DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yea Matt but there wasn't much room on either side of that race. The track went away for 2 rounds and I dialed up for it and my car needs a new set of brakes or driver not sure which. I pretty much expected to be dumped on but didn't react quick enough. The same thing got me on sunday when I was starting to feel the tree. I might have to come to PRP for some revenge! Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yes sir it was pretty tight...i really hope you do come out to prp. we are having a race friday night and saturday points day.

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ah, gotcha now Clint. I only knew how Schmuckie did, didn't know who he was lined up against. Sounds like you guys had a good round.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a decent tire shop close to the track that can swap front runners on a set of 3.5 x 15" welds, on Thursday or Friday in the afternoon?

thanks

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Beaver tire should be able to take care of it. If you leave PRP go to New Alex Sheetz turnaround and head back towards the track, they are on the right hand side right after that bar can't remember the name of it but tough to miss.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Cheaters. I mean, um, I don't remember the name of that bar either

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
yeah...never been there...except maybe this one time...

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you missed last night's broadcast the latest episode is now on our website. OT360 season 2 episode 12
Or go to Openthrottle360.com and click on the "watch the show" tab.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mike has gone to that Beaver Tire. They worked pretty quick too, since he brought the wheels and tires in, and they didn't need to put the car on the lift.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
All I hear are crickets chirping. Does anyone know if they got in the import wars?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Import wars? Don't know where I got that

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Looks like they did. Couple winners pics up on site. I'd like to know what kinda turnout that had?

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Tony Mary Lou just showed me some Facebook pics from out there it seemed like a descent turn out and actually some spectators !

It looked like the weather may have missed them .

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HUYAracingpix
posted Hide Post
We did get some rain around 3pm, only lasted about 20 minutes though and the sun came back out. I don't know how true it is, but according to the guy that was running the import show, between racers, show entries, and spectators, there were around 4000 people at the track today...but I don't know if that's confirmed or not.

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Good, I'm glad. That place has been plagued with rain.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
4000 people? If that's accurate, Id' definitely call that a success. Would anyone else?

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
4000 people? If that's accurate, Id' definitely call that a success. Would anyone else?

If true. I'd say a big yes. Kinda thing the track needs more often.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ed Galanda,

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of HUYAracingpix
posted Hide Post
The stands were pretty full, the pavilion was packed, and there were a good bit of people lined up along the fence the whole way down to Brank's pit. I got a few good shots of the crowd, I'll have them up on the site within the next couple of days...

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HUYAracingpix:
The stands were pretty full, the pavilion was packed, and there were a good bit of people lined up along the fence the whole way down to Brank's pit. I got a few good shots of the crowd, I'll have them up on the site within the next couple of days...

cool, thanks

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
The pictures don't show really how packed the place was. Between the car show entries, stereo, and race cars around 200 entries is a good guess but the spectators was close to 2000. The line to get in was 2 lanes wide to the back gate for almost 3 hours backed up to almost rt 22.. The car show has a huge following. They used the Bike and Jr staging lanes for the car show entries and it was packed. they had cars at all angles getting them to fit from the fence to the winners lanes. It was just crazy packed. It looked like a night under fire event with that many spectators. The burnout contest went till someone burned the back tires off down to the rims. The stands were packed and they cheered when someone went really fast and they cheered when someone broke.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post