DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
It's the duped boob IMBECILES compadres that argue against locking up whack job nuts, like the aclu who are solidly in bed with the FLEEBAGGER politicians the duped boobs support!!!!!
Add in the "liberal" judges who won't impose maximum sentences and the gang banger is soon out creating more terror and mayhem!!!!!
Then throw in the touchy feely parole boards that won't believe there is true evil in the world and release convicted murderers and rapists years before their sentence is served!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
do you oppose background checks to prevent a convicted felon from purchasing a gun? Do you oppose requiring private sales to be reported so bad guys can't buy guns? Do you oppose adding some mental health requirements to protect citizens. There was a young man in Florida who was committed 3 times by his parents because they knew he was a danger. 3 times he was released

Drag, those laws are already there. In fact, had Adam Lanza's mother not lied on her gun app. she might still be with us today. 20,000 gun control laws on the books! Enforce those before we add new one's.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12292 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about you guys showing a little common sense

Ah, common since, that door swings both ways. It's been stated there are 20k gun laws on the books, if true, how could that not cover the gamut? It's also been stated that only law abiding citizens abide by the law. Do you actually think some BS law is going to curtail "convicted felons" or "bad guys can't buy guns"??? They don't give a shyt what some law says. What's an extra couple of years when you are willing to kill somebody? Common sense, show me the effectiveness of the 20k gun laws on the books. "gun free zones" are a get out of jail free card for those that have them. So pass your laws and hobble the law abiding citizen then pass wave after wave of more laws when the one's you've passed don't work.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2340 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Piers gets his butt kicked. The guy should go back home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...51EwrI&feature=share

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So pass your laws and hobble the law abiding citizen then pass wave after wave of more laws when the one's you've passed don't work.

So please explain to me how background checks and regulating private sales are going to "hobble the law abiding citizen" And please explain how getting serious about mental health is going to affect you and other gun owners. You do realize La Pierre and the NRA don't give a sh*t about you and gun owners don't you? They only care about guns makers and selling more product. Are you old enough to remember the '60's when the NRA was focused solely on gun safety? Probably not. They are now a lobby whose job it is to sell guns. In Florida you take a 1 hour course, fire a gun 3 times and now you're a responsible gun carrier. Thats real smart. Why don't you tell the NRA to focus on real training to prevent accidental shootings, they happen much too often. Oh, thats right, they're a lobbying group now, not a group of serious adult gun owners.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Background checks and regulating private sales are simply more big brother encroachment. If you don't think Homeland Security and the TSA aren't serious curtailments to personal liberties then we certainly disagree. With the urgency to pass more laws, show me the effectiveness of the 20k laws on the books. There will no doubt be more laws passed and there will continue to be tragedies and cries for yet more ineffective laws, trust me. It boils down to chasing your tail with ineffective measures that ultimately "hobble" personal freedom.
I am old enough to remember the 60's (peace/love/dove) but I have no knowledge or interest in the NRA then or now. I'll certainly take your word for it. I'm sure the NRA is as dirty and corrupt as the opposition politicians. My interest is personal liberties and reasonable steps to protect as many people as possible in a violent world. Lions kill zebras and people kill lions, zebras and people. Again, reasonable steps.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2340 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well if a little more encroachment saves the life of even ONE more little girl it is worth it. I tire of telling children, " thats the price for letting every dumbass american have a gun" I don't accept that nothing will help and nothing can be done and every idiot can have an ak. Sorry, we do in fact disagree.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Sandy Hook Fraud/Hoax: Story Falling Apart Like Any Other False Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...bedded&v=tHOPMP2r4d0

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Defiance grows as elected officials refuse to enforce new gun control

http://www.examiner.com/articl...orce-new-gun-control

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
drag57--Criminals are going to get guns no matter what the laws are. Now suppose there is a law preventing law abiding citizens from buying guns and ammo. Now a family like your own has an intruder or intruders enter your home. Wouldnt you want a gun to protect and prevent any harm from happening to your loved ones. Guns are a deterent not a problem. People are a problem. So enforce laws we have now, not impose laws to make it easier for criminals to committ crimes. Also as you say a law to save one life is worth it. But what if that same law causes the death to many others that could have been prevented. One has the constitutional right to bear arms. This right has been used to protect and prevent theft and harm which doesnt make the news. I would hate to be in a position where I could not protect my family. God Bless America and the Constitution.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Sen. Schumer Asks Gun Retailers

To Stop Sales As Congress Debates

Gene Simmons Military Tribute

Augusta Warrior Project

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for IHRA BOB to get off the Island.

