DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
You have a PM

Posts: 6 | Location: Outside looking in | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Received, backatcha

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Looks at sky, looks at the wet **** falling Hum

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Don't know about yinz guys, but I'm ready for a dry month or two.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just a question, and there is probably a good answer for it.

On a Saturday rainout, why doesn't the next day, Sunday, become an automatic default day to make up the Saturday racing? From a business standpoint, I would think it would make more sense than to let the place sit empty.

Just wondering.

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
PRP tried that around '05, '6, I believe. The problem is, you get a greatly reduced car count, as people usually make plans for Sunday. Scheduling the make up days, like this season, seems to be the best way to go, so racers know when there is a race day, versus when there might be a race day.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If that is the reason, I accept it, and respect the decision.

But, it seems to me that is a business. One can't make any money with the doors locked. It would seem to me that the points guys would be there when it's open.

I was just wondering.

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that's accurate.

I agree with you, and I'm willing to bet Greg would agree with you. But, I see it as PRP is no different than any other business... people will build their own schedule around what is convenient for them, and make plans for when they are sure a business is open. Clem's isn't open on Mondays. If they opened this coming Monday with a day's notice, I doubt they would do much business compared to their normal weekdays. Ok, that might be a bad example... it's Clem's, after all. Big Grin After that, you could get into the issues married folks may have with a semi-open race schedule, instead of a set schedule, list goes on...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Speaking for myself, if PRP would decide to do something like that I absolutely would NOT sign up for points. I'm not going to keep every Sunday open just for the possibility of rain Saturday. If they would do something like that I would save my money from racing weekly and spend it on traveling to some big money races once a month or so. I love points racing but I'm not gonna marry the track every weekend.

If they only had about 9 points weekends I might consider it but with as many points days we have now, no way. What do we have like 17 or so?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think reserving the last sunday of the month for makeup day for any rainouts that month wouldn't be bad but to say sunday after each points race is a potential make up is just wrong.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
From the PRP site:

There can be no argument that the weather has had an effect on this season's drag racing schedule at Pittsburgh Raceway Park, washing away numerous test and tune and bracket races. In an effort to inject some positive momentum into the remaining points days in the PRP/Super Summit Series, Hard Metal Tooling, sponsor of the Modified class, is adding money to the winner's purse. The entry fee for the class remains the same, but, thanks to Jim and Andy Conrath from Hard Metal Tooling, Modified will pay the winner $1000 for the last 7 points days. "We would like to give back to the class, and show a return of support, for all the support given thus far this season," said Jim and Andy.

Sponsors are integral to all aspects of drag racing, from individual racers sponsors that help get cars built and in the gates, to the track sponsors that help those gates open. Sponsors help provide everyone - the racers with payouts, fans with events, and both with a great racing surface and facility - the drag racing experience at Pittsburgh Raceway Park that we all enjoy. Please support those who are supporting us: if you see one of our awesome sponsors while you're at the track, or in your day to day travels, take a minute to say thank you. And, stay tuned…. again, thanks to our sponsor partners, there is more exciting news to come!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Awesome. What was the regular payout, Chuck?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Didn't mean to get everyone riled up, I was just asking a question. For my own curiosity, more than anything else.

I spoke to staff last night at test & tune, and appreciate it. They actually seeked me out to talk to me....very nice of them, and thoughtful, and I appreciate it. They didn't owe me that, but, it is appreciated. Kudos to Greg and the guys (and gals), they work hard and deserve nothing but the best in business results. But, the old businessman in me was concerned that any business is hard pressed to survive if it's not operating.

Now, I'm old and decrepid, and stuck in the nostalgia thing. But, as we discussed, it's a different world now. Back in the day, Keystone ran Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, and most of us lived there, we were there everytime the gates opened. I realize that with the cost and the extra demands on folks time that is probably not a realistic scenario these days. Greg is doing a good job in working around that...and is to be commended.

So, my purpose was not to get everyone's panties in a wad. I was just wondering. So, don't everyone get all excited. I just must be getting old and senile...at least Kyle tells me that all the time....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tony, $800.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Steve my panties weren't in a wad though being you are reading text and can be taken that way i guess. I was just giving my opinion. I think the same things gets brought up every year. I understand what you mean about opening the gates but it was already proven that Sundays are very light days and are usually a loss for the track or break even. As a businessman, I would think that would be bad business. If the track had no over head, sure open 7 days a week you'll be sure to make a few bucks. Unfortunately that is not the case.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hat's off to Greg Miller and the crew and overall operation at the Test and tune last night. Track prep was good to go, even after the 1/8th mile and the program went very smoothly.

John

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
DA SUN! DA SUN! Car

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Big Thumbs up to whomever made the decision to open up another ticket booth at the entrance, and to the people who are doing a good job at getting people in the gates quickly of late.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of adn406
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see the points results this week. I actually went 4 rounds with out having to buy back. I may be up from number 23 to number 20?? seems like i can do a better job judging the stripe at the slower 1/8 mile speeds.

Posts: 16 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Great job saturday of waiting out the rain,im not a big 1/8 mile fan but racing is racing lol.even though i sucked on saturday it was fun watching mike b going rounds with my charger,hats off to greg and the crew for getting it done

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post