DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mark-- Way to go-- We're all up here rooting for the PRP racers at Bristol-- Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to add a congrats to all the racers from PRP who attended the WFB Challenge in Bristol. Tenn, and did a pretty good job racing amongst the best in the country. Special KUDOS to Nick Bowman who did a splendid job racing, all the way through 7 rounds. Great racing Nick, for ur 1st time to Bristol. Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
yeah congrats to our PRP racers down at the WFC, it was great to watch you guys go rounds on the live feed! needless to say i went thru a lot of beer and gained at least .02 ET in fat watching you guys

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It sucked not being a participant at this year's WFC, and missing my DRR friends I see maybe only at the WFC. The live feed is so awesome, it almost felt like I was there. Congrats again to Mark, Nick, Bob Deniker, Rick Clay, Matt Obertanec, and our friends from OH, Brian Cirredu, Randy Biddle Jr, Jose Diaz, Nick Hastings, and Steve Obertanec.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I know the forecast isn't looking great currently, but don't forget, points days both this Saturday and Sunday.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to my buddies, Scotty Campbell and Nick Tedesco!!

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday scotty

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
It sucked not being a participant at this year's WFC, and missing my DRR friends I see maybe only at the WFC. The live feed is so awesome, it almost felt like I was there. Congrats again to Mark, Nick, Bob Deniker, Rick Clay, Matt Obertanec, and our friends from OH, Brian Cirredu, Randy Biddle Jr, Jose Diaz, Nick Hastings, and Steve Obertanec.

i think i recognized another of ours there, Bubba Black? in an S10 i think?

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Scotty.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
thanks guys

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ratty:
i think i recognized another of ours there, Bubba Black? in an S10 i think?

Oops, can't forget about Bubba. He's a frequent visitor to PRP, and a good dude. This year he's trying Hot Rod in the Pro Am's.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
scotty richardson school is coming to qcmp friday sept 6th.anybody wanting to go contact scotty @ 615-804-2487..cost is $300 per person and members get a discount rate? and jr's are 150.. going to be a great class.sign up now! Car

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Weather man sucks eh? Can't believe the way the weather changed this weekend. Guess it scared a lot of folks away. Even with a light car count Saturday Greg paid the full purse, in years past that would have been cut or combined. I give him a lot of credit for doing that. The weather has to be on our side eventually!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
I fully expected to see nothing but rain saterday and decided to work on car. Not sure how that mess missed the Pittsburgh area.

So the rear end got torn apart and tweaked front ride height. Fresh gears so I'd like to get a few heat cycles in them before track time again.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of wishing I had taken Ed's cue, and worked on my heap on Saturday, instead of waiting for the rainout call. Man the weather people all had it wrong, for both days.

Congrats to Josh Barnett for making his first final in Street, in just his 3rd time wheeling the Monte Carlo, and to Kara Jo Bowman making her first final in Top clas.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I've worked in high way construction which is also dominated by the weather, for many years, and if we only worked when the web sites and weather man said it wasn't going to rain - we would not get anything at all done.

I don't hardly even look at weather sites anymore with all the pop ups, crap on them.....and then they are wrong more often than right.

We just plan on doing what we want and don't change till we see the water falling from the sky.

but as bad as we stunk it up this weekend, maybe we should start staying home also?

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you how many Friends did not go to the NHRA drag race at Norwalk a few weeks ago. 100% chance of rain and we had a great day watching drag racing after a small morning sprinkle. And I even came home with a handful of 10% off coupons from Summit. Life is GOOD.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good job on the quick points update. Sucks the rains came Sunday though, had the bye to the semi's and was making up some points. Damn mother nature hates me!!

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Steve, you guys must have caught my funk, sorry. You may want to move your pit upwind. help Banging Head

Joe, Mother Nature seems to be hating on us all this season.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The latest episode of Open Throttle 360will debut Wed night at 7:30 PM on Pittsburgh Cable News Channel (PCNC). We are running an interview we shot with Kathy Gallo at the Pro Am race at PRP. This episode should be on the website sometime Thursday.
http://openthrottle360.com/

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post