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The government grabs our money!

The Solar thing just got a little more interesting.......REALLY!

The Tonopah Solar Co. in Harry Reid's Nevada is getting a $737 million loan from Obama's DOE.

The project will produce a 110 megawatt power system and employ 45 permanent workers.

That's costing us just $16 million per job.

One of the investment partners in this endeavor is Pacific Corporate Group (PCG).

The PCG executive director is Ron Pelosi,

who is the brother to Nancy's husband.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
drag57--Criminals are going to get guns no matter what the laws are. Now suppose there is a law preventing law abiding citizens from buying guns and ammo

Jeff, We don't have to suppose that because only the clowns at the NRA- gun lobby, are making that crap up. They put out the scare tactics and like little sheep everybody runs to the gun show to buy another gun. You have to understand they are the gun makers, they only want more sales, they don't care about you. NOBODY WANTS TO TAKE GUNS FROM YOU! If somebody tells you that or you read that it is put out by the gun makers to increase sales, they have been doing this since Reagan was shot. It is amazing you guys fall for it over and over and over.....why?????? One would think after 30 years you would stop being fooled...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
okay Draggy - since you seem to be the "expert" in this area, how is it that Chicago, one of the strictest gun control cities in the nation, has the highest homicide death rates due to guns, which was over 500, for last year? And the states and cities with the highest gun count have the lowest homicide crime rates. Don't give me any of your side-stepping bull**** either. If you can't answer the question, tuck your tail between your legs and hide under your computer table.

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tire of telling children, " thats the price for letting every dumbass american have a gun"

brainwashing children now thats a proud life defining moment ....

Posts: 1246 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ET2278
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drag57:
Well if a little more encroachment saves the life of even ONE more little girl it is worth it. I tire of telling children, " thats the price for letting every dumbass american have a gun" I don't accept that nothing will help and nothing can be done and every idiot can have an ak. Sorry, we do in fact disagree.

I'll make one attempt at logic here. More people were killed with hammers in 2011 than an, ak and ar combined. Also the knife killed more people than semi's Do you feel the same empathy for the hammer and knife as you do the gun. All this gun control is about politics and not protecting citizens. All parties agree that mental illness is the root cause of the problem but Washington does NOTHING to address mental illness. Why you might ask, mentall illness doesent fit the liberal agenda. If you choose to pretend that all this chestbeating by the liberals is about protecting the citizens of the United States, then go right ahead. Ignonace is bliss.

Jim McKelvey

Posts: 681 | Location: Snellville, GA USA | Registered: January 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
No wonder "totus" is doing all he can to take the "good guys" guns away!!!!!
Just over night "totus" lost at least three (3) FLEEBAGGER voters when armed citizens killed two of them in Miami and killed one and wounded another in San Antonio!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11008 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Drag57--- I dont argue that the NRA lobbies. And I would bet they wished they didnt have to. I would think they would like to keep their money. It is unfortunate that this is the way of politics. If they didnt lobby and no one showed oppisition to laws that politicians proposed mostly just for the purpose to just have their name associated with something to have some sort of legacy, then there would be so many laws that might help a few but hurt alot of people. The Constitution is a pretty good common sense way to operate. I do understand times change and in some circumstances an admendment is warrented.
As far a gun rush and sales. It was caused by the government talking about some sort of gun control. People are unsure what that means so rather than wait and see they choose to buy now instead of wait til they cant. If one choses not to arm oneself that is their right. As it is also the right for americans to arm there self for protection and the purpose to hunt.

Jeff McClure

Posts: 240 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Can't wait to the the gun lobby aka NRA to flip out when changes are rolled out by the Preident and the puppet right wing Congress and Senet members back them up based on current or pending personal rewards

NRA lost all credibility when:
a) Solution to the Sandy-hook slaughter is more guns in the school.
b) Fail to see the wisdom in an out-right ban on Assault long guns and clips for any gun that holds more than like 10.

They proclaim they are protecting OUR 1st Amendment. Reality is, they are protecting the gun manufactures and countless dealers commercial values.

Just a little common senses and suspect all involved with the actual event would agree!

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post