DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
every place needs atleast 1 b i t c h e r,to speakup when the whinners want to know something but dont have the b a l l s to ask!!so i will be your huckelberry!! Rolling

Often imitated but never duplicated!!!

I never knew that this song was written about you Bill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...t=PL6BCD8C62DC30DDFF

Just kidding, you know I like you good buddy.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested I am selling my camaro.Check out racingjunk.com ad#2408991.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
then what??maybe a patriotic dragster??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of orange58
posted Hide Post
how much for the pipe rack

abruzzi racing trans
sill racing engines
kazmir construction
sudden urge tattoos

Posts: 4 | Location: perry ohio | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted December 16, 2011
then what??maybe a patriotic dragster??

You never know.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dragsters are over rated.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
On Quaker web-site.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

Thank you for your support in 2011. Looking forward to 2012.
Quaker City Motorsports Park Staff and The Fox Family

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also. Can't wait for 2012 !!!! Wave Smile

Goomba

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas! Christmas 2

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas & Happy New years Christmas 2 New Year

Posts: 395 | Location: ohio | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
make offer!!you need a trailer to??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 27 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Scrap metal is going for $300 a gross ton right now.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
change the oil??? Hell I should be ready by say..... June!!! I need a complete vacuum pump setup if anyone knows of one!
Merry Christmas and happy new year... busy making money!!!!!
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
From Norm Fox

Ok everyone, its 5:00 a.m. and I cannot sleep so I’ve gotten up and hopefully can put pen to paper.

I don’t really know where to begin. There are so many things that have happened, are happening, and going to happen.

Alright, let’s start with what has happened. First and foremost we made it through the first year and we were IHRA track of the year. There were times I myself questioned whether we would open or not. As we all know Mother Nature didn’t cut us any slack from start to finish. Many thanks to Meadow Electric, Polleski Plumbing, Ruhl Electric, Davidson Well service, Dan Kinsinger Construction, Roberts Concrete, Underwood Septic, Sheckler Excavating, and Vandergrift Excavating. These guys earned there “Keep “ that’s for sure, working in snow, sleet, and rain.

As you all know we had some issues with some of the state and local agencies. I am happy to report they have been resolved in the past month. I would like to thank Rex Miller, Mike Hake and Dan Underwood for their assistance in the matter! Without their assistance, I don’t know that it would still be resolved. Thanks Guys!

Greg Miller assembled a great staff throughout this first year. Many had never attended a drag racing event, let alone worked at one. (Myself included) Granted we had some problems, but as time went on I think things smoothed out. Again many thanks to: Greg Miller, Duke Fox, AJ Fox, Ashley Fox, Kaitlyn Eyer, Doug Solochier, Seth Randolph, Bob Randolph, Justin Wade, Alyssa Culp, Cody Culp, Tyler Culp, Kelly Leasure, Dustin Heldreth, Brad Bowlin, Nick Kirkland, Louis Gazelle, Sam Boyer, Joe Wickersham, Ted Norman, **** Ferguson, Nick Hain, Lucy Ogden, Morgan Ray, Jessica Vanhorn, Steven Perez, Cody Bylene, and Dustin Shearer.

Let’s not forget our racers. It was great to win the IHRA bracket finals. It’s was 1998 since Quaker City has won. The team spirit and comradery was exemplary. And to add icing on the cake, J.P. Schuster won the Summit Finals. Not an easy task.

Last but not least, let’s not forget our sponsors, Stadium GM, Donnell Ford, Rossler Transmission, Plotts Transmission, Salem Tire, Falcon Transportation, Summit Racing, and Fox Auto Salvage. Without their support it would’ve been a tough year. These people believed in QCMP and supported us. So if anyone needs any of the services they offer please try to patronize them.

I’ve got a second cup of coffee so let’s continue with what is happening now. The two main issues we are working on are 1) track surface and 2) schedule, although not necessarily in that order. We held off on the track surface until we could come up with a solution that was acceptable with the EPA. I’ve been meeting with a number of excavators, draining people, cement people, and asphalt people. Monday, December 19, we will be getting elevation etc for drainage, track surface etc. One big problem that has arose, is the shortage of equipment, people, and material because of the oil boom in this area. It is going to take more planning on our part. While we’re on construction at the track, anyone that has any ideas for a sign at the entrance can email me at norm@quakercitym! otorsportspark.com. My idea was to put one overhead just before the ticket booth but that is not etched in stone.

Next the schedule. Right now we are looking at starting around the first of May and ending around the second weekend in October. We haven’t decided as to when the jet cars etc. will run. The stick shift cars and the nostalgia cars will be on Memorial Day weekend. Third time is a charm I hope. The Steel Valley Nationals is June 21-23. We are trying to fit in some three day bracket races in also through out the year.

I would also like some feedback on a Wednesday (or Thursday) street grudge night car events. No competition cars, street cars with street legal tires ONLY! Please reply to norm@quakercitymotorsports.com.

Now, for what is going to happen. I know the BIGGEST question is - - - $ $ payment for next year! Friday and Saturday night programs will have the same payout schedules as last year during the “point’s races.” If it ain’t broke, why fix it! Right?

After the points races end in September we “MAY” do a car count on Saturday like last year! Please pay attention here –you see “MAY” is in capital letters- enough said. I’m working on a couple of things in September to “AVOID” this. Bare with me!

As for the Banquet, we are looking at mid February 2012. More info to follow.

Also, Pit Spots. Watch the website for info. Should be mid January!

One last item before closing and that is if anyone has someone or company interested in advertising or sponsoring and event at the track, forward the info to norm@quakercitymotorsportspark.comor call 330-332-3880 between 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday.

Ok, I’ve got writer’s cramp and need to get moving. I know there are a million questions that haven’t been answered but I assure you we will get to them. Let’s all work to make 2012 a great year of racing at QCMP.

In closing let me wish you all a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Thanks for the update Norm,
Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

Goomba Wave

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Great News!! Thanks Goomba. Really like to hear all the positives coming from Mr. Fox. 3 day races sound sweet too. bow Merry Christmas to all of you at the quake. Christmas 2

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
Funny, You post something negitive every one is on here. Post something Positive and no one but you reply's. Hum Just saying .....

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Goomba,

Good call ! Different topic, how bad was the landing with that wheelie? I had a couple of those myself.

Bob Jackson
XX78 Hardtail Altered

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
Well Bob, I could tell you, I road it out.. Eyes Or I called 1-800 Jack Bixler... Banging Head Yep it was bad. Jack fixed it better then new... Good eye.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
GREAT NEWS !!!!! The silence was getting to me but glad to hear this news. Party
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!! Christmas 2 New Year
That is a nice present to get. Christmas

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
THE MADMAN WILL NOW SPEEKETH Such great news from the quake web sight. I had begun to show concern of the mega team racers and was thinking of disbanding but with this latest news ,we have regained our will to chase the almighty points championship.The cricket had lost interest and had been spotted at the local basketball court. There has also been speculation of him watching a football game on tv.(for shame for shame) the hopper had thrown himself into work.He had quit drinking and socializing at the locial watering holes.I,the backbone of the team, had become dazed in old dirt bikes and farm tractors.I had also become adicted to excessive sleeping.All of this is now behind us as we have begun thratching on our race engines.WE WILL BE READY FOR OPENNING DAY.THE MADMAN HAS NOW SPOKETH.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post