DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will Government ever try to grab guns in us
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ET2278:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...FHuaU0&feature=share

Non biased statistics. Gotta love it.

There are a few things that I would like to point out about this video.

One, “Amidst The Noise”, put up this YouTube channel on December 20 and this is “his” only video on this channel.

Two, this is a very well-produced video. The graphics are great with excellent color correction and staging as well as great lighting, the sound is excellent, and the dialogue is well rehearsed and well delivered, I am pretty sure he used the dread teleprompter. It is obviously not the work of a first time YouTube subscriber. This is a high budget professionally prepared and executed video.

These two things alone tell me that, someone, maybe the actor who plays Amidst The Noise, I think likely not, but someone or group, has an agenda and is willing to spend a good amount of money to push that agenda.

Three, timing is everything, this single video on a brand new channel, shows up less than two weeks after the Connecticut massacre. I wonder who would have means and motive to produce such a slick video so quickly. As well as a new Facebook page that just happened to appear on Dec 27. All to point out his lack of trust in the media and politicians, on of all things violence in our society.

I wonder just who really put this together, and for exactly what reasons? (They are more violent becaue they don't carry guns?)
Can you say GUN LOBBY/NRA?

Be all that as it may.

So, on to the facts of this slick presentation.

We are given to understand that a comparison is being made between the US and England & Wales as to the violence of these two societies, using two governmental agencies, that we are to take as above reproach and for the most part I would take the statistics produced as quite accurate. Our speaker states we are going to look at “Violent Crime” from the FBI and Home Office for a number of years. So OK we tap dance through numbers and graphs from both agencies and are speaker boils this all down to a nice little package in which he says there is 3.5 times as many “violent crimes” in England/Wales than in the US. So quite a disparity, it would seem.

Well I actually downloaded both of the documents and looked at them in a “bit” more detail than the video goes into; in fact I down loaded another document from the Home Office which is specifically designed to help people understand the specifics of the Home Office crime statistics. Basically it appears that the way that the Home Office looks at crime and what they call violent crime casts a way wider net than does the FBI. They the Home office describe them as “DETECTIONS”, Look at the heading of the table (2a) being cited in the video at about 3:20 seconds in, IT SAYS DETECTIONS. The go to the User Guide for Crime-Statics PDF Page21 and there abouts and read. These “Violent Crime” statistics include EVERTHING but the kitchen sink.

Quoting from the Home Office user guide:

“An offence is deemed to be "detected" if a person has been charged or summonsed for
the crime (irrespective of any subsequent acquittal at court).”

“An offence is deemed to be “detected” if an offender has been cautioned by the police
(including conditional cautions) or given a reprimand or warning under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998”

So trying to compare these two sources of crime statistics is the prototypical comparison of apples and oranges. Many of the “detection” are never even brought to court or convictions obtained; they could be as little as a simple warning.

It seems as if our good friend “Amidst The Noise” is engaging in some of what he accuses the US Media and Politicians of, if not outright deceit.

Inappropriate use or interpretations of statistics, gotta hate it.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The government has one interest in gun control, TAX DOLLARS!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
These duped boob IMBECILE leftists are a hoot! They'll spend hours trying to debunk and attacking the messenger over some insignificant graphs!!!!!
Yet they will not say boo about the blatant lies and 10% truths the FLEEBAGGERS and the left-wing lame stream moron media spout about the same subject?????
Guess they're trying to be a small version of snopes!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of
two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m.
Sunday Jan. 7 2010, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital,
but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to
Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen
andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's
Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was
not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm
right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for
the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun
when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as i say and not as i do"
Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what
apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask?
It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he
took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life
threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should
not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=62d_1356809952

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
State Senator R.C. Soles, 74

Sounds like a true blue lifer politician. Morals and convictions be damned, cater to your financial backers agenda and grow rich.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
As usual in an event like this the hypocrites party affiliation is not mentioned if it would embarass him!
Any specualation as to whether he might be a FLEEBAGGER?????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The National Rifle Association (NRA) recently released a list of gun control advocates.
According to the list, these people and companies have given money and/or support to gun control measures and/or organizations such as the Brady Act and the Clinton assault weapons ban, reports the Daily Mail.

