DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
2000 polaris 4x4 quad for sale!!$2200.with reverse and push button 4 wheel drive,all stock,great quad.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
No longer can remain CLAM!! I need a rough schedule of some sort to plan work!!! Anyone... testing one two three??????

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i bet you have to wait atleast till the banquet..just plan your shows,because you are a much better singer then a racer..truely impressed me the last show at the hoppin moose club..do you have any cd's????

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
i'm with lou on the schedule thing. some of us need to turn in vacation days. whats the big secret? let go !!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The big secret is he is trying to keep the fords away so there isn't as much down time for cleaning up their mess!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Schedule will be up this week via Mr. Fox. Thanks for the call back today.

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of brad3521
posted Hide Post
A partial schedule (May - June)is up now. Looks like a points race every weekend with a Q16 and some other specialty races thrown in.

Brad

Posts: 121 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
The Madman still has it in him, all I had to do was feed him angus burgers and five hour energy drinks. Really very nice job by the Madman, thanks George. bow not worthy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
great news about the schedule. thanks mr. fox. the madman is going to be promoted in the blue oval army. outstanding paint work. "POISON POWER RULES"

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
where the Heck is ur mask George???? All these photos of him sleeping is prolly fainting from all the fumes!! looks great el Wayneo!! I thought you could paint a dragster body without the whole car???
Is a 1:00 time trial start different from last year?? What time do you think eliminations will start??
thanks
LJ

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
where the Heck is ur mask George???? All these photos of him sleeping is prolly fainting from all the fumes!! looks great el Wayneo!! I thought you could paint a dragster body without the whole car???
Is a 1:00 time trial start different from last year?? What time do you think eliminations will start??
thanks
LJ

Thanks for pointing out the start time. It was 3 last year if I remember correctly. I bet elims wouldn't start any earlier than 6-7 on a normal day.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
are the team memebers getting jackets this year??if so did i miss the size request??

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Paint looks great Wayne, I`m glad to see him up and moving. I was starting to think it was like that Weekend at Bernies movie. Hum

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted February 02, 2012 07:36 AM Hide Post
Paint looks great Wayne, I`m glad to see him up and moving. I was starting to think it was like that Weekend at Bernies movie

Frank all you have to do is feed him angus burgers and five hour energy drink. Wink

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, The North Coast VW Drag Racing Association will not be running
at Quaker City in 2012. We have attempted to work out having our additional class for 2 races
at QCR but could not reach an agreement with Mr. Fox. The NCVWDRA tried in 2011 to schedule
races at QCR and met with the same result. As a result we scheduled races at Dragway 42,
Thompson and Pittsburgh. We asked for our own lane for our class. We asked for 100% payback
of our entry fees to pay out to our racers. In exchange for this we would bring15-20 cars, 40-60 spectators,
buy fuel from the track as well as food and souveniers. We were welcomed by 42, Thompson and Pittsburgh.
Our association was born at Quaker City Raceway in 2009 and we have many members who would like to
return to this facility.
My mathematics tells me that 40 spectators @ $15 = $600 + concessions. If that's not enough, then charge the racers
a $15 spectator fee, give us our own class lane and let us do our own entry fees and payout and there is an
additional $300 for the track. That's $900 for the track + concessions to have the NCVWDRA run QCMP for
one race. The track is going to do track prep and have the ambulance there anyway so to use that arguement
to ask for more money is well...bull****. I'm sorry for the rant, but if Quaker City doesn't need the money
that the VW's bring in we will take it somewhere else. I only bring this to this forum out of frustration. The
NCVWDRA has many racer who want to return to Quaker City. We are not asking for any handouts. We want
to bring racers to the facility.
Doug Dowd

Posts: 123 | Location: OH | Registered: January 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
OK... now where is that guy that cries about street cars? Maybe he can post so we can get rid of that other group of 25 cars that thinks that the track should be all about them.

Do the math man, 1 oil down takes clean up time. There is a price per clean up. If clean up is required it extends the time frame of the race, length employees are paid and the length that the lights are on. Your 1 class, 1 lane also adds to the length of the race so again factor in the salary it costs for additional employee time and ambulance to sit there. Your $900 profit becomes a very marginal profit margin or potential loss to the track.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
OK... now where is that guy that cries about street cars? Maybe he can post so we can get rid of that other group of 25 cars that thinks that the track should be all about them.

Do the math man, 1 oil down takes clean up time. There is a price per clean up. If clean up is required it extends the time frame of the race, length employees are paid and the length that the lights are on. Your 1 class, 1 lane also adds to the length of the race so again factor in the salary it costs for additional employee time and ambulance to sit there. Your $900 profit becomes a very marginal profit margin or potential loss to the track.

I don't always agree with you but this is dead on with a 0.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The VW's never asked for it to be "all about them". The VW's have never once oiled a lane at Quaker City in 2009 or 2010. We bring something different to the track. Something that does bring in spectators which are pure profit for the track. I'm sorry the ownership doesn't see this.
Our president has been trying for over a month to get our group back to the track we ran happily for two years. He was told by Mr. Fox,
"I'll look at the economics of it and if I don't call you back in a week or so then the answer is no." The NCVWDRA does not make a profit. ALL money gets paid out to the racers.
We are just trying to keep our hobby alive. VW drag cars are few and far between. Each one is unique and hand built. To have 20 of them in one place in anywhere other than southern California is amazing. If this small "specialty" group is not wanted at Quaker,
what other groups are not wanted as well? Maybe
the Renegades? Asphalt Wars? I see Quaker moving towards track rentals and full time test and tune with maybe a gambles race thown in. Car counts will begin to fall again with this attitude from management. I have been a drag racer for 24 years and a business owner for 27. All I can say is, No risk, No reward.

And yes, there needs to be a place for street cars to run. Where do you think future racers will come from?

Posts: 123 | Location: OH | Registered: January 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06vistabluegt:
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:

I don't always agree with you but this is dead on with a 0.

Coming from someone who used to help run a track, I third this comment! The other tracks are doing this accommodation out of the kindness of their heart! U CANNOT expect every track to do this! Remember ---- its a business and different people run their businesses differently and think differently! Sorry - "it is what it is" You cannot shame Mr. Fox for his decision.

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
Not busting on these other tracks that are pleased too let you run your cars there but their car counts were all hurting last year. Qcmp was running regular programs with 200+ cars there just about every week. Not saying your cars arent important but call Norwalk and tell them too make special provisions in the lanes for your cars only and also tell them that they wont be making a dime from you being there and see what they tell you. Wave

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post