DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
def. hoping to see a little better. been bit a few times like that.
ryan really wanted a dragster, but i dont have a trailer for one, so this was the next best thing . he starts testing next oct. once he gets his drivers license. turns 16 april 2 but cant drive it till he has an actual drivers license, not a permit.
i kept my motor, which i know how that little bbc runs Wink , and also kept my STL trans brake trigger.
one nice thing is now i wont always be the slower car and get to cross over a little more this year.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Looks like Top Fuel is coming to PRP!

http://www.nitrojam.com/News/2013/01/16/1/

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Are you sure they're not talking about A-fuel? Because it says Top Fuel is returning. Top Fuel was never there.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i think IHRA didnt have top fuel for a while.
they did have pro fuel (non blown) at prp, but it looks like they got top fuel back

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
ryan really wanted a dragster, but i dont have a trailer for one, so this was the next best thing . he starts testing next oct. once he gets his drivers license. turns 16 april 2 but cant drive it till he has an actual drivers license, not a permit.
i kept my motor, which i know how that little bbc runs Wink , and also kept my STL trans brake trigger.
one nice thing is now i wont always be the slower car and get to cross over a little more this year.

Jeff why did you sell the camero I really liked that car?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing IHRA means Top Fuel is returning to IHRA. The A fuelers/Pro Fuel (somewhere, I think Dan is shaking his fist at all the A fuelers in TAD Big Grin ) are cool, and I enjoy them, but there is nothing like the blown nitro rides.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I agree. See you next weekend.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Anyone need any coating done?

I won $300 Nitro Plate gift certificates in the Cars Protection Plus Million (on-line entry), and really don't have anything that needs coated.

.....would trade for some fox body parts (8.8 parts, hood, / front facia)

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:

Jeff why did you sell the camero I really liked that car?

i really liked the camaro too, but ryan wanted an open car, he wanted a dragster crying
but with no trailer to haul a dragster, i told him a left steer roadster is the next option.
i can tell you , it was def. hard to see out of the camaro, even with side mirrors there was blind spots.
the motor out of the camaro will be going into the roadster. and still on E85

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeff who's money is it that is funding his racing? Hum Just kidding and you can tell him they are about to ban dragsters anyhow. Eyes

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

my wallet funds the racing. but when it comes to your kids, you would do just about anything to make them happy.
the roadster wont be red when race season starts. it will be painted black cherry metalic.
i was pushing for sour apple pearl, but lost that battle too Wink

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If I knew you were shopping for a different car I know somebody with a monza for sale that I bet he would of liked to drive. Wink It is still for sale so maybe you can change his mind. Big Grin
Good luck with the new ride.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we already had a really good door car.
just wanted something that was easier to see out of at the finish line and a little faster than the camaro was.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well the monza is easier to see out of and a little faster than the camaro plus had a roof so you didn't have to worry about getting caught in the rain. Plus it would have made it look like you got a bigger trailer. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
lmao,
the roadster has a 109" wb but no where as near as much body hanging over the wheels as the camaro did.
trust me, it looks tiny on my 19' deck
heck he wouldnt even let me even concider an altered or a broggie. he said there was no way he was gonna put his stones over a driveshaft "EVER" Rolling

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeff you missed your chance to buy a car and not have to worry about getting bumped out by the kid! Should bought a broogie. Wink
Monza is only 96" wheel base and would look like a golf cart on that trailer.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i have a dragster for sale and enclosed trl.turn key complete operation!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
When DON'T you have your dragster for sale?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
always for sale.you got a problem wit dat?
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
When DON'T you have your dragster for sale?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Nope. Peace and love, peace and love.