DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
They have been doing something like this at Dunn Tire for years (cruise night) they charge $5 a pass and always run out of beer and food..entry is free..They have had upwards of 12k people there on a Wed night.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
I was really surprised on the turnout. After all the rain we have had it was good to see a busy day. The one thing that would have made it better is if it could have been at night.

The big thing I was reminded of; stick cars are fun on the street, but miserable to race. I was holding 2.5 tenths and never got to use it. Banging Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HR1140,

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
There was also a frustrating moment that could have gone real bad... Subaru had a problem at the starting line, and decided to back up, all the way up to the street lanes, not looking at the car about to come into the water box, and ignored and almost clipped a couple of the PRP employees trying to get him to stop.

The IFO guys seemed real pleased as well with the event. I think turnout would have been even bigger had the forecast been better. We got a blast of winds, flipped over some EZ Ups, some rain drops, maybe 20 minute delay, and that was it.

Nick, I feel your pain on the stickshift thing.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Please keep David Green in your thoughts and prayers. He has a malignant tumor near the tip of his pancreas. The docs can't remove it because it is too close to other organs, and it is wrapped around a major artery. He will continue his chemo sessions, then go through 15 straight days of radiation.
Praying Praying

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Hope you get well, Dave

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR1140:

The big thing I was reminded of; stick cars are fun on the street, but miserable to race. I was holding 2.5 tenths and never got to use it. Banging Head

Let me show you my shocked face Eyes

Will never give up the stick. Too much fun.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will never give up the stick. Too much fun

That's what she said

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
PRP added a test and tune for Weds evening. No gamblers, but there will be dial in lanes, which I've been wanting for years. Just wish my heap was ready.

Tuesday, July 2 - Street cars/bikes only test and tune. No trailers admitted! Once through the gates, swap to slicks, drop exhaust, etc, permitted. The band A Lovely Crisis will play at the pavillion. $25 to race, $7 for spectators, $20 a carload, kids 10 and under free.

Wednesday, July 3 - Just added to the schedule, test and tune, open to all! $25 to race, $7 for spectators, $20 a carload. There will not be a gamblers race, HOWEVER, we will have dial in lanes, starting with the 3rd session! Use it once, or every time! Gates open at 5:30pm, racing at 6:30pm. AND... if the car count is good, with the holiday Thursday, we may extend well past 11pm!

Saturday, July 6 - Regular racing, points day #5 in the PRP/Super Summit Series. Gates open 11am, Teen Championship Racing starts at noon, follwed by junior dragtsers. Big car time trials start at 3pm

DRR Trophy
Picture of HR1140
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
quote:

Let me show you my shocked face Eyes

Will never give up the stick. Too much fun.

Let me clerify:
-Daily driver with fragile driveline, worn out clutch, and not set up to race= no fun.

-Racecar/street car with a high winding small block, clutchless 4-5sp. and wheels up 9k launches= Big Grin

Posts: 25 | Location: Homer City Pa. | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Where do you go to get your trailers serviced or inspected?

Posts: 6 | Location: Outside looking in | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Jones RV and Trailer Sales Eighty Four, PA (724) 225-8876

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me clerify:
-Racecar/street car with a high winding small block, clutchless 4-5sp. and wheels up 9k launches= Big Grin

Now that sounds like fun Cool

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Jones RV and Trailer Sales Eighty Four, PA (724) 225-8876

Mark knows, x2 for Jones RV

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
your racing surface was GREAT yesterday.i had fun! Wave

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's that time of year again, for the World Footbrake Challenge. Bob Deniker, Mark Romeo, Rick Clay, Nick Bowman, Tim Bowman, Matt Obertanec and I will all be there from PRP, plus some of the folks we see throughout the season, Jeff Stewart, Bubba Black, Steve Obertanec, Randy Biddle Jr, Nick Hastings, Jose Diaz, Michael Beard, etc. A ton of great racing all weekend long, and there will be live timing for it.

http://motormaniatv.com/?page_id=529 will get you to the Live Feed.

Thanks to Plattinum Products and Steve Schmidt Competition Engines, Mark Walter and the fine folks at DragStory.com will be bringing the WFC viewers something special this weekend.

We will have the 4 camera angle live feed that on line viewers have come to know and love. The WFC racers will be able to show their talents to the world via this awesome coverage and if you're watching on line, you'll get to see Footbrake racing like you've never seen it before. The WFC is a great event because of who's in it. We're very excited about the crowd coming to Bristol and we're even more excited that people will get a great view of just how much fun this event is.

Be sure to tune in and chat with our announcer, Jim Gleason. I'll also be on the mic some so say hello to me as well and Shabs will take some time calling the action too so be sure not to leave him out. On top of all of us, I'm sure a guest announcer or 2 will be in the booth (Chuck T) so make everyone feel welcome. Enjoy the coverage!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
hey guys, anyone know how the track survived after the monstrous downpours from last night and early this morning? that was some serious rain, looks like a lot of areas around the 'burgh received some major flood damage, hope the track fared a bit better!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looks like most of the damage was in the South Hills, and west/northwest in Beaver and Lawrence counties.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mike Carr
posted Hide Post
I live in southwest Lawrence County, near the Ohio line (Enon Valley/Bessemer). We had a confirmed tornado a few miles northeast of me (near New Castle) and another a few miles southwest of me (Enon Valley and over near the OH line by Petersburg). Not a fun late afternoon at all. Thankfully no injuries that I have heard of, other than a few barns and stuff.

Mike Carr
Tri-State Stock/Stock Association President
Retired Stock/bracket racer
Facebook/Twitter: buffdaddy1302

Posts: 59 | Location: Enon Valley PA | Registered: September 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Mark Romeo, winning $3k at the Thursday night gamblers race at the World Footbrake Challenge last night!!

The Happy Gilmore check...

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
very cool Mark!
good luck to the rest of you guys

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post