DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.:
Current weather conditions, not weather systems.

JJ also said;
"They don't give a damn what the local weather station tells them."

Which is it?

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
WTF Blackie!! They don't care what the LOCAL WEATHER STATION tells them, as in the channel 7 news! They want to know what the current weather is BASED ON THE DATA AT THE AIRPORT! They take their own readings!!! It's like talking to a child!

Besides, what difference does it make? It's completely irrelevant to the discussion!

Now tells us about climate vs. weather!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTF Blackie!! They don't care what the LOCAL WEATHER STATION tells them, as in the channel 7 news! They want to know what the current weather is BASED ON THE DATA AT THE AIRPORT! They take their own readings!!! It's like talking to a child!

Besides, what difference does it make? It's completely irrelevant to the discussion!

JJ said;
" Most of these weather stations you speak of are located at airports where ATC is more concerned about fluctuation."

The deal is JJ, that you don't have any idea what ATC does and you blathered on and on about it! The child is you, JJ. You are the one that first talked about ATC. Apparently you don't have a clue what density altitude is or how its computed or where the data comes from to compute it since you stated; "They don't give a damn about what the local weather station tells them". ATC has no connection to weather, deviations, calibrations or fluctuations what so ever, its not their JOB. Do you even know what ATC stands for?

If ronnie davis is reading this I'm sure he is laughing his a ss off! He's a pilot, JJ....LMAO

JJ said;

" Now tells us about climate vs. weather!"

Ask the little man Larry, he can explain it!

Rolling Laughing

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
little man larry can cut-an-paste it from somewhere, he hasn't a clue what it really amounts to either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
little man larry is using prognostcations from the CBO about the "DEBACLE" for future costs, this is the same CBO that projected Medicare costs at 8% of what they now are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Blackie, are you kidding me? Who do you think is responsible for relaying local conditions on to a pilot? Do you think they call up Al Roker at the Weather Channel? It's apparent you are clueless since you have had NOTHING to back up your claims. DA isn't important to a pilot? Don't tell me what I know or don't know when it comes to weather, I'd bet my life I'm a bit more qualified than you are.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me you ran away from climate vs. weather EVEN THOUGH I answered your question. You are no less of a fraud than your buddy Billy who continues to spew BS with nothing to back it up. You criticize others about their views and knowledge of other topics and continue to run away when cornered. I need not say any more, anybody with half a brain has already realized that you have nothing to offer. I guess I gave you too much credit.

RUN BLACKIE RUN!!!!!!

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think they call up Al Roker at the Weather Channel?

LMAO.......

bh..... blackie is busted.
Rolling

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blackie, are you kidding me? Who do you think is responsible for relaying local conditions on to a pilot? Do you think they call up Al Roker at the Weather Channel? It's apparent you are clueless since you have had NOTHING to back up your claims. DA isn't important to a pilot? Don't tell me what I know or don't know when it comes to weather, I'd bet my life I'm a bit more qualified than you are.

Well JJ, you make me laugh. Want to meet the FAA up close and personal? Just ask ATC for a METAR or TAF for a destination airport or even enroute weather. Just dial up Center and ask for a terminal forcast, LMAO. ATC does NOT do weather. NOAA, FSS, AWOS, ATIS and PIREPS do weather, DUH. I did not say DA was not important to pilots, I said you don't have a clue about it. Apparently you think you compute DA for Dallas by using LA current conditions. Remember you said they don't give a damn what the local weather station tells them.
I don't have to tell you what you don't know you do very well demonstrating it.

You want to bet you life your more qualified that me? What a joke!!! I've been flying since 1968, want to compare certificates, ratings? How many logbooks so you have JJ? Got an ATP, what type ratings do you have, and in what categories/classes? Got any military time JJ, any single engine turbine, multi-engine turbine? Ever fly for the government, CIA, Customs, any time flying for a state, ever flown for a governor? Got any time in AG aircraft? How much in expermental aircraft/restricted aircraft? Bet your life JJ, make my day!

