DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Youngest winner ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest winner ever
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:
I just don't want people to think they lied to get him in the race.

His age might have been known at that race...but in earlier races THEY MOST CERTAINLY HAD LIED ABOUT HIS AGE. The parents didn't show up at the first race and say my 14 year old boy is gonna be in SP today.

You're going off of what you 'think' happened, and I'm stating what I KNOW happened. No lies were told to get him in ANY race.

To be honest there’s plenty of people that can be blamed. The parents know how old he is and let him race illegally. They should know the rules. The lack of enforcement by the track and the promoter have equal blame as well. This isn’t anything new. The ongoing lack of tech has been a big problem for quite some time now. How many people on here can honestly say that they would have no problem passing any tech that these races should have? How many people would honestly not show up if they new tech was going to be enforced to the letter of the rule book?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
How about an interview with KC and Riley on the next podcast? Would be great to hear all sides of the story direct from the involved parties.

Come on. Let's be realistic. It's one thing for a promoter/track operator to look the other way and/or claim ignorance. It's another to ask them to very publicly go on record as stating they knew exactly what was happening. As previously pointed out, we live in a very litigious society. And some shyster would love nothing more than to be able to enter a statement like that into evidence. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Obviously the kid can drive. However, it put everyone in a bad position. He was not legal age and did it anyway,his parents let him do it, and The promoter let it slide. Bad decisions on everyone's part.

All it would take is an accident, and all parties could/would be in deep Sh*t. Including all of us, when the insurance costs go up, or NHRA comes up with more rules to enforce to cover their a$$es.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1381 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
How many people on here can honestly say that they would have no problem passing any tech that these races should have? How many people would honestly not show up if they new tech was going to be enforced to the letter of the rule book?

I can tell you that every car in my racing operation would pass tech 100%. Every time I show up at my local track, I know that cars are being teched to the letter of the rule book, and that's for every race including the bigger races.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
UT OH,

I see attorneys being involved with this in the VERY near future.

Eek

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
17 hour ago. DONE...

https://www.facebook.com/dragc...ts/10156973468429405

there you have it.

ep-win a poe dump gamblers race at your local poe dump track and fly under radar. win 50g and it brings a lot eyes into the situation.

props out to the young man though. he got it done for 50 just has to wait a while to do it again.

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
UT OH,

I see attorneys being involved with this in the VERY near future.

Eek

And doing what?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
How about an interview with KC and Riley on the next podcast? Would be great to hear all sides of the story direct from the involved parties.

Come on. Let's be realistic. It's one thing for a promoter/track operator to look the other way and/or claim ignorance. It's another to ask them to very publicly go on record as stating they knew exactly what was happening. As previously pointed out, we live in a very litigious society. And some shyster would love nothing more than to be able to enter a statement like that into evidence. Take care. Tom Worthington

Thats kind of the point, the promoter wont do it because he’s already tried to shift the blame once and it has blown up.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
To me it's a sign of a promoter that is sweating the car counts so much to cover ridiculous payouts, that he will stoop to unscrupulous levels to get those cars. send some text to racers at a nearby race offering to let them in his race, allowing a 14 year old to race,house cars etc. whp knows what else goes on. I see the sfg being done after next season, jmo

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
To me it's a sign of a promoter that is sweating the car counts so much to cover ridiculous payouts, that he will stoop to unscrupulous levels to get those cars. send some text to racers at a nearby race offering to let them in his race, allowing a 14 year old to race,house cars etc. whp knows what else goes on. I see the sfg being done after next season, jmo

Nah. Dude has made bank already. Letting the kid race most likely has nothing to do with money. Lying about it probably does though.

I won my first footbrake race when I was 14. 2 months later (and 2 months after spinal surgery) I won my first round in a dragster dialed 5.0x. Let the kid race. At this point he has proven himself to be able to handle the car.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
probably right Mikey.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:

Nah. Dude has made bank already. Letting the kid race most likely has nothing to do with money. Lying about it probably does though.

I won my first footbrake race when I was 14. 2 months later (and 2 months after spinal surgery) I won my first round in a dragster dialed 5.0x. Let the kid race. At this point he has proven himself to be able to handle the car.

My son is 15 and can hardly wait to go from jr to full size. I figure this is a go ahead if this stands. He’s busted. There needs to be accountability for our actions in life.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Surprised at the amount of enablers here.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am surprised at all the people that think it is okay to break the rules.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes and yes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So this started out as more or less a congratulations post and now its almost a get the kid barred thing. Got to love DRR group. LMAO

Hell its new blood and seems kid can drive.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
But he is 14 yrs old......Can you go the local BMV and say hey he/she is all good to drive and get a state license at 14 uuhh NO so what is the " grey" area here???? I don't get it.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I DONT CARE IF YOU RACE IN YOUR PAJAMAS WORE OUT BELTS COWBOY BOOTS NO NECK CALLAR GLOVES WHAT EVER AS LONG AS YOUR RACE CAR IS SOUND WHITCH MOST APEAR THESE DAYS BUT I THINK I DONT AGREE WITH THE KID BEING ALOUD TO RUN AND I BLAME THE PARENTS JMHO

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
So this started out as more or less a congratulations post and now its almost a get the kid barred thing. Got to love DRR group. LMAO

Hell its new blood and seems kid can drive.

No one wants to ban the kid. He can race anywhere he wants when he’s 16. Rules are rules. He’s good now he’ll still be good in a couple of years. You hear talk about safety equipment and people not wearing proper stuff and the there’s the cheating accusations. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Sooner or later you are going to have to draw the line and say something before something really bad happens. NHRA supposedly made some phone calls and put a stop to it. If so I say good for them. Everyone gets so offended when a track enforces the rules that have been in place for over 10 years.