According to the NRA, celebrities who believe in some sort of gun control in America (the most violent industrialized nation) include: Jack Nicholson, Sylvester Stallone, **** Van Dyke, George Clooney and Lauren Bacall.

The NRA claims that these businesses support gun control in an effort to reduce deaths: National Spinal Cord Injury Association, the American Medical Association, Levi Strauss & Co., Hallmark Cards, Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, Ben & Jerry`s and the American Association of Retired Persons.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i...-support-gun-control

Posts: 237 | Location: North Bend | Registered: February 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
IT'S WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama was in the Oval Office when his telephone rang."Hello, President Obama" a heavily accented southern voice said. "This is Jimmy Boy, down here at Bump's Catfish Shack, in Vicksburg , and I am callin' to tell ya'll that we are officially declaring war on y'all!"

"Well Jimmy Boy," Barack replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," said Jimmy Boy, after a moments calculation "there is myself, my cousin Tom, my next-door-neighbor and brother Gerald, and the whole dart team from JD's Bait Shop. That makes eight or maybe nine depending if Bump can close the store.

Barack paused. "I must tell you Jimmy Boy that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Wow," said Jimmy Boy. "I'll have to call ya back!"

Sure enough, the next day, Jimmy Boy called again. "Mr. Obama, the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Jimmy Boy?" Barack asked.

"Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and my brother Mike 's farm tractor."

President Obama sighed. "I must tell you Jimmy Boy, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I've increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke."

"Lord above", said Jimmy Boy, "I'll be getting back to ya."

Sure enough, Jimmy Boy called again the next day. "President Obama! I am sorry to have to tell you that we have had to call off this here war."

"I'm sorry to hear that" said Barack. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

Well, sir," said Jimmy Boy, "we've all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over sweet tea, catfish, greens and pie and come to realize that there's just no way we can feed that many prisoners."

DRR Sportsman
Picture of kingjr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holden Mugroin:
The government has one interest in gun control, TAX DOLLARS!

Hmmm, more like people control...

AWB is coming, prices on everything are through the roof. Nothing is left on shelves anywhere, no ammo, no AR's, etc. Hope you got what you need while you could. I believe the ban will also make online ammunition sales illegal. And they will institute the Chicago style "destruction" tax on ammunition, like .50 per round?? I saw boxes of 9mm listed 59.99.
The libs are gonna try for a whole lot more but I feel this is what it will get negotiated down to.
And if you think it's bad now but just wait till the next announcement...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kingjr,

Posts: 688 | Location: Fla | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chicago style "destruction" tax

I think the coal industry can testify to that tactic.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Chicago style "destruction" tax

I think the coal industry can testify to that tactic.

I think the coal industry simply can’t compete.

LNG is cheaper to produce, easer to transport and store, is easer on the equitment used to combust it, has a higher energy efficiency, produces little or no waste as in ash or particulates, contains less sulfur, and produces less carbon emissions that are rejected into the atmosphere.

Capitalism at it finest, compete or die. Coal used to be called King, now days it’s name is mud and it’s getting beat like a redheaded step child.

Bring a better product to market and you generally win.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If They Come For Your Guns, Do You Have A Responsibility To Fight?

By Dean Garrison,

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.

About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers. It is the law. It is indisputable.

Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People. We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a constitution.

Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.

I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

Next I’d like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear. This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This is a pretty clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully challenged. In 2008 a case ofColumbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here.

For those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here:

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams

I could find hundreds of quotes like these.This country was built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your guns. Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.

We need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and simple.

A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.

Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.

It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty.What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over.

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.

Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported the constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play.

I just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our constitution.

Most of the articles I am reading on the subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it. I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my constitutional rights is on that list.

I am not the “subversive” here, it is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be a political prisoner than a slave.

If I go down fighting then I was not fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical government in the 1770′s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical government. There is no difference.

This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos.

