DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey anyone here whats going on this weekend with payouts gate times? STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
According to the front page of QCR's website, the "$100 from a Friend Of QCR" that was added to the Super Pro payout on Points Days turned out to actually be 'from the track', AKA Ann and Dan.

Why the need to 'pretend' that there was a "Friend of QCR"?

With this revelation, what is the chance that the new claim that "Thanks to the generosity of BottieBobby & QCRobserver for agreeing to add $500 each for the Bracket Finals" might also turn out to be less than accurate?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Triple Nickel, if you notice, the wabbit can't even spell my name correctly. But just so I understand this, I donated $500 and so did QCRobservr, which means the prize money is now up to $5000 for the day, correct. For all you math challenged people out there that's $4K from the "Friends of QCR", $500 from me and $500 from QCRobservr. Hell, lets make it $2500 from me.

Now, any one racing there should make sure that you get all that money. But lets be sure to recognize all those that really contributed to the prize money. Obviously it was really sponsored by my wallet(when I wasn't looking), Jeff and Ricky, the people that could not make it back for the makeup race on August 28th, the points racers that aren't really racing for anything, the sponsors of the gasser wars and the money that was not distributed to them, the slots, pet food sales, buy-back money that never became prize money, and all the spectators and people that got ripped off on the night of fire....thank you all for contributing to the prize money for this special race....be sure to give yourself a pat on the back.

Like I said, I have decided to raise my contribution to $2500, no wait, make it $5,000. I am as good for it as the Friends of QCR are. As soon as I get a call I will think about sending my money Rolling

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bowtiebobby,

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:
Triple Nickel, if you notice, the wabbit can't even spell my name correctly. But just so I understand this, I donated $500 and so did QCRobservr, which means the prize money is now up to $5000 for the day, correct.

Close but no cigar.

That's what QCR is advertising for the event AFTER its regularly scheduled race.

Of course, since there was never a "regularly scheduled race" on the schedule for that day, maybe the whole thing is just a figment of someone's imagination. boring

The big winner in this whole thing may be the MCIR racers who decided not to make the trip to QCR to race for an unknown purse under unknown rules conducted on an unknown schedule.

This may be like one of those Craig's List scams where they draw you to a remote location under the guise of getting a great deal. Unfortunately, all you get is the chance to look down the business end of a firearm and then a walk home without the car that got you there or the wallet that used to be in your back pocket.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
The removal of your wallet has already happened many times there....just ask the racers that couldn't make the makeup race on August 28th, or the spectators for the night of fire, or all the other racers that have not gotten their proper payouts at the end of the points season.

There are a couple of things this management group is good at. 1) making sure they get as much money as they can from you under false advertisement and 2) running a business into the ground by treating racers like, ...and I quote "blood-sucking racers".

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
dad called track and spoke with ann,this race is only for those "TEAM MEMBERS" and THEY (team) will have their own race for $4000..not open to the public like we understood all year.but good for those TEAM MEMBERS.good luck to those who have qualified.. crying

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
I have been working on Sat, missed the last 6 weeks or so. Who qualified for the race? Missing

We are busy,we called back everyone and brought in 20 new people

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well Derek Brown won super pro points championship and Sam Kobl took runner up on sunday of ten grander,I sucked just like when I left quaker and that is all that I can think of for now.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
going elsewhere didnt payoff for me either,i didnt even make the bracket team at prp, crying

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
dad called track and spoke with ann,this race is only for those "TEAM MEMBERS" and THEY (team) will have their own race for $4000..not open to the public like we understood all year.but good for those TEAM MEMBERS.good luck to those who have qualified.. crying

Bill is there a regular race before the team race that anyone can race? The website has me confused. Thanks Tom

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubby:
On a side note, how did all the racers that decided to race Norwalk instead of Quaker make out this year, races won, money, prizes, etc.

Greg Fox won 42 Super Pro points.

Dion Vickers finished top 5 at National Trail. I think he finished 4th in Super 32 at Trails.

Prest Jr did well for as late as he got into PRP points.

All in all, those the left did a fantastic job and most also get to enjoy a trip with a bracket team to a real bracket final.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I guess if they could spell my name right or even stop down and ask I might have helped out for those that made the team or even handed cash to the winners. No problem with money going back to the racers where it belongs.

I guess if you are going to try to be funny you shouldn't end up looking a fool trying.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
TH383, is there a regular race before the team race that anyone can race? The website has me confused. Thanks Tom[/QUOTE]
Yes, regular racing fri and sat before bracket final

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so what are they running for??about 700 to win in each class????

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcrobsrvr:
I guess if they could spell my name right or even stop down and ask I might have helped out for those that made the team or even handed cash to the winners. No problem with money going back to the racers where it belongs.

I guess if you are going to try to be funny you shouldn't end up looking a fool trying.

The management of this track has looked like a fool all year and for that matter, in years past. I do not believe they can help themselves. But we have to give credit where credit is due. It takes an exceptional fool to turn a thriving dragstrip with over 200 loyal racers into a dragstrip that often can not amass more than 40 entries....that takes real talent there.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What is the story with the bracket finals race? Anyone in points qualifies? Is it all run or by class?

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nevermind, question answered.

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it that the track is closing and is up for sale. Does anybody know if this is for real? I hope all of the bashers are happy now. It's a shame that such a beautiful facility that has been an icon in our area is going to close. You idiots that have been complaining about Dan and Annie should be ashamed of yourselfs; you act like a bunch of grade school children. Especially you BOWTIEBOBBY; IF you have any BALLS maybe its time you came out of the closet.

Dan and Annie have been good to us and I'm truly sorry that its come to this.

Posts: 11 | Location: home | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddiinnoo:
Rumor has it that the track is closing and is up for sale. Does anybody know if this is for real? I hope all of the bashers are happy now. It's a shame that such a beautiful facility that has been an icon in our area is going to close. You idiots that have been complaining about Dan and Annie should be ashamed of yourselfs; you act like a bunch of grade school children. Especially you BOWTIEBOBBY; IF you have any BALLS maybe its time you came out of the closet.

Dan and Annie have been good to us and I'm truly sorry that its come to this.

dd I AGREE with what you just said!!!!!!!

Posts: 5 | Location: OHIO | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post