DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Trump is our only Hope
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump is our only Hope
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
OK Gang,

I'm not a Trumpster, but "If" he gets the nod I will vote for him. No other choice unless I want to throw my vote away and give either of the loons on the left a vote.

But BK has a lot of valid points, even if you don't agree or just because you don't like the delivery method or person. I usually just laugh as he seems to be under yall's skin..

Here is something I ran across the other night that does have me concerned and we as conservatives should have concerns about. Where it will end up is worrisome if Trump is elected..

No perfect candidate is out there and I am willing to accept that, but just how many flaws are to many?
As president he could not just decree something is so, and other than presidential executive order nothing could be done out of hand that would be permanent unless signed on to by his successor. That is an area that concerns me about Trump, he has not stated he will eliminate the executive orders signed by the current idiot in charge. A lot of things pointed out in Bozell's column concern me and other than "I will make America great again", I don't hear a lot of explanation as to how that will happen..

quote:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-...orting-donald-trump/

by Brent Bozell III26 Apr 201617,351

Note from Senior Management:

We rarely–if ever–publish “open letters” at Breitbart News. This editorial policy came directly from Andrew Breitbart himself. However, given the enormity of today’s primaries, the intensity of the internal debate raging within the Republican party, and the stature of Brent Bozell in the conservative movement, we have decided to make an exception in this instance.

I’ve endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)

97%

. I was a contributor to National Review’s Against Trump symposium at the beginning of the year.

Sarah Palin, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee and Phyllis Schlafly—you are friends and allies, serious men and women for whom I have great respect. You and other conservatives disagreed.

I pen this open letter to you.

Even those of us who oppose Trump understand that he’s tapping into something that has exploded onto the national scene: disenchantment, even white-hot rage among the Republican base with the party’s establishment and the Washington status quo. You and I understand this because we were taking on the weak-kneed GOP leadership many, many years ago, back when Donald Trump was donating to Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Is Donald Trump the answer? That question’s on everyone’s mind. But there needs to be another question answered first: Does Donald Trump mean a word he says? Are conservative leaders supporting Trump prepared to live with the consequences if he doesn’t?

Many critics have outlined the innumerable left-wing positions and candidates Trump championed before he got in this race. It’s worth recalling some of them now: Trump not only supported but bankrolled amnesty. He supported taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. He supported not just abortion but partial-birth abortion. He was open to gay marriage. He supported government-funded universal healthcare.

He supported eminent domain for (his) private gain. He supported the Wall Street bailout. He supported “assault weapons” bans. He applauded President Obama for doing a “great job.” He congratulated Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for doing a “good job.” He financially helped the Democrats pass Obamacare. Trump was a registered Democrat when that party was being led by the likes of Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

9%

and Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV)

2%

, donating heavily during President Obama’s tenure. He’s bankrolled Democrats like Jimmy Carter, Rahm Emmanuel, Anthony Weiner, Terry McAuliffe, Chuck Schumer, Charlie Rangel, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry, to name a few.

But Trump said he’s changed. On everything. Overnight. Just in time for the GOP nomination fight.

Really?

Let’s look at Mr. Trump’s record during this campaign. He’s declared his support for single-payer healthcare. That puts him to the left of Obamacare. He’s re-declared his support for Planned Parenthood. He’s re-supporting tax increases. He’s supported crony capitalism. He’s endorsed “touchback” amnesty. He wants the U.S. to break the Geneva Convention. He’s “neutral” on Israel and Palestine. He wants South Korea and Japan to have nuclear arsenals.

Paul Krugman loves Trump’s big government economic plan for the simple reason that big government will remain under President Trump.

Two weeks ago, Mr. Trump took the left’s side in the North Carolina transgender bathroom controversy.

Last week Mr. Trump announced—guess what?—he’s not just pro-abortion, he wants the pro-life plank in the GOP platform removed, thus divorcing the Republican Party from the pro-life movement. Sarah, Ben, Mike, Phyllis: How can you still support this man? He has now thrown you under the bus, embracing an agenda you’ve spent your entire career opposing. Can you accept that betrayal?

