DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Laughing

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Laughing

Couldn't have said it better.....

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Foyt14>
posted
Way to go, THOMAS!

You are DA MAN.

48 points...What a year. You deserved it.

Foyt

quote:
Originally posted by DMoore:
Congrats to Tom Rossi on the track championship today and to Dan Underwood on the runner up.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddiinnoo:
Rumor has it that the track is closing and is up for sale. Does anybody know if this is for real? I hope all of the bashers are happy now. It's a shame that such a beautiful facility that has been an icon in our area is going to close. You idiots that have been complaining about Dan and Annie should be ashamed of yourselfs; you act like a bunch of grade school children. Especially you BOWTIEBOBBY; IF you have any BALLS maybe its time you came out of the closet.

Dan and Annie have been good to us and I'm truly sorry that its come to this.

If they have been so good, why is the car count down and most of the racers gone? If you were to do some real homework you would find that many of the racers that race at other tracks and once raced there live within 25 miles of that track. Those racers must also feel that the ownership has really treated them well, just like you, right? No No

Someone posted that they wanted to know how all those racers that traveled elsewhere to race did this year. I guess to somehow relish in the demise or success of others. Well, one thing is for sure, they were obviously happier or they would have come back. That is pretty much the reason why racers choose to spend all this money to run a car, because it makes them happy to do something they enjoy with those that they enjoy spending time with. Did any of those racers come back? Based on the car counts I saw at times this year, my guess is NO!!!! Rolling

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Foyt14:
Way to go, THOMAS!

You are DA MAN.

48 points...What a year. You deserved it.

Foyt

Congrats Tom. I guess Tony really did teach you the ins and outs of how to win a championship. bow

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Wilkins:
quote:
Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ddiinnoo:
Rumor has it that the track is closing and is up for sale. Does anybody know if this is for real? I hope all of the bashers are happy now. It's a shame that such a beautiful facility that has been an icon in our area is going to close. You idiots that have been complaining about Dan and Annie should be ashamed of yourselfs; you act like a bunch of grade school children. Especially you BOWTIEBOBBY; IF you have any BALLS maybe its time you came out of the closet.

"If they have been so good, why is the car count down and most of the racers gone? If you were to do some real homework you would find that many of the racers that race at other tracks and once raced there live within 25 miles of that track. Those racers must also feel that the ownership has really treated them well, just like you, right? No No"

I witnessed myself the night under fire. That's what did me in. No money to racers unless they came back to finish race. Then when some did they couldn't get there money until 2nd race was in 3rd round. That's just not right. I heard racers be told over and over if you don't like it dont come back. One friday night they would not turn the lights on until we actually took a stand to not go down track. And last they was very upsetting to me was the way employees were treated was in tower one night when girls were getting screamed at like they were dirt. Those girls bust there a$$ for what min wage? Also still upset about kenny and johnny 2 great employees who looked out for racers safety and got punished for it. c'mon tim you cant be serious about being treated great. I do respect your opinion as I do everyones but that place was a joke this year.
I'm just hopeing for new ownwership that will bring it back.

Not knocking you at all Ray but you have always been Mr. Optimistic about the place so it takes me back a little to see you post this. When I see this I hope people really see that it is not internet trolls like Bowtie or observer that have caused problems for the track. Trolls like this have been around this place for the last decade. The majority of the racers have not read this thread or could give a damn if the talk here existed. They get a couple of you all worked up and laugh about it. Maybe if less time was spent trying to figure our user names or typing memos about internet use, then other problems could have been focused on.

The only people that should get any type of credit for keeping the doors open and payouts up are the racers, especially Jack for going out to recruit sponsors for Pro/Footbrake, John for handling the Nostalgia program and to Scott for the Q-16 and bonus pays. If you have old info laying around from 2004 to 2006 or so, take a long look at the sponsors that paid to advertise, all the banners that were hung up on the track with current paid advertisers, track equipment donated, contingency sponsors that paid for wins and sponsors that paid for bonus races. Where did all these guys go? FYI... it's not the economy considering the majority of them have banners and contingency programs now at other local tracks. It is also not the internet forums or racers that lost the sponsorships for the track.

