? Blocking them from expressing their view and only allowing people to see what you want them to see is a good business model? THIS WAS NEVER ANSWERED. You delete a lot sir, even your FB video yesterday with you and your buds trashed having a good ole time claiming "we got the money" on video? Many of us DID see it sir, WHY post then delete? Perhaps you don't like the way it looks to some of us?

#5 I asked if a 30 day commitment of pre entry wasn't enough of a commitment to your races with ZERO answers? 6, 7 and 8 months in advance is a lot to ask when trust is in question especially during a COVID crisis, businesses going under, race tracks closing...ect. THIS WAS NEVER ANSWERED.

I won't go into reasons why I think you should you not be asking for money that the so far in advance right now during the holidays and COVID and the uncertainties COVID presents for next year.

Not really tough questions that any customer supporting SFG would have and these questions should be easy and quickly answered. IF people agree with your answers they will have a warm fuzzy supporting your events and even recommend your races to other racers. SFG can answer here, do a video, post on FB, send us all a letter or email, but answers are not too much to ask sir. It did not have to come to this and you could have reached out to a customer that spends LARGE amounts of money with your organization on their concerns last week after YOU deleted, blocked and ignored a PAYING customer...Your answers depends on whether me and many others WANT to continue to support SFG's efforts.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think this is mostly reasonable, but from my experience, I doubt they'll respond.

The reason I say mostly reasonable, is, I know for fact, it is a right for anyone to put anyone in a race.

There's nothing wrong with a house car, unless the house tilts the table in favor of the house car. The house tilting the table would be a wrong.

The other thing that could be suspect is your perception of economic conditions in conjunction with covid mandates and the millions of small business's they have destroyed, and jobs. Personally I agree with you, things are very precarious but the promoter might not have the perception we have.

This is real simple. You've asked reasonable questions mostly.

Reasonable questions are owed reasonable answers, in business.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
IMO if you don't wanna pre enter just pay the gate price. Don't see the issue really? If I buy race fuel at the track its 6 bucks a gallon and if I buy it by the drum its 3-3.50....No difference to me.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
IMO if you don't wanna pre enter just pay the gate price. Don't see the issue really? If I buy race fuel at the track its 6 bucks a gallon and if I buy it by the drum its 3-3.50....No difference to me.

The issue is not pre-entry.

The issue is reasonable questions were asked, and reasonable questions are owed reasonable answers, doing business.

It's never reasonable in business to take the approach, this is how we do business, if you don't like it, don't come back.

That's a third world country approach to business.

First world civilization, everything you do is justifiable, which also means it is easily explainable.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I saw the original post and feel that while the questions themselves may be reasonable, you didn’t just ask questions and leave them to be answered. You injected your opinion after each question, which makes it confrontational right off the bat.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3202 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
I saw the original post and feel that while the questions themselves may be reasonable, you didn’t just ask questions and leave them to be answered. You injected your opinion after each question, which makes it confrontational right off the bat.

That's a reasonable analysis.

The house car accusation is mostly responsible for making it confrontational in the eyes of the promoter, I'd imagine.

That's the promoters business problem, if he can't concisely communicate a right from a wrong.

There's no conflict of interest with a house car, unless the table is tilted in favor of the house car. Everyone needs to know a right from a wrong..

You, me or anyone, has the right to put anyone in a race.

Only if the promoter tilts the table for the house car, it's a wrong.