DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
I SEE THAT THE NITRO JAM AND THE PRO AM ARE THE SAME WEEKEND! I ASSUME NO RACING FOR NON IHRA CLASS CARS/NITRO JAM CLASS RACERS LIKE MYSELF ALL WEEKEND? TRYING TO GET A SCHEDULE TOGETHER FOR THE GAPS IN THE SEASON!!!

ATTENTION FOOTBRAKERS!!! MAPLE GROVE RACEWAY APRIL 21-22 has a 2 day FOOTBRAKE ONLY $10k to win per day for only $180 pre entry (by april 13th)
should be a great race to kick off 2012
Flyer: http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/blog/?page_id=7361

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red or Dead MOPAR:
I SEE THAT THE NITRO JAM AND THE PRO AM ARE THE SAME WEEKEND! I ASSUME NO RACING FOR NON IHRA CLASS CARS/NITRO JAM CLASS RACERS LIKE MYSELF ALL WEEKEND? TRYING TO GET A SCHEDULE TOGETHER FOR THE GAPS IN THE SEASON!!!

You and Brewer should hitch a ride With Jordan Hasse to MIR and take turns on his KZ650 for the weekend :carH

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nick more then likely Im in. It has to be a lot less then the WFC. I had over a $1000 in going to the WFC and just cant justify it right now, though it is an awesome race to go to. This is closer, not on a points weekend, lower temps, and a better tow. The last few years I made the trip to M-D but looks like Ill be heading to Maple Grove

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I should be down for this, at least to pit beotch, if not race.

8 days to the tree race!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
kewl guys! it looks to be a really good one.

Any one have any info on nitro jam/pro am still just wondering if there is any racing for non pro am racers on any of the days... or is it pro am and nitro jam only

Nick Bowman
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I thought I saw somewhere the Nitro Jam is Pro Am and Nitro Jam only, nothing for the local racers who don't fit into a Rod, Top S/D, Stock, or Super Stock. Can't find it now. But, with this being a Pro Am claim for 2 divisions, I don't think they'd be able to fit us in. Should be a great show with all those cars, good weekend to watch.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
If you look in this last issue of the DRM magazine, the PRP Nitro Jam is listed as not having an ET class, so I would guess there is nothing.

I doubt I will make the MG trip, heard those races have been a cluster in the past. They screwed Jason Weaver there a few years ago pretty bad when he was down to a few cars left with 2 entries.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mark do you know what they did? The rules seem to be pretty much straight forward on the flyer. I wonder if they have improved it since then.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I can't remember exactly I will text him and find out.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Jason told me they wouldn't give him time to fuel or check tires he and another guy were doubled and they were unwilling to slow down. He smoked a tranny and starter. But they had no problem taking his money for double entry.

He did just text me and said they have changed things and have a racer (Andy Anderson) helping to organize things.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
There were alot of unhappy people that year but I believe some racers got involved and helped make some changes. Although I am reluctant to go back after how I was treated and talked to by officials at that particular race....but for those interested in going ...like I've said I believe they made major adjustments to the race.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I did see on the flyer that you only have 10 mintues from the time your slip says till the next time you run when the race gets down to a few cars. I almost never double because I dont want to burn the tranny up because I run a OD trnny and its like a grand to get freshened up now that my buddy Tom Jones is no longer with us. I have never been there so I may give this race a try to see how it goes. Thanks for the heads-up

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to Beth Boyd and Mark Romeo!
Party

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to both!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we will see how it goes, im giving it a shot. hoping to have some gears in the car by then!

Nick Bowman
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to PRP's Rich Coury Jr, going all the way down to Immokalee FL, for the Pro Am, and takes the Iron Man in Top Dragster Saturday! Nice way to start the year!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thats sick, hopefully one day someone puts me in a digger, i doubt ill ever buy one but id sure enter a race for one if they ever had a NO BOX RACE FOR A DRAGSTER, INSTEAD OF A (BOX)DRAGSTER RACE FOR A DRAGSTER...doesnt make any sense to me...

Nick Bowman
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
great job rich !!!

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sponsors are still hopping on! AJ, Mark, and I are happy to announce 2 brand new sponsors, the first is M&M Parts and Leather, 6041 Route 30 Greensburg, on the web at http://www.mmleatheronline.com/ . M&M offers motorcycle parts, apparel, boots, leathers, and Carhartt gear, and they're donating a $25 gift card for the chinese auction.

The second new sponsor is http://www.ostdyno.com/ of Portsville, putting up the winner's choice of one hour of free chassis dyno time, or $100 off of dyno tuning services, via the chinese auction. Tuning is what OST does, either on the dyno, or with their software and diagnostic equipment.

Thanks to both M&M Parts and Leather and OST for their support!

5th Annual Steel City Practice Tree Shootout

The link above is updated with all the menu and sponsor information, and just about updated with the entry list (missing from the list is Phil Hurst, and Shawn & Tom Wagner). 3 days away! It's looking like a cold winter day, so what better way to spend it than warming up with friends, food, and some competition?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck T. i ran into Orie Gallo shipping at my work today i mentioned the practice tree to him he said they knew nothing about it, i gave him a run through on things for the day he said he and Kathy will most likely make an appearance.

Nick Bowman
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"