It sucks period to see any track close!!! Every year for the last 3-4 years this rumor has started. Each year info on the track is provided later and later. The track doesn't address it at the end of the year and leaves it to float all winter. I would think the track would clear up the situation for 2011 so the racers plan to come back instead of waiting until March or April when they have lost more cars, which is exactly what happened this year. Maybe ownership is coming. Maybe we would all be on here all happy and talking about heading for a bracket final in the week to come if Mark's transaction was allowed to go thru.

I guess if you want to put on the blinders and drink the kool aid, it's all good. But when you look at the common denominator in all the situations at the track.......

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, congrats to the racers that endurred the bullchit every week to compete for points at that facility. Especially the winners of each of the classes. Special congrats to Mr. Rossi and Mr. Underwood for their accomplishments.

Mr. Wilkins, I think you may have also joined a special team of racers that have been Ban at the track....but well said. Don't feel bad, that is a pretty talented group of racers that were or are currently on this team. Some pretty classy guys as well.

One thing you did forget is the incident with Mr. Becket from Becket Bodyworks....that was another fabulous treatment of a long time customer.

So there you go Tim, even a long time supporter like Mr. Wilkins has seen enough to call out your statement as bullchit.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys get your wish that somebody else buys the track and keeps it going. From what I hear the track is going up for auction on 10/9/10. Maybe Bowtiebobbie will find his balls, come out of the closet, and buy the track!

Ray, I can respect what you are saying, your a stand up guy. A lot of good people have left the track and that's tragic. I'm just tired of all of the name calling and childish insults. I'll say it again, Dan and Annie have always treated me with fairness and respect.

I'm just praying that we have a local place race next year.

Posts: 11 | Location: home | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Wilkins:
quote:
Originally posted by Bowtiebobby:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ddiinnoo:

"If they have been so good, why is the car count down and most of the racers gone? If you were to do some real homework you would find that many of the racers that race at other tracks and once raced there live within 25 miles of that track. Those racers must also feel that the ownership has really treated them well, just like you, right? No No"

I witnessed myself the night under fire. That's what did me in. No money to racers unless they came back to finish race. Then when some did they couldn't get there money until 2nd race was in 3rd round. That's just not right. I heard racers be told over and over if you don't like it dont come back. One friday night they would not turn the lights on until we actually took a stand to not go down track. And last they was very upsetting to me was the way employees were treated was in tower one night when girls were getting screamed at like they were dirt. Those girls bust there a$$ for what min wage? Also still upset about kenny and johnny 2 great employees who looked out for racers safety and got punished for it. c'mon tim you cant be serious about being treated great. I do respect your opinion as I do everyones but that place was a joke this year.
I'm just hopeing for new ownwership that will bring it back.

Not knocking you at all Ray but you have always been Mr. Optimistic about the place so it takes me back a little to see you post this. When I see this I hope people really see that it is not internet trolls like Bowtie or observer that have caused problems for the track. Trolls like this have been around this place for the last decade. The majority of the racers have not read this thread or could give a damn if the talk here existed. They get a couple of you all worked up and laugh about it. Maybe if less time was spent trying to figure our user names or typing memos about internet use, then other problems could have been focused on.

The only people that should get any type of credit for keeping the doors open and payouts up are the racers, especially Jack for going out to recruit sponsors for Pro/Footbrake, John for handling the Nostalgia program and to Scott for the Q-16 and bonus pays. If you have old info laying around from 2004 to 2006 or so, take a long look at the sponsors that paid to advertise, all the banners that were hung up on the track with current paid advertisers, track equipment donated, contingency sponsors that paid for wins and sponsors that paid for bonus races. Where did all these guys go? FYI... it's not the economy considering the majority of them have banners and contingency programs now at other local tracks. It is also not the internet forums or racers that lost the sponsorships for the track.

