Find
Notify
Tools

Barak Obama
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Obama's Jobs Speech Launches 2012 Re-Election Campaign

WASHINGTON -- Most presidents kick off their re-election campaigns with a speech on the campaign trail somewhere, or from the Oval Office. President Obama did it in a novel, telling and shrewdly chosen place: in the middle of an address to Congress.

If people were wondering what template Barack Obama would choose for his re-election effort -- some had suggested FDR in 1936 or Ronald Reagan in 1984 --we now have an answer

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Zell/Granny 2012

Project Augusta

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I dissagree, this plan is terrible and will not kick start the economy. Obama keeps complaining about the mess Bush left him yet look in 3 years he has almost doubled the deficit and wants to spend more? It did not work before what makes you think it will work now? What kind of mess will Obama be leaving the next President? Wow! Think about it we are all going to have to pay that someday, somehow.
When you are sinking in debt quit spending / wasting money. Pretty simple to me. Both of the Cash for Clunkers programs were supposed to boost the economy and failed miserably. Both of the "Stimulus Bills" were sopposed to boost the economy and were miserable failures.
So now he wants to try it again with a larger package and pay for it later?
How well do you really think that will work? I mean seriously.
And you know he said he wants to raise taxes on the rich and large corporations. I do believe in closing loopholes but if you tax any business they have to pass it on to the consumer eventually. So who pays for it in the end? That would be you and I.
That is the whole basis of the problem we are already getting taxed to death. Sure, I want new roads, new trains, new houses, longer unemployment benifits, new car in every garage but I CAN NOT AFFORD IT!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4063 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The problem with trying to measure the success level of the previous programs is....you can't. C for C was just a stupid plan period. As far as the others....would the economy be in much worse shape without the help of the previous stimulus? Hard to tell, and economists are all over the board with it, although most agree it didn't get the results wanted because the economy was worse off than expected. So we can try this, or do nothing. It is an expensive thing to try I will admit. And again, where is the thereafter? What are we doing to make sure there are jobs thereafter the spending that won't cost the taxpayers money? We don't seem to have a plan for that. I won't come close to saying you are wrong....because I just don't know. No one does. I tend to be a man of action in my life, and when something is broken, I try to fix it. It sure isn't going to fix itself. So that is the way I am leaning. But we need the long term plan with policies that don't cost us money. We also need to prioritize our spending. Are we going to continue to be the world supporter and world police? Or are we going to spend this money at home and try to keep our money domestic? If we are just going to keep shoveling money out of our economy to China, why don't we just write them a big check? Something has to be done there. But no one in DC is talking about that.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
We also need to prioritize our spending. Are we going to continue to be the world supporter and world police? Or are we going to spend this money at home and try to keep our money domestic? If we are just going to keep shoveling money out of our economy to China, why don't we just write them a big check? Something has to be done there. But no one in DC is talking about that.

I think you hit it right on the head with that one. As long as we have politicians making the decisions it's not going to change.
A business man would say this and that program are taking away from the bottom line. Time to plug those holes and stop the bleeding.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The "dyck obama bin lyin'" regime has a real chance to get things right then??????????????
92% of the people in the regime have never held a job in the private sector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That means they've either been blathering theory in the educational system or been trough sloppers all of their days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
In his address to a joint session of Congress laying out his $400 billion economic plan, President Obama said that "every proposal I’ve laid out tonight is the kind that’s been supported by Democrats and Republicans in the past. Every proposal I’ve laid out tonight will be paid for. And every proposal is designed to meet the urgent needs of our people and our communities."

But he also pointed out positions that have separated the White House from congressional Republicans, such as rolling back consumer protection measures, his health care reform plan and collective bargaining rights for union members.

Obama drew a line with hard-liners who have demanded only spending cuts, rejecting "this larger notion that the only thing we can do to restore prosperity is just dismantle government, refund everyone’s money, let everyone write their own rules, and tell everyone they’re on their own."

Posts: 415 | Location: Anywhere Koskis isnt | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
this larger notion that the only thing we can do to restore prosperity is just dismantle government, refund everyone’s money, let everyone write their own rules, and tell everyone they’re on their own."