What will you tell your supporters when the man you endorsed enacts an agenda that horrifies them?

As the Republican primaries draw to some sort of conclusion, right now Trump is surrounding himself with GOP establishment types, trying to assure them he doesn’t really mean many of the things he’s said, claiming that much of his campaign is just posturing.

Posturing to whom?

Top Trump aide Paul Manafort is telling GOP establishment bosses behind closed doors that his boss is “a real different guy.” His campaign openly touts his chameleon-like character as some sort of general election advantage.

Is someone with no discernible principles the candidate you want leading the Republican Party and taking on the Democrats in 2016?

Is someone who consistently lies about principles and positions he doesn’t hold worthy of your support?

If Trump becomes the nominee, and enacts the policies he’s now championing, will conservatives who chose to aid and abet Mr. Trump be able to live with their decision?

When it comes time to nominate a new Supreme Court Justice, and President Trump names his radically pro-abortion sister, as he’s suggested he would, or some other radically pro-abortion pro- Planned Parenthood jurist, as we know he will, will you accept that you helped him do that?

When President Trump shocks the civilized world by killing the children of terrorists, arming nations with nuclear weapons (you don’t think Russia won’t do likewise with its allies?) and breaking the Geneva Convention (God help our men and women captured by our enemies who will do the same) will you live with that?

When Big Government, crony capitalism — the corruption of government that triggered his movement — continue unabated for the simple reason he’s offered no plan to stop it, will you accept the blame for having supported it?

This isn’t about purity. It’s about basic sanity.

Do the most courageous thing you’ve ever done, in a lifetime of bravery. Retract your endorsement.

Brent Bozell is the Chairman of ForAmerica, a national grassroots organization whose mission is to use social media to reinvigorate the public with the principles of American exceptionalism: freedom, prosperity and virtue. ForAmerica has over 8 million members and is a non-profit 501(c)4. www.ForAmerica.org.

Mr. Bozell personally has endorsed Ted Cruz for President.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
First of all let me say I voted for Cruz in the Oklahoma primary.
I fear Trump would be the Anti-obama with executive order dictates. We don't need that kind of continued polarization. Also Trump is big government while Cruz is (allegedly) small govt. Unfortunately, like every other desperate repub candidate that has fallen, Cruz has aligned himself with Kasich and thus the repub establishment. Guess you can love to hate the establishment until you need them. Finally, I find myself cheering for Trump as I know the lasting effects a successive dem administration would have. I don't have all the answers but I do know I'm concerned.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Again, Trump is our ONLY hope to stifle the Washington status quo.

Nothing wrong with Executive Orders if they are the right kind.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
NO DOUBT the "semi-stupid-voters" couldn't bring themselves to read the article by Bozell as it would damage the shiny bubble they are holding the PERVERTED WHINING VILE SERIAL LIAR ATHEIST trumpster in!!

No Doubt the Village Idiot doesnt provide a link.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Can Trump beat Hillary? That is the real question..
If he beats on her like he did the repubs early on, maybe. If he has the balls to do it. Of course that will only make his base feel good, but can he convince enough liberals that what he say's about her is truth and then there is always, will it change their minds?
I doubt he can change any minds concerning her..

Proof is in our own liberal posters here. No amount of facts matter. To them, repubs no matter their name are always worse in their mind.
You hear Bush killed xxxx, but you don't hear Numbnuts also killed xxxx, or Hillary killed 4, or Hillary did more harm with the email scandal than Petreaus did in his bed..
It doesn't matter to liberals, and the repubs who will not vote unless it's their man..

Has Trump even put forth anything in semi detail what his plans are, other than one liners? That is what bothers me the most.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Trump is smart enough he does not have to study something for 6 months and prepare lengthy documents and speeches. He will handle problems like he does his own. On a moments notice.

As far as Cruz. I think a lot of Cruz supporters would vote for Trump. I doubt many Trump supporters would lower themselves to vote for Cruz. Cruz is a Pu ssy.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
He may be (smart).. And most of us handle stuff the same way, unless it's really important to us. That doesn't convince me if I'm looking for a reason to vote for him though.

Cruz may be a *****, but he has a far better understanding of government and the constitution than Trump.