It sucks period to see any track close!!! Every year for the last 3-4 years this rumor has started. Each year info on the track is provided later and later. The track doesn't address it at the end of the year and leaves it to float all winter. I would think the track would clear up the situation for 2011 so the racers plan to come back instead of waiting until March or April when they have lost more cars, which is exactly what happened this year. Maybe ownership is coming. Maybe we would all be on here all happy and talking about heading for a bracket final in the week to come if Mark's transaction was allowed to go thru.

I guess if you want to put on the blinders and drink the kool aid, it's all good. But when you look at the common denominator in all the situations at the track.......

Guess I got to agree with that soap box message.

For years I took you as a errogant, pompous jerk that that you was to good to come to our track when you guys showed up to hide in the back. You just made me change my mind.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
By the way, who is Tim?

Posts: 11 | Location: home | Registered: August 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Maybe Bowtiebobbie will find his balls, come out of the closet, and buy the track! - ddiinnoo

Is it not good enough that I am providing $500 for the run off race.....now I have to buy the place too. Laughing

Obviously you are backpeddling here. First you claim that people like me have run racers away. However, I have only been posting on this site this past year and racers have been leaving for many years. Second, you then post that it is tragic that all these racers have left but you are tired of the name calling. Well, by this statement you must agree with me that I did not cause the racers to leave but rather decisions by track management has caused this effect. Simple rule of physics, with every action (like treating the racers poorly...except for you of course) there is an equal and opposite reaction, like......the racers leaving and paying their hard earned money elsewhere.

As for the name calling you worthless piece of garbage, a$$ clown, goat $Crewing, scub bag, I never called you any names... Rolling Just joking.... that was only a joke...I do not know you so I hope all those names are not true.

Last but not least, the name is BOWTIE BOBBY with a Y not an IE....please get out your crayon and try again.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can apprecaite a joke..lol....However, I never said YOU chased the racers away, obviously the racers have grieps and many are valid. My issues are:
1. Our ability to race locally.
2. Enough of this childish online chatter.
3. Getting the track back to what it used to be when I raced there in the early 70's.
4. We have a jewel in this track and we are about to lose it. I dont want to have to drive 1, 2, or 3 hours away to race.

So lets all grow up and cut the sh-- and look forward to the future.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
ddiinnoo.... I don't think anyone that has posted here would argue any of what you posted about racing local, the drives and the jewel of a track. The thing that people seem to miss or fail to acknowledge, none of these request will happen without change. Until the change is made, all of the problems that everyone mentioned will not go away. Very sad and very unfortunate.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
ddiinnoo, ditto to Shawno's Posto.....

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
One way to make a change would be not to go to a racers work, to confront him about a post on here! Just another proof of the bad decsions this track makes!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the class winners. Good luck to everyone in the "bracket finals" this weekend.

As for all the stuff on this site regarding the track. Things need to change if the track is going to be successful. I was one of the racers that chose to race at another track this past year. I had a blast racing this year. No drama, no problems, and never felt like I had got the raw end of a deal. I only ask for two things from any dragstrip. A consistant program so you always knows what is going on and a well prepared starting line.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
VX96, at least he did not bring his forklift down and move your truck while you were in it after asking you to pay a couple months rent in advance.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of XPS fan
posted Hide Post
You guys and gals that love QCR and want it to go back to the "good ole days" need to get busy. Stop being reactive.....waiting to see what happens, and start being proactive.....do something to save the place.

Get together with your fellow racers, friends, family members, etc. and find a way to buy the place. You can't just wait and see what happens.

Tuesday October 19 .....QCR and properties will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Get busy people!

NHRA Pro Stock..........now on a no CARB diet.

Posts: 2764 | Location: ohio | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
MMPSA, what the heck you been up to? Haven't heard much outta ya lately. Same ole crap on my end. Chuck

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post