DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Youngest winner ever
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest winner ever
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Rules of safety all have a background. They just didn't come up with some crazy idea over drinks ome night...Someone got hurt or died to set the wheels in motion to make a new safety rule.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
Everyone takes a pee test at the gate.

Are you paying for the test for everyone? As I said...they are not free

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
On page 4 I advocated for the young man to be suspended. After reading the following pages, it occurred to me that maybe there should be a procedure for someone 14 with talent to get a competition license. Say attendance at Hawleys school and a requirement that you ONLY drive the car you took to the school until you are 16. Maybe 10 passes minimum. FH or someone else at his level signs off, then I would not have an issue.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 794 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
As for drug testing I think anyone involved in a wreck should be subject to a drug test. I do not think they should drug test everyone because that would be stupid expensive and that would end up coming out of pay out. The pay out is already low enough as it is and the track has to make money to.

As for lowering the age limit I would definitely say NO. But I doubt that NHRA will ever ask my opinion on it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4037 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The kid KC won again tonight in the big car at lassiter mountain...I only assume they were permitted to race...

Opinions will vary...will the HRA's suspend his ability to license if he keeps racing under age? I cant imagine they are not watching them?

Regardless they seem to plan on racing if permitted...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
The kid KC won again tonight in the big car at lassiter mountain...I only assume they were permitted to race...

Opinions will vary...will the HRA's suspend his ability to license if he keeps racing under age? I cant imagine they are not watching them?

Regardless they seem to plan on racing if permitted...

Obviously skilled.
Ballsy move though.
My son has competed in TCR and just wrapped up his second Jr Dragster championship. I suppose the door is now open for us to put him in my seven second dragster.
Not that we would walk through that door.

My comment on the why random is based on this: If you say that the tests are purely random, and you see someone in the lanes that you know was drinking.....by rights you can't claim it is random if you choose him to test. I'm not suggesting you have to test everyone.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Ballsy move is an understatement. Oh that's right.
Exempt from the rules. I forgot.

http://sportsmandragracingpodc...-breaks-the-internet

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Ballsy move is an understatement. Oh that's right.
Exempt from the rules. I forgot.

http://sportsmandragracingpodc...-breaks-the-internet

And still being allowed to race.Winners circle last night Eek

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Curious... is that an NHRA or IHRA sanctioned track? If it’s not, then they are free to do whatever they want.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 633 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Sure they can...the track that is...

Does it make it right?

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Either these tracks are not purchasing insurance for these events or their insurance companies are not aware of what is going on.

Either way, if something goes wrong, it will not turn out good.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's only a problem if there is a problem right... otherwise it's all good.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Sure they can...the track that is...

Does it make it right?

My biggest issue isn’t the kid racing as much as people picking & choosing what rules they follow. If they’re not a sanctioned track then it’s just a guy running his or her business the way they sees fit, not someone blowing off the rules.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 633 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nice dial in the winner pic at Lassiter.

Posts: 4 | Location: naples fl | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
So does that make it right?

The tracks enforce the rules they choose to equally as much as those participants that choose which rules they prefer to follow.

The young man will never license to the big car if they continue to race with their middle finger at the places that wont let him recent going to race where he has obviously asked if they can. The HRA's have to be watching that same middle finger...Not to mention all the other 14 year olds and their parents that got the same middle finger from KC and his parents that "IF" they want to race they will. IT has been said KC has been bought 3 big cars and has not reached his 15th birthday...this is on the parents shoulders and regardless of your defense for KC a little spoiled kid comes to mind for some.

Today's "entitlement" thought process is glowing on this one IMO.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All I have to say is wow. I can’t believe the way some people think. And the parents must be real dandy’s wow just holy fen wow.

Posts: 7 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tried to stay out of this but this is squarely on the shoulders of well to do parents of a spoiled CHILD. And any of you that somehow condone it are just enablers to a sorry situation.....

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was reading an article about Jeff Gordon,who started racing at 5.

At age 13,he wanted to race 650 horsepower Sprint cars,but the minimum age was 16.

His parents lobbied the insurance companies to allow him to race.

Maybe this kid's parents have some friends in the insurance business?

https://jeffgordon.com/jeff/ab...on-childhood-photos/

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Last I checked this was not neck cart...

So if your parents can afford it, and lobby the insurance to let him race does this make it right?

I think they (the parents) are digging a hole for the boy to attempt to climb out of...cant blame a 14 year old for the platform the parents continue to present for the child.

YES KC can drive...that merit alone simply does not make it right...