Notify
Tools

Barak Obama
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Ok. Bill, as a fairly accurate representative of the conservative republicans: What is their plan to fix the economy and push down unemployment NOW?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Well, I think the main problem is Bill Clinton giving "Most Favored Trade Status" to China. I believe he should be put in front of a firing squad and shot for Treason against the United States. With that said it is already done and they busted down the dam. You can not go back. So our next problem is how the tax base is set up, when our tax system was set up we were the manufacturing, technology and engineering leaders of the world. Now we buy from China...... Our tax system simply does not work like it is now.
Why? Because what few working people are left are having to pay for all of the federal taxes and support the Government by ourselves. Adding to that deficit will just make it worse, you have to fix the problem. With all workers paying 25% income tax and businesses paying about 25% taxes there is a 50% tax that is built into everything made in America. There is NO TAXES PAID ON IMPORTED GOODS! I can buy a $500 bond and import billions of dollars of goods a year and pay NO TAXES on it!
There miliions of people in America who pay NO INCOME TAXES, topless dancers, illegal aliens, drug dealers and some rich people with loopholes.
So at this point I believe the only solution and the only way to save America from a real depression is a Flat Tax System.
What that does is everyone gets a $5000 per year check that is to help out the low income people. Now everyone pays 23% sales tax on everything, no loopholes, no income tax no IRS. You draw all of your paycheck and you are taxed when you buy anything. Does not matter how much you make or if it was selling illegal drugs or anything when you buy anything you pay taxes that supports our Government.
The cheap labor overseas is hard enough to deal with but it is insane for all goods made in America to have a 50% tax built in and imported stuff gets a free ride. Now in my business I import a lot of goods and I try to buy American but with our current system it is impossible for us to be competeitive even if they were making same pay over there.
Lets put American workers on semi level footing and we can survive. America simply can not survive if we keep bleeding jobs and spending money like it is going out of style.
Americans want to work and we never give up but our leaders have slipped us the weenie and sold us out.
Let me give you an example on one of my compressors I needed a new cylinder made. I was quoted $500 each for them Made in America. Now I know I could shop around and get it done for maybe $150-200 but I get in made in China for UNDER $5 each! I have to buy the parts from China because if I had to add the money of the parts made in America it would be too expensive and would never sell a single compressor.
We have not even discussed the overbearing OSHA and EPA that make it extremely expensive to work here but that is a different subject for a different time. Point is money is why our jobs are leaving and that is the problem. Throwing more money at it just makes us go into the real depression quicker.
We have other problems here but I think the first and most important step is to try to get us on equal footing with foreign countries and to do that we need a Fair Tax.
So if we were the manufacturing leader of the world then our old tax system would work but if we are simply a consumer economy then the taxes need to be on the cunsumer not the working man.
I do feel it is serious and I feel that Obama is leading us right into a depression. I feel that Clinton will go down in history as the man who changed the world, made China the most powerful country and put America going downhill.
I believe a Fair Tax is our best chance to survive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4217 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
From Clinton to Obama, i guess 43 slept for 8 yrs. and didn't do shiott..........
Ice Cream

“When a good or service is produced at lower
cost in another country, it makes sense to import
it rather than to produce it domestically.”
—Economic Report of the President, p. 25,
February 2004

“Outsourcing is just a new way of doing
international trade. More things are tradable
than were tradable in the past. And that’s a
good thing.”
—N. Gregory Mankiw, Chairman of
President Bush’s Council of Economic
Advisors, Feb. 9, 2004

The outsourcing of U.S. jobs “is part of trade...
and there can’t be any doubt about the
fact that trade makes the economy stronger.”
—U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow,
March 29, 2004

2.7 million jobs shipped overseas under 43.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
i guess 43 slept for 8 yrs. and didn't do shiott..........

Hey BJB nobody said Bush did a good job, idiot, but whats this clown that you swing on his nuts doing?

