DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
Andy remember Larry was the one with the shirts YOU CANT FIX STUIPED.. Maybe he left you a few .. lol

Posts: 395 | Location: ohio | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Andy... I can't hold you responsible for your actions on Saturday. That light was bright, bright red but I blame the lack of leadership. I see a demotion in ranks within the Blue Oval Army.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Thanks QCMP for a great season. Glad to see such a big crowd this weekend!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think they did an outstanding job with the amount of cars that were there. With the bouts of rain and other mishaps they stuck with the program and got it done. They earned my respect for the effort they put forth this weekend. For some reason that song....all night long is playing in my head.....lol.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
If we are mentioning songs I believe that Jimmy Buffets' "its 5 o'clock somewhere" fits the bill. The last time slip of the race was printed precisely at 5 am. < true dat!

Cudos goes out the the QCMP staff for completing the race. Also for the effort Fri. night, when its 37 degrees out and the winning car is one of the fastest in the race that tells you something... D A.M it was cold !!!!!

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Oops dont know how this got on here....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wayne Mros,

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
The two fighters before the race.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
It was all in good fun and yes the CHEVY prevailed and beat the Blue oval army. Did anyone see the general for the Blue oval army.... Missing Eyes

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
An opinion of the weekend:

The track prep and the dedication to the racers to get the race in this weekend cannot be taken away from the employees. They waited out 2 decent rains and an accident but continued to dry, prep and race.

As for time runs, they were on the flier and advertised. What was not on the flier was the dial for dollars. That wasn't added until a couple days before the event and just on the track website. Really a bad call having the dial for dollars with the large car counts each day and knowing the weather forecast for temps and possible rain.

How do you not advertise a dial for dollars on the fliers you put out for your race, have them and then cancel the buy backs due to time constraints due to large car count???? There are guys that don't look at your website. They get on the places like DRR where you put an advertisement for your race and make the decision based on what they see on the flier, not what you add during the week before the race on your website.

The issues with the lack of attention from the track staff making sure cars had cleared the race surface is a big issue. People in the tower, a watch tower in the shut down and a starter all missed cars sitting on the track. How you miss that, I don't know. How you can't ask the ambulance service to turn on their lights until they see a stopped car cleared from the track is beyond me. Very lucky no one was seriously hurt.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of supersill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
It was all in good fun and yes the CHEVY prevailed and beat the Blue oval army. Did anyone see the general for the Blue oval army.... Missing Eyes
Hmmmmmmm is this the guy (ol grey balls on the left)that told me today that he his selling all his junk so he can retire??
Humsure looks like he is having fun Hum

Posts: 72 | Location: ohio | Registered: September 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jr.
posted Hide Post
Kenny Shieff check your PM.

Posts: 482 | Location: Painesville, Ohio, U.S. | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Well....Guess this is overdue..Congrats to you Mr. Culp!!...Ya won fair and square. I just plain STUNK!..You could be on here bashin me good, but ya didn't. You are a true champ and an honorable man....just one question? Did anyone else see that Bud Light can embedded in the 3rd amber?..How did they get that in there? Hum
I apologize to the Oval Army and Fans for letting you down...a Big Thanks to The Madman for steppin up and taking over the Generals duties for the weekend....
Anyone interested in buying a Ford Racing team??

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of orange58
posted Hide Post
id rather push mine than buy a ford Rollingcongrats on the red light old gray balls Banging Head

abruzzi racing trans
sill racing engines
kazmir construction
sudden urge tattoos

Posts: 4 | Location: perry ohio | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Andy must be sell his ford so he can buy my Chevy! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
I posted this on Facebook, but here it is for those not on my page.

I had an absolute blast this year working at Quaker City Motorsports Park. Some long nights and some weather frustrations, but it comes with the job, any job, involving racing. I've been involved, in some way, with drag racing for 24 years, but this was the first time working at a drag strip. Saw many old friends I hadn't seen in years, and made a ton of new ones. Great racers and great co-wo...rkers. Many fun evenings after hours, with bonfires, drinks, ring toss, cookouts, dancing, Wobbling (the dance, not me after moonshine), one certain girl, great music (1980's usually, but also other kinds), and overall good times 95% of the time. Thanks to Norm and AJ for having me there this year, and telling me I'm more than welcome back next year. Thanks to everyone, racers, fans, crew members, workers, everyone who made this a great year! And I promise to be a little better announcer next year also. Also, for all the new friends and people I've met, thank you, whether it was one or two brief conversations, or the multiple nights of several hours at the fires (like my boys at Team 80's Motorsports), another thanks to all of you for the compliments and fun times.
Looking forward to an even better 2013 racing season!!

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Andy,

I planted the bud light can, obviously it was blue....glad it distracted you. However, I was surprised you even saw the first yellow before you took off....that red light was really red. I wasn not even sure if I had staged yet.

It was all in fun, and I havent posted the pics yet, but I plan to in the next week of you discovering the graffiti on your rear window....that was priceless.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
THE MADMAN WILL TRY TO SPEEKTH The hopper had to go it alone to the classic.the madman is headed for kidney rock sergery (it ain't no stone at 6.5mm) on tuesday.they say i'll be good to head to norwalk wednesday mourning.I fall a sleep with no medication in me. hope i can make it.Any way ,the hopper reported back with a steller proformance in the warm up race taking the mustang all the way down to 3 cars that's 7 rounds.I was instruted to bring more alky he's down 20 gal. already.any one needing up to the classic wednesday mourning i have a co pilot seat .the mad man will speekth at a higher pitch tommorow but for now(THE MAD MAN HAS SPOKTH)

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Nice job by "The Hopper"!!...Good Luck unto You tomorrow Madman. Remember to behave yourself around those nurses,I know how a "young stud" like you can get Roll Eyes Wink...If I get fired at work tomorrow (hopefully Praying) I'll ride up there with you Wednesday....

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the madman is preparing for his sergery tommorow.now i know what a goose feels like.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Madman,

Good luck with that surgery. Please let us know if you need anything. I am headed to Norwalk Wednesday evening, after work. Please let me know if you want to ride with my wife and me. I am meeting Yuk at Niles and we are heading to the Classic, should get there around 9 pm. Let me know if you want to ride instead of driving. I got plenty of room for your alky as well.

Congrats on the Hopper's performance...and good luck on your surgery.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post