DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Youngest winner ever
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest winner ever
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

So if your parents can afford it, and lobby the insurance to let him race does this make it right?

Absolutely not.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Several years ago one of my friends sent his 14, almost 15, year old son to Hawleys school in Fl to learn how to race a AA/FC. He passed with flying colors but in spite of money spent and lots of lobbying he was not allowed to drive on track by the sanctioning bodies, both HRAs, until he was the right age....SO--has something changed???

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern its all about a Outlaw track doing anything they want....If you don't have deep pockets nothing to loose I guess...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
So what I'm gathering is all tracks should follow _HRA rules even if it's an outlaw track correct?

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Several years ago one of my friends sent his 14, almost 15, year old son to Hawleys school in Fl to learn how to race a AA/FC. He passed with flying colors but in spite of money spent and lots of lobbying he was not allowed to drive on track by the sanctioning bodies, both HRAs, until he was the right age....SO--has something changed???

Nothing has changed at tracks that actually enforce the rules of both NHRA and IHRA. Which is 16 years old.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
So what I'm gathering is all tracks should follow _HRA rules even if it's an outlaw track correct?

Nope, the outlaw track can do what they want...when the kid turns 16 he may not be able to do what he wants on other races sanctioned by HRA's because they chose to continue to race underage regardless of where it was.

Kid has talent...hope they (the parents) dont dig a hole too deep they cant climb out of...his day will come to run the big cars kinda like every other 14 year olds...KC is no more entitled to race underage than any other 14 year old...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
It is very interesting to see the lectures about the “rules” on this post. It is like none of the folks that are commenting here have ever staged with out of date safety gear, out of data SFI tags, expired license, or crashed into the guardrail while attempting to drive the stripe?

Guess we just pick a rule that is “right” and ride with it?

The kid won’t be able to stage at a big money race again until he is 16 (or 37 if some of y’all have your way), but don’t act like he is the only one that broke the rules.

Cowboy boots.... check.
Out of date trans shield... check.
Crash your **** and stage the next round... check.
Don’t have a competition license.... damn you!

Rules will be adapted for this situation and that is a good thing.

I’m pretty sure that half the people at this event (or more) didn’t have a competition license for the ET they were running.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
It is very interesting to see the lectures about the “rules” on this post. It is like none of the folks that are commenting here have ever staged with out of date safety gear, out of data SFI tags, expired license, or crashed into the guardrail while attempting to drive the stripe?

Guess we just pick a rule that is “right” and ride with it?

The kid won’t be able to stage at a big money race again until he is 16 (or 37 if some of y’all have your way), but don’t act like he is the only one that broke the rules.

Cowboy boots.... check.
Out of date trans shield... check.
Crash your **** and stage the next round... check.
Don’t have a competition license.... damn you!

Rules will be adapted for this situation and that is a good thing.

Not worthy
My thoughts exactly

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Well put and don't disagree on what you have said.

Doesn't change the fact they keep digging a hole for the kid that clearly has talent...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
Well said Head Gamez!

One of my main points during this, is we can't just pick a rule out of the rule book, and say THIS one has to be followed, but don't worry about the other 800 rules we're breaking.

If we are concerned with the rules, ALL of them must be followed. If we are 'cool' with breaking a few that we don't think matters much, then we are as guilty as the accused in this topic.

All of these posts about how spoiled KC is, is quite comical. All of us spoil our children. I'm guilty as well. You don't get to decide how spoiled is too spoiled. We spoil to our own comfort level. Just because someone is doing it different than you, doesn't mean they are bad parents.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X
http://worldfootbrakechallenge.com
The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Jed,

Reality and comical can be debated for days on end...when your parents buy you 3 big cars before your 15th birthday...THEY possibly may be spoiling the young man...again a matter of opinion I guess.

Reality yes...comical not really. Does it make them bad parents...no it does not. But they hold "some" accountability for the young man racing under age repeatedly.

DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jed,

Reality and comical can be debated for days on end...when your parents buy you 3 big cars before your 15th birthday...THEY possibly may be spoiling the young man...again a matter of opinion I guess.

Reality yes...comical not really. Does it make them bad parents...no it does not. But they hold "some" accountability for the young man racing under age repeatedly.

That's all it is Chris. A matter of opinion. I don't disagree that KC is living a spoiled life. I'm just saying that we can't label him spoiled and act like we aren't doing the same thing, just on a different level. It wasn't comical in the ROTFLMAO sense. It was a different kind of comical.

3 cars have been purchased for KC, prior to his 15th birthday. That is accurate. They currently have 2, which is the most they've had at any given time. JJ is 13, and I already have his first vehicle. That's all I can stand financially. If I had a lot more disposable income, I might have him a fleet already.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Well put Jed, I do agree...Cory could be considered spoiled by some I guess eh?

All good and look forward to seeing ya in Bristol!

DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well put Jed, I do agree...Cory could be considered spoiled by some I guess eh?

All good and look forward to seeing ya in Bristol!

All of young America is spoiled my friend. Cory isn't any different than any of them, in that sense. The real difference that I see in him, is that he appreciates it. That's all we really want from our children. When we think they don't appreciate it, we take it away until they do (or at least we should).

Looking forward to seeing you there, just not in the other lane. But if you're there, that means I have lasted long enough to keep the dream alive, because I won't have to see one of them LONG cars for quite a few rounds. Big Grin

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Yes sir indeed I agree again!

Try not to forget my lil S-10...she is an evil one! Member Vegas fling dis this year?

DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:

Try not to forget my lil S-10...she is an evil one! Member Vegas fling dis this year?

I'll never forget it, but I know you only have 1 entry in Bristol, and you ain't choosing that over your dragster. You can whip me in your truck again, somewhere else. You Da Man

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
I think all of the rules should be enforced. Many racers have no problem paying thousands of dollars in entry fees. For a chance at hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. Why shouldn't they be enforced. The line has become so blurred because these races cater to the "average person". When in fact it's professional racing at its finest. Some people question whether cheating is going on at these big money races and get ridiculed for asking. When in fact there should be open and random tech for everyone that enters these races.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Do we open up all these track rentals to ALL 14 year olds then? What about the next great 12-13 year old who's parents can afford to put him/her in a big car? Where do you all draw the line?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:
quote:

I'll never forget it, but I know you only have 1 entry in Bristol, and you ain't choosing that over your dragster. You can whip me in your truck again, somewhere else. You Da Man

Wink love ya brother! I get lucky laps every now and then...C ya soon!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
I think all of the rules should be enforced. Many racers have no problem paying thousands of dollars in entry fees. For a chance at hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. Why shouldn't they be enforced. The line has become so blurred because these races cater to the "average person". When in fact it's professional racing at its finest. Some people question whether cheating is going on at these big money races and get ridiculed for asking. When in fact there should be open and random tech for everyone that enters these races.

Good point. If the answer to age limits is "maybe" or "it depends", then are those the answers for safety equipment (it sounds like yes) and slew controls and every other competitive advantage? It just depends I guess.

For that matter, are there other rules the family of/and this young man are not following as well? Maybe....It depends.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post