Posts: 415 | Location: Anywhere Koskis isnt | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
The dam was already broke down and the water out when Bush took office. Clinton had already gave "Most Favored Trade Status" to China. I do not know how to put it back like it was before Clinton sold us out. If you can stop China from running us over and doing us please let us know how.
Blaming Bush is silly and childish in my opinion because everything around is made in China now and all of those things WERE American jobs.
I believe the politicians try to put the best spin on the hand they are dealt and try to tell us it is all good.
Please do not tell me that you are typing right now on a computer made in China and do not believe China is the reason we are losing jobs (and tax base)

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4217 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
At summit, Bush touts free-trade record
APEC

President Bush briefed world leaders on his G-20 economic summit Saturday at the APEC meeting in Peru.President Bush, in what could be his final overseas trip as president, called on international leaders Saturday to continue his administration's push for free trade despite the global financial crisis.

"One of the enduring lessons of the Great Depression is that global protectionism is a path to global economic ruin," Bush told the annual meeting of the 21-nation Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in the capital, Lima.

"I recognize I'm leaving office in two months," Bush said as he discussed the Doha trade talks, which were launched in 2001 to help liberalize international trade policies, "but nevertheless, this administration will push hard ... so that Doha can be completed and so we can send a message: We refuse to accept protectionism in the 21st century."

Spouting his record on free trade, Bush said, "expanding trade and investment has been one of the highest priorities of my administration.

"When I took office, America had free trade agreements in force with only three nations.
Today, we have agreements in force with 14."

Bush said that during his administration, "America's trade with the world has grown from $2.5 [trillion] to $4 trillion, an increase of 60 percent."

Among APEC member nations, he cited Chile and Peru as more than doubling their trade with the United States during his time in office, and trade with China more than tripling.

"Overall, America's trade with APEC nations now accounts for nearly two-thirds of our trade in the world," Bush said.

Bush chided the U.S. Congress, saying it was "extremely disappointing" that lawmakers adjourned without passing new trade agreements between the United States and Colombia, Panama and South Korea.

"I urge all those who support free trade to continue to press the case for the Congress to pass free-trade agreements with Colombia and Panama and South Korea," he said, drawing applause from his audience.

Referring to the global financial crisis, Bush said, "recovering from the financial crisis is going to take time. But we'll recover and, in so doing, begin a new era of prosperity. The nations of APEC have faced tests before. We have risen to meet them together, and we will do so again."

After his speech, Bush met briefly with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev. Russia is a member of APEC.

"This will be my last meeting as the sitting president with the leader of Russia," Bush said after the two leaders shook hands.

I'd say bush did pretty well in pushing free trade.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
bush was instramental in pushing free trade agreements, educate yourself.
He's more guilty than Obama.......

http://www.ontheissues.org/Cel..._Bush_Free_Trade.htm

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's more guilty than Obama.......

The Oblowjob nut swinger just admitted that his leader sucks.....

Posts: 415 | Location: Anywhere Koskis isnt | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
President Obama is scheduled to address the nation tonight to reveal his program to help create jobs. But I guarantee that he will not say anything about the jobs program for illegal aliens that he already has in place.
Earlier this year, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis signed an agreement with six Latin American countries to help protect the rights of migrant workers in the US. The agreement included the education and protection of illegal immigrants from Mexico and other Central American countries.
National Labor Rights Week was August 29 to September 5. The US Labor Department, along with several other federal agencies took part in workshops held by the Mexican Consulate in 50 US cities. At these workshops, the Labor Department counseled illegal aliens on their rights and how to obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) from the IRS which will allow them to work in the US. This was all done under the agreement that Solis had signed with the US’s southern neighbors.
John Stahl, chairman of the Tea Party Immigration Coalition is fuming over the Labor Department’s actions. Concerning the rights of illegal aliens, Stahl stated, ‘Illegal aliens may not work in the United States — period. That’s what the law says. The only right they have is to be deported.’

He also questions the legality of the agreement between the Labor Department and the Central American nations, saying, ‘We’d like to know under what authority the secretary of Labor signed an international agreement. Last I checked, the Senate of the United States must ratify treaties.”
While so many Americans are out of work, Obama and the Labor Department have already launched a program to allow hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants to work in the US. Also note that this program was launched months before his expected jobs speech tonight.
This is just one of many things the Obama administration has done to demonstrate that they favor illegals more than they do our own citizens. I don’t know about you, but I consider the overt efforts of Obama and Solis to ignore federal laws and then hold workshops to show illegals how to subvert the system so they can take jobs from American citizens as being another act of treason against the constitution and the American people committed by the President.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Obama just told immigration to stop deporting the 300,000 illegals they had and give them work visa's unless they were criminals.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Obama just told immigration to stop deporting the 300,000 illegals they had and give them work visa's unless they were criminals.

