Notify
Tools

SFG Promotions
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
here's what going to happen next year barring marshal law, a nation wide shutdown, zombie apocalypse or nuclear holocaust, SFG will have record or near record attendance at all their events.

We will see,but if gas goes up to $5 a gallon under a Biden administration,that "could" affect car counts.

Posts: 1174 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
gas was over $4/gallon in some parts of the country under biden's former boss and it didn't effect anything.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
here's what going to happen next year barring marshal law, a nation wide shutdown, zombie apocalypse or nuclear holocaust, SFG will have record or near record attendance at all their events.

We will see,but if gas goes up to $5 a gallon under a Biden administration,that "could" affect car counts.

Maybe, but less likely if they already have your entry... Wink

But agree with Ed. It won’t make much difference to the folks that attend these races.

Mikey

Posts: 1710 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:

Maybe, but less likely if they already have your entry... Wink

But agree with Ed. It won’t make much difference to the folks that attend these races.

This. Those folks find that much of a dollar difference in the seat cushions of their stacker's living quarters. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Agree with Eds post as to particpation next year. In 2009 I paid 4.50 a gallon for diesel and thats what it took to get where I wanted to go. Im thinking that there are alot of old racers like me that if we want to go race,were not going to care that much about about fuel prices. Believe me we will ***** about it. But in the end its a choice and life goes on.

Posts: 321 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Agree with Eds post as to particpation next year. In 2009 I paid 4.50 a gallon for diesel and thats what it took to get where I wanted to go. Im thinking that there are alot of old racers like me that if we want to go race,were not going to care that much about about fuel prices. Believe me we will ***** about it. But in the end its a choice and life goes on.

Agreed.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Really reasonable questions given racers still have a credit to a series that ran in the early 2000s that lasted a few years before the promoter pocketed entries and went under. That promoter had house cars as well not paying at the gate and taking percentages of advertised payouts. That series itself was in 2000 what SFG is today. Given history tends to repeat itself asking fair questions to protect your investment in a business is reasonable. Deleting the questions and avoiding the answers is not.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Shawn, everyone that pre enters these races regardless of who the promoter is, knows the answer to these questions whether they want to admit it or not and has decided the risk of their entry fee is worth getting the discount for pre entry. Those that don't want to risk it pay at the gate IF they can.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
To me,the biggest risk of pre-entry right now is not the promoter,but the Governor of the state that the race is being held.

The Governor could decide that it is too dangerous to have a race because of Covid-19 in their state.Or the new President could too, I suppose.

And if people don't care about $5 a gallon gas,why worry about pre entry?Just pay full price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 442OLDS,

Posts: 1174 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
To me,the biggest risk of pre-entry right now is not the promoter,but the Governor of the state that the race is being held.

The Governor could decide that it is too dangerous to have a race because of Covid-19 in their state.Or the new President could too, I suppose.

And if people don't care about $5 a gallon gas,why worry about pre entry?Just pay full price.

Then don’t pre enter any races If you’re so worried. How they want to enter is their choice as well no matter what the price of gas is.

Posts: 438 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:

Then don’t pre enter any races If you’re so worried. How they want to enter is their choice as well no matter what the price of gas is.

I agree.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just got a text message from the Spring Fling Series

"No Pre Entry Required for All Fling Events in 2021"

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Just got a text message from the Spring Fling Series

"No Pre Entry Required for All Fling Events in 2021"

WOW 700 cars easy

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1407 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can see the line at the gate now. Especially if they cap the number of entries

Posts: 6241 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I can see the line at the gate now. Especially if they cap the number of entries

How are you gonna cap an event with no pre entry? They gonna tell the guy that just drove 10-14 hours sorry we are full have a fun drive 10 hour drive back home for nothing naaa.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1407 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:

How are you gonna cap an event with no pre entry? They gonna tell the guy that just drove 10-14 hours sorry we are full have a fun drive 10 hour drive back home for nothing naaa.

I agree that would be so messed up. It will be like black Friday get in line days ahead of time. No thanks

Posts: 113 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
There is no cap.

Mikey

Posts: 1710 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
YET!

Posts: 6241 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not my circus, not my monkeys but does SFG require a pre-entry? I thought you could pay at the gate.

I just don't see the problem, he is offering a discount if you pre-enter. I assume by the amount of pre-entries he gets then he has an idea of how many cars will show up. If you don't want to pre-enter then show up and pay and race.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Not my circus, not my monkeys but does SFG require a pre-entry? I thought you could pay at the gate.

I just don't see the problem, he is offering a discount if you pre-enter. I assume by the amount of pre-entries he gets then he has an idea of how many cars will show up. If you don't want to pre-enter then show up and pay and race.

I agree with you.

Also, its going to be interesting to see at the Spring Fling Galot. They can handle a ton of cars in there though. They'll just use all of the area they have for monster trucks, and tractor pulls. Might have to bring fuel to the lanes with you, but you won't have a problem fitting trailers