New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG Promotions
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I doubt any promoter will ever answer the question on house cars.

I do agree with rietrow that it is a business decision made by the promoter and until something shady happens there is not much you can do about that.

ep-too much money involved for me

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:

I do agree with rietrow that it is a business decision made by the promoter and until something shady happens there is not much you can do about that.

ep-too much money involved for me

That's a misquote.

I said it is a right for anyone to put anyone in a race.

And it is. It's a right, it's not a business decision.

A business decision would be to tilt the table. In that case a house car is a wrong.

This is a big problem for America currently, people can't explain a right from a wrong. Which also means they can't rationally determine the difference.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have no problem answering that question. I've answered it before, and I'll say again, Loose Rocker has zero house cars. Even when my partners' father or son race, they pay, just like everyone else. There are no deals or kickbacks to Loose Rocker.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5748 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:

I have no problem answering that question. I've answered it before, and I'll say again, Loose Rocker has zero house cars. Even when my partners' father or son race, they pay, just like everyone else. There are no deals or kickbacks to Loose Rocker.

That's not a wrong either, it's a right.

It's not a business decision.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Again you dont have to pre entry... To my knowledge every purse was paid in full. Not sure why some have an issue. Its his business and if I where him nobody on Facebook or the net would tell me how to run it... Don't like it keep it moving. Its obviously working the car count is there so....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1406 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Again you dont have to pre entry... To my knowledge every purse was paid in full. Not sure why some have an issue. Its his business and if I where him nobody on Facebook or the net would tell me how to run it... Don't like it keep it moving. Its obviously working the car count is there so....

That's a post - democracy approach to taking the 5th on a reasonable question.

A post-democratic society is one that continues to have and to use all the institutions of democracy, but in which they increasingly become a formal shell.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I should have clarified Beard. people who promote such as yourself who do not allow house cars will answer. if a promoter allows house cars the silence should be your answer.

ep

Posts: 776 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris, it sure is clear to me that SFG doesn't care if he loses you as a customer and appears he's all but telling you he prefers you no longer patronize his races. What more does he have to say or not say before you get it?

That said, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kyle Riley is a very smart man and a promotor on par with PT Barnum.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
When a promoter puts on the largest paying race in history, has a financial interest in who wins the race, and has a raffle to put racers back into the late rounds of the race?

I’m not saying there were shenanigans, but the potential (and surely temptation) is certainly there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lenny5160,

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3185 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can answer to what goes on at Great American Bracket Races. We do not have any house cars. We don’t even let our brothers or my son race in our races much less put someone else in the race and paying their entry fee.

Britt Cummings

Posts: 6 | Location: LOUISIANA | Registered: March 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I should have clarified Beard. people who promote such as yourself who do not allow house cars will answer. if a promoter allows house cars the silence should be your answer.

ep

That makes absolutely no sense at all, because it presumes the table is automatically tilted for house cars, when in reality there's no Evidence in SFG's history to back this claim/presumption.

Again, it's a right for anyone to put anyone in a race.

To pretend otherwise is a wrong. Especially if your capitalizing on pretend, as a promoter.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is true but don't you think anyone who has or thought about pre-entering should know where the money is kept? What the refund or credit policy is stated in black and white. That is a legit question that should have been answered no matter who it is asking.

I thought about pre-entering the SFG 500 in GA but could not find a definitive refund policy. The fact that Chris asked the question and was completely ignored has me second guessing ever entering a SFG race.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

A post-democratic society is one that continues to have and to use all the institutions of democracy, but in which they increasingly become a formal shell.

He doesnt have to answer ****. What dont you understand? Its HIS company dont like how he does it do not support him. It really is that f__king easy why is that so hard to grasp..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1406 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Chris, it sure is clear to me that SFG doesn't care if he loses you as a customer and appears he's all but telling you he prefers you no longer patronize his races. What more does he have to say or not say before you get it?

That said, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kyle Riley is a very smart man and a promotor on par with PT Barnum.

Dead on... But lets cry about it Wtf. Its an easy decision... Dont like it move on and race somewhere else... All this crying and guys will still show up for that money..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

That makes absolutely no sense at all, because it presumes the table is automatically tilted for house cars, when in reality there's no Evidence in SFG's history to back this claim/presumption.

Again, it's a right for anyone to put anyone in a race.

To pretend otherwise is a wrong. Especially if your capitalizing on pretend, as a promoter.

You're not really that dim, are you?

Mike

Posts: 1576 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RacerVX54:
Again you dont have to pre entry... To my knowledge every purse was paid in full. Not sure why some have an issue. Its his business and if I where him nobody on Facebook or the net would tell me how to run it... Don't like it keep it moving. Its obviously working the car count is there so....[/QUO

This is true but don't you think anyone who has or thought about pre-entering should know where the money is kept? What the refund or credit policy is stated in black and white. That is a legit question that should have been answered no matter who it is asking.

I thought about pre-entering the SFG 500 in GA but could not find a definitive refund policy. The fact that Chris asked the question and was completely ignored has me second guessing ever entering a SFG race.

Second guessed for what? All purse has been paid right? Until that doesn't happen there is nothing to talk about... And to even start to question the mans integrity with zero proof of foul play is insane and irresponsible. I have not race at an SFG event but I will at some point..

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He doesnt have to answer ****. What dont you understand? Its HIS company dont like how he does it do not support him. It really is that f__king easy why is that so hard to grasp..

Ok Karen calm down.

I'm trying to help the promoter put out a fire, relax!

TORQN feels betrayed, the promoter got asked a reasonable question he wasn't prepared verbally to answer, and hung up on TORQN.

It's real simple to answer for him now. Everything I've said is 100% true.

If the promoter is smart he respectfully answers the question put to him by a good customer.

Freedom wins. Everyone lives happily ever after.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dead on... But lets cry about it Wtf. Its an easy decision... Dont like it move on and race somewhere else... All this crying and guys will still show up for that money..

exactly and probably Chris and his son with their 4 entries too.

Me, I've never been to an SFG race, haven't wanted to participate in that circus with no rules and house cars but IF we ever do decide to patronize him, we will pay at the gate.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

exactly and probably Chris and his son with their 4 entries too.

Me, I've never been to an SFG race, haven't wanted to participate in that circus with no rules and house cars but IF we ever do decide to patronize him, we will pay at the gate.

Yep

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
TORQN is a leader, that's why he stuck his neck out and asked the questions.

I'd be real surprised if money is of a higher value to him, than principles.

This is real simple, IF there's nothing nefarious behind it all.

TORQN is a night watchman