That's a shame. More illegals had been deported during this administration that during any other up to this point. It needs to continue.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6442 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

That's a shame. More illegals had been deported during this administration that during any other up to this point. It needs to continue.

I did a quick search and could not find it any where that Obama has deported more. I did find where he gave 300,000 of them amnesty and work VISA's. I did find where they said they believe there is 20 million illegal immigrants here in America right now. That is not good and in my opinion they all need to be deported and a better system for stopping them from coming back in. I do not have any problem with people who want to come to America as long as they do it legally.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Curly1,

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
In a bid to remake the enforcement of federal immigration laws, the Obama administration is deporting record numbers of illegal immigrants and auditing hundreds of businesses that blithely hire undocumented workers.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007. The pace of company audits has roughly quadrupled since President George W. Bush's final year in office.

Quick search found this as only one of many sources. Our local newspaper even had it from the Associated Press.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Putting stock in what the "dyck obama bin lyin'" regime propaganda arm and the left-wing lame stream moron media put out?
What a doofus!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Putting stock in what the "dyck obama bin lyin'" regime propaganda arm and the left-wing lame stream moron media put out?
What a doofus!

You know Bill. If you only want to believe the news reports that support your points of view and if that makes you feel better, be my guest. I have tried to treat most of your posts with respect even if I don't agree with your extreme point of view. Save the name calling though as_wipe. I may not respect you, but I sure try to act in a respectful way toward you. You make it hard to continue that, and easy to understand why others do not act respectfully toward you.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Look for respect from duped boob IMBECILES???????????????????
That would make me one of THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm here to post TRUTH and FACTS and that upsets the people living in a fantasy world!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm here to post TRUTH and FACTS and that upsets the people living in a fantasy world!

Truth and fact?
More name calling than anything. Take this quoted post for instance.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:

Old bill just can't seem to stop being a compulsive liar...........

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a bid to remake the enforcement of federal immigration laws, the Obama administration is deporting record numbers of illegal immigrants and auditing hundreds of businesses that blithely hire undocumented workers.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007. The pace of company audits has roughly quadrupled since President George W. Bush's final year in office.

Quick search found this as only one of many sources. Our local newspaper even had it from the Associated Press.

The same year (2010) that reports his record on deporting of illegals..............

U.S. shifts approach to deporting illegal immigrants
Updated 9/10/2010 4:56 AM

The Obama administration is changing the federal immigration enforcement strategy in ways that reduce the threat of deportation for millions of illegal immigrants, even as states such as Arizona, Colorado, Virginia, Ohio and Texas are pushing to accelerate deportations.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/w...migration10_ST_N.htm

Did you know Obama made changes last year?

Posts: 2987 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Obama's Department of Homeland Security has been deporting more undocumented immigrants than President Bush's ever did.

The number of deportations each year more than tripled during the Bush era -- and has kept going up since then. During fiscal year 2009, the first fiscal year of the Obama era, 387,790 immigrants were deported -- almost 100,000 more during the last full fiscal year of the Bush presidency.

Department of Homeland Security officials stress one big difference between Bush and Obama policies: that the percentage of convicted criminals among the deportees is rising dramatically.

In fiscal year 2008, 31 percent of the 369,221 deportees had criminal records. From October of 2009 to late April of 2010, that figure was up to 48 percent.

Frank Sharry, the executive director of the pro-immigration group America's Voice, credits Obama with "one significant rollback" relative to the Bush years, "which was of high-profile workplace raids."

But, Sharry said, Obama's record is a far cry from what many of his supporters were expecting. "It's remarkable that Barack Obama as a candidate spoke so movingly about how our enforcement priorities were wrong -- and now he's exceeded the Bush administration level," Sharry said.

In just 2 1/2 yrs. compared to Bush's 8 yrs........