Is this your answer?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6421 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
That's nobody's answer, that's "dyck obama bin lyin's'" lying blather he read from his teleprompter!
The "dyck obama bin lyin'" regime sent out a missive bright and early this morning that said, 'REPUBLICAN Governor Snyder of Michigan approves of our "jobs" plan."
One hour later they had to send out a correction, in effect, "our first message about Governor Snyder approving was a LIE!"

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It's not a lie, but rather an intepretation of what it seems like the Republicans are asking for. The interpretation may be correct or incorrect. I hear "do nothing" a lot from that side now though.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Did you ever consider maybe it's time to listen to the REPUBLICANS themselves rather then the left-wing lame stream moron media's twisting of their positions???????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Did you ever consider maybe it's time to listen to the REPUBLICANS themselves rather then the left-wing lame stream moron media's twisting of their positions???????????????????????

Well, You have to take everything a politician has to say with a grain of salt and try to read between the lines. The Liberal left media has no problem making statements not even come close to being true.
I have noticed even two different stations will have a completely different spin on the same story. You have to look at both sides before you can make an intellegent decision. If is a fool who just blindly follows the annoited one.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4063 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I don't blindly follow anyone!
One has to pay attention to what the politicians say and then EVEN more attention to how they VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The duped boob IMBECILES obviously don't pay any attention at all to how their icons vote because in many cases their votes don't bear any resemblance to their rhetoric!
If somebody I support votes contrary to the position they claimed to hold they hear from me post haste demanding to know WHY they voted that way????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
President Obama Declares (below) that he’s proud of Jimmy Hoffa after Hoffa declares “war” on the Tea Party and states that his Union is the President’s “army” to march and “take these sons of *****es out.” The pro-Union, pro-Democrat crowd goes wild. President Obama, as far as I know, has not denounced Hoffa’s violent rhetoric. Here’s what the president said:

“We are proud of . . . Teamster President Jimmy Hoffa,” who along with Michigan liberal Congressmen, Senators, and union officials “who are working every single day with your state and local elected officials to create jobs and economic growth and prosperity here in Michigan and across the country.”

After the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, liberals went crazy claiming that “violent rhetoric” led to the shooting. For example, “local sheriff, Clarence Dupnik, said he suspected that the growing vitriol, hate and anger against the government, and the widening rhetoric of armed resistance in the political discourse, played a role in the shootings.” The National Jewish Democratic Council said: “Many have contributed to the building levels of vitriol in our political discourse.” Here’s how TIME magazine reported the story:

Sometimes, rumors of violence beget actual violence. Saturday’s mass shooting at a Safeway on North Oracle Road in Tucson, which killed six and left Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and others gravely wounded, may well be one of those occasions

Posts: 415 | Location: Anywhere Koskis isnt | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you ever consider maybe it's time to listen to the REPUBLICANS

My good friend, your the fool.

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
That should have been prefaced with the CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS!
Even the establishment REPUBLICANS talk a much more sensible game then the FLEEBAGGERS do but they get wobbly too often!
By the time the left-wing lame stream moron media reports the REPUBLICANS positions they are hardly recognizable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ok. Bill, as a fairly accurate representative of the conservative republicans: What is their plan to fix the economy and push down unemployment NOW?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We need to send money to the following country: United States Of America. Many are without food, shelter and clean drinking water. Residents are going without heat for the winter and no AC in the summer. Millions are without jobs, we need good healthcare for the sick. STOP sending our money overseas to countries that want to see America go under!!! We have people here that lack the basic human needs. U.S.A. FIRST!

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need to send money to the following country: United States Of America. Many are without food, shelter and clean drinking water. Residents are going without heat for the winter and no AC in the summer. Millions are without jobs, we need good healthcare for the sick. STOP sending our money overseas to countries that want to see America go under!!! We have people here that lack the basic human needs. U.S.A. FIRST!

Now thats a good liberial view point.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
That should have been prefaced with the CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS!

My friend, name one plz.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now thats a good liberial view point.

How did reducing overseas spending and helping our own economy become a libral point of view? Seems like when things are ugly at home, you tighten the belt and that includes at times helping other coutries with thier issues.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo