DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very interesting about man's contribution to global warming.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFoss...greenhouse_data.html

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Coal Company Shill?
Article dated, "Last revised: January 10, 2003"

"If Hieb is not interested in advancing scientific understanding via the time-honoured peer-review method, it's most likely that his agenda is to create the impression that there is scientific doubt about global warming. A conspiracy? Who benefits - well, his employer - the coal industry. While the public believes there is doubt among scientists, there is less political will for a carbon tax.

So people like Hieb publish junk science to create the public conditions that help the fossil-fuel industry stall the inevitable tax on carbon emissions."

http://globalwarmingwatch.blog...-in-good-time-2.html

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Heath:
Coal Company Shill?
Article dated, "Last revised: January 10, 2003"

"If Hieb is not interested in advancing scientific understanding via the time-honoured peer-review method, it's most likely that his agenda is to create the impression that there is scientific doubt about global warming. A conspiracy? Who benefits - well, his employer - the coal industry. While the public believes there is doubt among scientists, there is less political will for a carbon tax.

So people like Hieb publish junk science to create the public conditions that help the fossil-fuel industry stall the inevitable tax on carbon emissions."

http://globalwarmingwatch.blog...-in-good-time-2.html

And we are supposed to believe an "opinion" over actual data?

Even you are not that stupid!

Posts: 904 | Location: SE Texas Panhandle | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Never doubt the willingness of a retard to be duped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
What do ya think of this...

Clean air causing Global Warming?

http://articles.latimes.com/20...kintisch18-2010apr18

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Mount Charleston ski and snowboard area is still open, latest it has been in 47 years?
What I need is one of the self-proclaimed rocket scientists concerning the man-made global warming hoax to chime in and let us know if this is due to climate or weather??????????????????????

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
Mount Charleston ski and snowboard area is still open, latest it has been in 47 years?
What I need is one of the self-proclaimed rocket scientists concerning the man-made global warming hoax to chime in and let us know if this is due to climate or weather??????????????????????

Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm glad they were able to truck in enough snow to Vancouver so the Olympics weren't canceled.

BTW Billy, we're still waiting on a HUGE list of proof of your bogus claims for at least the last 30 pages. You'd better get going so you don't get too backed up!!! Still waiting. RUN BILLY RUN!!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Jeremy J.>
posted

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.:

Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm glad they were able to truck in enough snow to Vancouver so the Olympics weren't canceled.
I see things haven't changed in my absence!

No snow in Vancouver, No Surprise!

quote:
Most Winter Games cities are buried in snow every winter.

Calgary (1988) has an average annual snowfall of 135 centimetres. Salt Lake City (1992) clocks in at 163. And Nagano, Japan, (1998) gets an average dump of 175. Sapporo, Japan, (1972) gets 295 centimetres of snow per year and Lake Placid gets a whopping 420.

But Vancouver has an average snowfall of just 48 centimetres and -- as most Vancouverites know -- it is rare for even that small amount to stay on the ground for more than a couple of days.

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stanman:

Welcome back Greg...

You really didn't miss much. You likely could tell us what went on and who said what just by knowing the subject line..LOL
Laughing

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
Now Stan, that's just plain mean blowing wonder boy out of the water like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I figured my first post back had to be a bullseye from 1000 meter with a 5 knot cross wind from an elevated position!

Wink

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:

No snow in Vancouver, No Surprise!

quote:
Most Winter Games cities are buried in snow every winter.

Calgary (1988) has an average annual snowfall of 135 centimetres. Salt Lake City (1992) clocks in at 163. And Nagano, Japan, (1998) gets an average dump of 175. Sapporo, Japan, (1972) gets 295 centimetres of snow per year and Lake Placid gets a whopping 420.

But Vancouver has an average snowfall of just 48 centimetres and -- as most Vancouverites know -- it is rare for even that small amount to stay on the ground for more than a couple of days.

Let's see............

Elevation:

Calgary-3400'
Salt Lake-4250'
Nagano-1200'
Sapporo-100' and 6 degrees further north.....

Vancouver 200'............ did you take into consideration that the snowfall amounts you posted were in the city? You do realize people don't ski on flat land in the city of Vancouver right?

How about this?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/briti...rd-warm-weather.html

Residents of B.C.'s Lower Mainland often enjoy milder winters than most of the country, but it's been at least 114 years since the area has recorded so many warm mid-winter days in a row.

The 31-day period ending on Feb. 9 was a record-breaking mild spell, according to Environment Canada meteorologist David Jones.

'I don't think there's much we can do about it. I'm enjoying it.'—International Olympic Committee's Mark Adams

"If you look back at records dating to 1896, this is the warmest month of winter weather on record prior to the middle of February," Jones told CBC News Monday.

"It's been an absolutely phenomenal stretch of much warmer than normal weather," said Jones.

"It started on Jan. 1 and it hasn't let up and it's showing no signs of letting up and … it's going to remain warm through the next week or two."

Visitors are marveling at the weather as much as locals are.

"It's awesome," said Diane Johnson of Vegreville, Alta. "When I left a few days ago, we were at minus 12."

It's even been warmer than the state of Georgia, on a latitude more than 1,600 kilometers south of Vancouver.

"It was actually colder in Atlanta," said Sid Hopkins, of the Peach State. "We had snow in Atlanta Friday and Saturday, and up here it's nice and warm, shirt-sleeve weather."
No colder weather soon

Though pleasant for residents and newly arrived Olympic tourists, the unusually warm weather has played havoc with the Games' snowboarding and freestyle skiing venues at Cypress Mountain in West Vancouver.

VANOC technicians scrambled to truck and fly in snow just prior to the Games and on Monday had to cancel about 8,000 spectator tickets because the area in which they'd be standing was too wet and unsafe.

Olympic officials are taking it in stride.

"This is an exceptional year of weather," said Mark Adams of the International Olympic Committee. "I don't think there's much we can do about it. I'm enjoying it. I hope you are, too."

Vancouver's indoor Olympic venues are unaffected by the weather and Games sites in Whistler have been much cooler than the city.

"We had the worst winter since the '60s last year; the hottest summer on record in 2009; and now the warmest month-long period of winter on record," said Jones.

He said the Lower Mainland would experience some cold mornings later in the week, but afternoon temperatures are going to climb even higher.

"We may see some 14s and 15s by the time we get to Friday and Saturday," said Jones.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/briti...r.html#ixzz0mQvQonqg

<Jeremy J.>
posted

<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
I figured my first post back had to be a bullseye from 1000 meter with a 5 knot cross wind from an elevated position!

Wink

Too bad you loaded it with a blank.

<Jeremy J.>
posted
Now since almost every single reply has been in response to KOSKI........ is it possible for all his minions to refrain from coming to his rescue and TRYING to do all the dirty work? He's the most opinionated duped boob on this site, surely he has some retorts right? Can he not back up his claims? We're waiting Billy...................

<Jeremy J.>
posted
Koski, I know you're here...... got anything yet?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Greg, just doesnt get it does he!

How was the trip???????????

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Greg, just doesnt get it does he!

Don't read very well do you?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vancouver 200'............ did you take into consideration that the snowfall amounts you posted were in the city? You do realize people don't ski on flat land in the city of Vancouver right?

How about this?

The Vancouver 2010 games will be the warmest Winter Olympics yet, at least within city limits, experts say. And that may actually be good news for Olympians.

Already the warmest city ever to host the Winter Olympic Games, Vancouver in February 2010 is going to be even balmier than usual, experts say.

The Pacific Northwest Canadian city (Vancouver map)—which will host the games from today through February 28, 2010—just experienced its warmest January since record keeping began in 1937. Temperatures averaged 44.8 degrees Fahrenheit (7.1 degrees Celsius), considerably warmer than the average of 37.9 degrees Fahrenheit (3.3 degrees Celsius). Average February temperatures for Winter Olympic host cities are typically below freezing.

At first glance the culprit behind the city’s balmy winter weather appears to be the current El Niño, a game changer in worldwide weather patterns that occurs every two to seven years. During an El Niño event—such as the current one, which began in summer 2009—the Pacific Ocean warms up near equatorial South America and disrupts large-scale atmospheric circulation.

Vancouver 2010 Snow: Good News, Bad News

Outdoor events for the Vancouver 2010 games will take place at several venues around Vancouver and Whistler Blackcomb, an alpine resort town about 70 miles (113 kilometers) north of Vancouver.

Thanks to higher altitudes and mountainous surroundings, Whistler Blackcomb and Callaghan Valley—the main outdoor venues for the games—haven't been as affected by El Niño, and have seen good snowfall rates. In fact Whistler Blackcomb has enjoyed record snowfall in winter 2009-2010, boasting 32 feet (9.9 meters) of the white stuff.

Not so at Cypress Mountain on Vancouver's north shore, which will host the 2010 Olympics' snowboard and freestyle skiing events. Cypress usually sees about 98 inches (250 centimeters) of snow during February and March, but this winter's warmer coastal temperatures have plagued the resort with a snow drought.

http://news.nationalgeographic...est-winter-olympics/

Looks like El Nino was the "culprit" there.

Smile

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post