Truth is JJ, you don't know squat, and any pilot knows this now because of your posts.

Busted Rolling Laughing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 82Blackbird,

<Jeremy J.>
posted
Show me where I said that different airports base their weather data on other airports. In fact, part of my point is that need to report data based on the weather conditions at the airstrip. It needs to be based on how much it has changed or FLUCTUATED since the last flight, last hour, last day.... whatever they use for comparison. When you check your weather station to decide on a dial-in, do you go off of what the temp/hum/baro is at that point, or how much it has changed since your last run? If you honestly think that pilots go online to check how cold it is, or what the baro is on NWS.com you are sadly mistaken. Do they go on channel 7 news to get the forecast? I think not........

If you think you're so smart, then why did you ask me? What's even funnier is the fact that you diverted this topic so far astray it's not even funny. Since you pulled this up from 10 pages back, why don't you go back over there and find out why we're even talking about ATC and airport readings to begin with. BTW, LOCAL WEATHER STATION, as in Weather Channel or the channel 7 news. I've already mentioned that a couple of times, how hard is that for you to grasp?

You wanna get into a discussion about DA? Feel free, I'll take you to town.

Don't forget about the weather vs. climate.

<Jeremy J.>
posted
BTW, WTF does your knowledge of airplanes have anything to do with the topic of this thread anyways? Does it make a bit of damn difference who you've flown for or what you have flown? It's like me saying I can tell you the chances of rain by flying a kite. Stop posting your resume and stick to the topic.

Remember............. weather vs. climate, lets hear it.

FYI, go back and re-read what was posted. I bet my life I know more than you about weather. Nowhere did I say anything about airplanes. Keep spinning......

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
little man larry can cut-an-paste it from somewhere, he hasn't a clue what it really amounts to either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
little man larry is using prognostcations from the CBO about the "DEBACLE" for future costs, this is the same CBO that projected Medicare costs at 8% of what they now are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blind Dog Barking.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Show me where I said that different airports base their weather data on other airports. In fact, part of my point is that need to report data based on the weather conditions at the airstrip. It needs to be based on how much it has changed or FLUCTUATED since the last flight, last hour, last day.... whatever they use for comparison. When you check your weather station to decide on a dial-in, do you go off of what the temp/hum/baro is at that point, or how much it has changed since your last run? If you honestly think that pilots go online to check how cold it is, or what the baro is on NWS.com you are sadly mistaken. Do they go on channel 7 news to get the forecast? I think not........

If you think you're so smart, then why did you ask me? What's even funnier is the fact that you diverted this topic so far astray it's not even funny. Since you pulled this up from 10 pages back, why don't you go back over there and find out why we're even talking about ATC and airport readings to begin with. BTW, LOCAL WEATHER STATION, as in Weather Channel or the channel 7 news. I've already mentioned that a couple of times, how hard is that for you to grasp?

You wanna get into a discussion about DA? Feel free, I'll take you to town.

Don't forget about the weather vs. climate.

Pretty funny JJ, change the topic again. YOU brought up ATC, not me. Do a search! Fluctuations and all the other garbage you posted has nothing to do with DA or ATC.

I noticed you "point" has changed several times during this discussion.

Weather- a snapshot of a specific moment in time of all metorological phenomena.

climate- an accumulation of data from these snapshots of metorological phenomena for a long period of time.

Happy Now?

<Jeremy J.>
posted
I brought up ATC in terms of weather data. NOT for you to tell us about your resume and compare flying experience. But, you know it all. Bob's right, I'm wasting my time.

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want to bet you life your more qualified that me? What a joke!!! I've been flying since 1968, want to compare certificates, ratings? How many logbooks so you have JJ? Got an ATP, what type ratings do you have, and in what categories/classes? Got any military time JJ, any single engine turbine, multi-engine turbine? Ever fly for the government, CIA, Customs, any time flying for a state, ever flown for a governor? Got any time in AG aircraft? How much in expermental aircraft/restricted aircraft? Bet your life JJ, make my day!

blackie has flown just about everything.