Trump would hopefully have people surrounding him that know how to get stuff done in government, and that also concerns me. Especially if he surrounds himself with the wrong people.

Dave

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
Can Trump beat Hillary? That is the real question..
If he beats on her like he did the repubs early on, maybe. If he has the balls to do it. Of course that will only make his base feel good, but can he convince enough liberals that what he say's about her is truth and then there is always, will it change their minds?
I doubt he can change any minds concerning her..

Proof is in our own liberal posters here. No amount of facts matter. To them, repubs no matter their name are always worse in their mind.
You hear Bush killed xxxx, but you don't hear Numbnuts also killed xxxx, or Hillary killed 4, or Hillary did more harm with the email scandal than Petreaus did in his bed..
It doesn't matter to liberals, and the repubs who will not vote unless it's their man..

Has Trump even put forth anything in semi detail what his plans are, other than one liners? That is what bothers me the most.

I personally feel Trump is a good "card" player and is not showing his hand. That being said if the fix is in for Hitlary no Republican will beat her!

Dave

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Does this make any sense to you?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The only one of the 5 that doesn't belong in that picture is Senator Cruz!!!!!
He fought the other POS rinos there and "totus" tooth and nail without much support!!!!!
In the mean time the VILE trumpster was bribing the other 4 to keep doing what they were doing!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Village Idiot, so confused! Must be global warming Banging Head

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
It makes perfect sense to me.

DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
If the viler, lying, perverted Ted Cruz gets the nomination, Trump supporters will stay home. Where will that get you?

A Cruz campaign would be likened to the McCain/Palin venture of 2008.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Village Idiot will share some stupidity with us.

L8R, Mike

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The "semi-stupid-voters" get stupider by the day!!!!!
In '08 yosemite sam and Governor Palin got over 3,000,000 more votes from CONSERVATIVES, mostly because Governor Palin was viewed as a staunch CONSERVATIVE, then the rinos did in '12!!!!!
The WHINING POS trumpster will get far less votes from CONSERVATIVES being HE IS a loonyleftist that has suckered "semi-stupid-voters"!!!!!
If the PERVERTED WHINING VILE SERIAL LIAR ATHEIST trumpster is the nominee the FLEEBAGGERS get the Whitehouse, the Senate and the House of Representatives most likely!!!!!
The results will be just like they were in '12, the REAL CONSERVATIVES will stay home!
Before you "semi-stupid-voters" begin bellowing how many of you have already said the only person you will votes for is the VILE trumpster?????
The REAL CONSERVATIVES will not vote for a life-long loony left winger and a Republican can't win without the CONSERVATIVES!!!!!

NO DOUBT the "semi-stupid-voters" couldn't bring themselves to read the article by Bozell as it would damage the shiny bubble they are holding the PERVERTED WHINING VILE SERIAL LIAR ATHEIST trumpster in!!!!!
I go back some time when one of you posted, "what we want to hear" as a reason for backing the VILE trumpster!
That's all the VILE trumpster is spouting is "what you want to hear", his new henchman has admitted as much when he said the VILE trumpster was a CHARADE!!!!!
In other words "there is NO there there" concerning the VILE trumpster!!!!!

Well, well, the WHINING PERVERTED VILE SERIAL LIAR ATHEIST trumpster is going to trial in New York state over his scam college!!!!!
Too bad for him the voters in New York elected an honest Attorney General after the VILE trumpster was able to bribe the two before him not to do anything!!!!!
Screwing the parents of college age students of their hard earned money is about as slimy as a scam artist could possibly get!!!!!
Maybe the Vile trumpster and the Benghazi queenie will be tried in the same courtroom?????[/QUOTE]

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I emailed Donald and told him about you, Koski.

He sent me back an email and said to tell you that if you did not get in line, he would stop sending you your Social Security checks and cut you off Medicade when he made President.

So, get your ass in line!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Village Idiot, after Luzer gets his but kicked in Indiana, he'll pick a cabinet.

L8R, Mike

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Village Idiot, after Luzer gets his but kicked in Indiana, he'll pick a cabinet.

Laughing Laughing

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post