I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately.When push comes to shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our government is banking on this.

What I do know is that this country was founded by people who had balls the size of Texas and Patriotic Americans take **** off of no one, especially our own government. For evidence of that, you might research the Revolutionary War. My question is how many Patriots are left?

I would hope that our officials come to realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want to die free or submit to their rule. I can not tell you where you should stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a life of freedom or slavery.

You must start thinking about this because I believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to react.

I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.

For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side.

Are you willing to die to take my guns?

http://dcclothesline.wordpress...onsibility-to-fight/

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The lying half-breed illegal alien, "totus", is going to make braying liars out of his duped boob IMBECILE testicle swingers, this one related to "grabbing guns"!!!!!
Just as he made liars of them when the duped boob IMBECILES claimed the "destroy the best health care system in the history of mankind" debacle would lower health insurance premiums, let one keep their provider and their doctor!!!!!
The old bromide "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" is applicable here but the duped boob IMBECILES are such dedicated HYPOCRITES they don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you willing to die to take my guns?

What the f*ck are you talking about? Are you on drugs? Nobody gives a crap about you. Nobody cares about your rantings. What adults care about is limiting illegal sales to whack jobs without any rules. If you can't get behind that you're beyond hope. Enjoy life in your bunker, we won't come looking for you.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drag57: What adults care about is limiting illegal sales to whack jobs without any rules. If you can't get behind that you're beyond hope.
You need to pull your head out of your arse and read/listen to what your comrades are saying because they are talking about confiscation of ALL guns, registration of ALL guns, background checks to purchase ammo, and a whole host of other fawked up **** that wouldn't have done jack to prevent Sandy Hook, Aurora, or any other mass shooting from the last 4 decades. Cuomo in New York, the Burlington, VT city council, and a host of other left-wing whack-job local government types are all talking implementing their own restrictions on gun ownership. It's fawking madness!!

And wow dufus Joe Biden is talking about the President using Executive Orders to implement his own idea of "gun control".

The left-wing whack-jobs completely ignore the statistics... and even the will of the people who have been polling 9-1 against any further restrictions in gun ownership... because it goes against the ideology that is completely contrary to the Constitution and the will of the people!!

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nobodies coming for your gun Stan. You guys are whipping yourselves into a frenzy for what????? Is this the next conspiracy? The next Obama is after us fantasy? Yikes.

Posts: 571 | Location: florida | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Marine Describes Death Threats For Slamming Senator Feinstein

http://www.westernjournalism.c...g-senator-feinstein/

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys are whipping yourselves into a frenzy for what?????

Dragie, then get off of this forum! People can feel any way they but I guess because you dont agree then we are wrong. Leave, go, run but shut the "F" up if you dont like it.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drag57:
Nobodies coming for your gun Stan. You guys are whipping yourselves into a frenzy for what????? Is this the next conspiracy? The next Obama is after us fantasy? Yikes.
I will repeat...

"You need to pull your head out of your arse and read/listen to what your comrades are saying because they are talking about confiscation of ALL guns..."

I didn't say anything about the President!

1. Rep. Dan Muhlbauer (D-IA) calls for retroactive ban and confiscation of ALL semi-automatic weapons.
2. Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) calls for police to confiscate the guns of anyone considered mentally unstable. Constitution be damned.
3. Read Diane Feinstein's proposed legislation.

And the list goes on...

And speaking of the President, the notion that he would even consider using Executive Orders to enact gun regulations goes to show how far he'd go to enact his verified anti-gun agenda!

How about the fact that no AR-15 was used in the Sandy Hook shooting! Bet you didn't even know that, did you!? Because the mainstream media is trying to whip things up for their comrades on the left. Yes, the AR-15 was left in the car Adam Lanza drove to the school.

I do not oppose SENSIBLE regulation. But what's being proposed by all these wannebe-nazi-gun-grabbers IS NOT sensible.

The current "gun control" laws have done more to encourage the types of events like Sandy Hook and Aurora than to prevent them! THIS IS A FACT, NOT AN OPINION!!

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post