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Zell/Granny 2012

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
If the whackado greenies really believed their man-made global warming bull shyt they should be in high dither over the CO2 the volcano is spewing into the atmosphere!
THEY AREN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
Koski, still waiting!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
If the whackado greenies really believed their man-made global warming bull shyt they should be in high dither over the CO2 the volcano is spewing into the atmosphere!
THEY AREN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hay sh1t for brains Billy, I guess you missed this bit I posted 6 or 8 pages back about volcanoes?

Here is just some of what I have found regarding CO2 and the Mt. St. Helens volcano in particular and volcanoes in general.

"According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the world’s volcanoes, both on land and undersea, generate about 200 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) annually, while our automotive and industrial activities cause some 24 billion tons of CO2 emissions every year worldwide. Despite the arguments to the contrary, the facts speak for themselves: Greenhouse gas emissions from volcanoes comprise less than one percent of those generated by today’s human endeavors."

http://environment.about.com/o...ct/a/volcano-gas.htm

http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Volc...ption_msh_gases.html

http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1994/of94-212/

http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1994/o.../Derived/report.html

http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/home.html

More hoaxer sites?

The sources for supporting your assertions are where?

Where is the Beef BS Billy, no answers to any of my previous questions yet?

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Another polar rescue must send chills down spines of alarmists

TOM Smitheringale wanted to prove the world was warming. Now he's another alarmist with frostbite.

The 40-year-old from Perth planned to be the first Australian to trek unassisted to the North Pole, but announced he'd raise some consciousness along the way.

As he wrote on his website: "Part of the reason Tom's One Man Epic is taking place now is because of the effect that global warming is having on the polar ice caps."

Indeed, he wanted to see the North Pole while it was still there: "Some scientists have even estimated that the polar ice cap will have entirely melted away by 2014!"

Two weeks ago he nearly called off his trek after suffering excruciating pain in his fingers and thumbs, forcing him to call in emergency help.

And last week he had to be rescued by Canadian soldiers after falling through the ice sheet.

"(I) came very close to the grave," he said, on being flown out.

This is actually now the fourth year running that warming alarmists have had to be rescued from expeditions to prove the Arctic is warmer than it actually is. It's a metaphor.

Last year it was British eco-explorer Pen Hadow and his two-person team who had to be flown out mid-stunt, after battling brutal sub-zero weather conditions that gave the team's photographer frostbite.

The year before, eco-adventurer Lewis Gordon Pugh was similarly thwarted.

He'd planned to kayak 1200km to the North Pole to raise awareness of how global warming had allegedly melted the ice sheet so badly that scientists warned the North Pole that summer could be ice-free.

No such luck. Pugh had to pull out, still 1000km from the finish, when a great barrier of sea ice blocked his route.

The year before gave even more farcical entertainment.

"Explorers and educators" Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen said they were off on what reporters described as "a historic 75-day expedition to the North Pole and beyond to raise awareness of global warming's impact on the fragile Arctic".

It turned out that what was fragile was not the Arctic but the alarmists, who had to call off their big trip not long after it started, when Arnesen suffered frostbite in three of her toes, and extreme cold drained their batteries.

Explained a spokesman: "They were experiencing temperatures that weren't expected with global warming."

Like the globe, really.

The fact is that when Arctic rescuers must save more people from global warming stunts than from global warming itself, it's time to heed again the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." So if alarmists settled down, they might just live longer, and keep their toes.

And the rest of us might not be put to so much needless expense. Like rescues, for instance

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/op...frfhqf-1225856131380

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
You're going to argue there is no warming because some guy got frostbite?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Zell/Granny 2012

Send Your Thanks To the U.S.Military

Post a Message to our Soldiers

Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most
Grandpa Bob
Professional Fence Hanger / Spectator
Former Crew Chief
Grandma's Rocking Chair

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post