DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
let me try...

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
looks like a old Cadillac maybe?

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Hub cap off a 75-77 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks ed

Posts: 36 | Location: City of Champions | Registered: June 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
info from the PRP site on the 64 car shootout July 12, open to all:

American Race Cars dragster shootout at the Pro Am July 12!
07-02-2014

The Summit Pro-Am Tour, presented by Amsoil, returns to Pittsburgh Raceway Park July 11-13, for both Division 1 Patriots and Division 3 North Stars. In addition to all the great Pro-Am racing on Saturday, July 12, after the completion of the all the Pro-Am classes, there will be a 64 car shootout to win a Stage I American Race Cars dragster! Entry fee is $225, winner receives the dragster (details below), runner up $1000, semis $500. Contact Greg Miller - miller@pittsburghracewaypark.com - to preenter.

Wheel base 235”
4130 Chromoly Chassis
Chassis built to SFI 2.3 Specifications
Custom fiberglass seat
Custom seat pad
Fuel cell with custom filler neck
SPE spindles
Knee cover
Custom Adjustable pedals with stops
Fiberglass nose
1 ¼” x .095 4130 Swing arm
Polished aluminum steering wheel
Rack & Pinion Assembly
Complete Grade 8 hardware
AFCO Double Adjustable Monoshock
Lexan Windshield
All Aluminum body
Moser Fabricated M-9 Rear End housing
Custom dash with all cut outs
6061T6 Aluminum Motor Plates
CNC Drivers Protection Plate
Complete Steering with Rod Ends
Seat Belt Hooks
4130 Chromoly Swing Arm Rod Ends
Dual Battery Tray
Helmet tab
Cable Holes in Chassis
Multiple Battery Ground Tabs

MOUNTS SUPPLIED FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Master Cylinder
Fuel Pump
Brake Lines
Remote Water Pump
Charging Lugs
Parachute
Radiator
Seat Belts
Shifter
Weight Bars
Rear On/Off Switch
Driver Compartment On/Off Switch

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
A long-time Pittsburgh Raceway supporter and Keystone Raceway Park competitor, Charles "Al" Deibler, is experiencing serious health complications and is in VA Hospice Care in Pittsburgh, PA. Al has many friends at the racetrack and I am sure he would like to hear from them one more time. Please keep Al in your thoughts.
Dominic Surace

From Al's neice:
The VA in Aspinwall is a beautiful facility and veterans are respected and appreciated. He knew us and talked a bit, but he is also a little confused. He receives breathing treatments four times daily and is being kept comfortable. He eats and drinks as he wishes.

Many thanks to you who have visited him. The address there is 1010 Delafield Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15215, if you'd like to send a card or visit. He is in Building 51/Community Living Center on the VA campus. Visiting hours are 8 a.m.--9 p.m., and he is in Room 113 on the 3A wing on third floor.

Please pray for Uncle Al's comfort and God's will. Please also share this with others who would like to know how he is.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Weather permitting Racers for Rescues will be collecting for South Hills Pet Resort at the Div 1/3 Pro Am at PRP on the weekend of July 11th-13th. Please throw a bag of dog food, treats, toys, towels or blankets in your truck or trailer for the trip. Anything is appreciated for our four legged friends. Thanks and good luck at the races folks Smile

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Cool thing you're doing E. If I come to the Pro Am, I'll def bring some stuff

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Eric, does the South Hills Pet Resort collect this stuff for a rescue?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
They are a rescue Tony...we will be collecting for them Smile

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For the pro-am races this weekend...can anyone race or do you have to be a member of something? This is the first year I've been free on that weekend.

Also, if anyone can race, what is the schedule/buy in costs? Same price/3pm start as a regular day? I'll appologize now if this is a dumb question.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's a dumb question at all, or any apologies needed. The first time Pro Am ran at PRP, it was confusing to me.

You have to fit into one of the Pro Am classes. This link describes them:
http://www.ihra.com/pro-am-tour-home

If you do fit in, then you have to join IHRA and get a license in that class. I believe you can do that at the event, but I would check with IHRA on that.

The event schedule is on this link:
http://www.ihra.com/images/2014/PRO-AM_ADS/Pitts.pdf

It's good racing to watch. My personal favorites are Stock and Super Stock, a lot of classic American iron, many of them pulling up the wheels real nice. The Rod/.90 classes take some getting used to as a spectator, with the throttle stops kicking in right after the launch.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Chuck...don't think my car will pass tech for any of the classes but I may still come out to watch.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Any time. Probably the easiest class to fit into would be Hot Rod/10.90 index, but if you've never played with a throttle stop and/or a .500 pro tree, you'd be at a huge disadvantage going in without experience. Stock and Super Stock have a lot of rules around what can be used on the car. The indexes, accepted pistons, cylinder head volumes, and fuels are on this link:
http://www.ihra.com/competition/class-racing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ruby Younker posted on the PRP FB page that there will be an estate sale that includes Shelby's cars:

Estate Sale home of Shelby Younker 266 Jinks Trail Ligonier Pa. 1988 Dodge Shadow race car, 1982 AMC Sprit race car, Big Tek trailer with wrench tool box and electric hitch, 1999 Dodge Ram Truck with cap, and trailer hitch, 1995 Chevy Blazer, lots of craftsman tools and tool boxes, log spliter, guns 1968 tractor with plow and mower deck. cub cadet tractor with mower deck. lots of racing parts, furniture, household items to much to list. Contact Gyda at 412-558-4992. Sale is 07/26 and 07/27 from 8:00 to 4:00 both days. (The race cars are available now, contact Gyda)

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Article from Agent 1320,

Indiana track operator closes oval track and dragstrip after Internet harassment
We all should have learned that actions have consequences. This example is just a shame.

In the ‘They brought it on themselves” department, the Agent sees where unlimited racers’ comments on the Internet have escalated to unbelievable actions, resulting in a track owner calling it quits.

Baer Field in Ft. Wayne, Ind., has been a fixture in oval track and drag racing for over two decades. This year things got pretty nasty as you can read in this article fwrace.com/StockCars/races-cancelled-for-july-4-weekend. [07/11/14]

Posts: 177 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Bill, I didn't read the article, but I got the gist of it from your post.

Here's my take. The owner probably is a goof. He has to be. For him to run or in this case, not run his business the way he deems necessary, but based on internet trolls' opinions, makes him a bad business man.

Who in their right mind is going to read, take offense to, an then close their business because of what is written on the internet. It sounds like the racers AND the owner are to blame for this fiasco.

I know that it's hard to not get caught up in the internet drama, but it can be done. Just ask the Baders.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Laughing Rolling

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
There's drama on the internet????
Eyes

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
http://www.dragraceresults.com...02014%20WFC%20WC.jpg

wow congrats to Matt Obertanec for getting it done!

Also heard that Mason Gross a junior racer who used to race with us won the big junior race at I64 Motorplex in Owingsville Ky over the weekend.
congrats

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post