DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow Nick thats hard to beleive that someone had not heard about the practice tree race. Chuck has been Pimpin this this thing hard for a good cause.

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That's cool, Nick, thanks for giving them the info! I hope they do make it.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
1 day away! A little bit of snow is not going to stop us!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
haha so many ppl stocking up at shop n save for our whopping 2 inches expected over the next 2 days, Milk n toilet paper haha funny...

DID ANYONE SEE MIA'S ARTICLE ON DRR ?
Her new dragster is NASTTTTTYYYYYY!
Girls living the dream, She is exactly were i wanna be, on a team racing everywere...A new way of life. Something that will most likely never happen to me but ill def never give up. Bracket Racing 4 LIFE!

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I read the article also. Nice article, I wisj them luck in the series. I am jealous also. Its a dream and I know it will never happen for me but as long as I still have PRP and it keeps moving forward Im happy.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
OMG what did i miss???? please tell me the practice tree race is not over! where is it what time is it?? poptarts for everybody! even you, nick! see you there! when is it? can i bring beer? will there be kids present?

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
come on already. suspense is killin me. who won.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
hey guys and gals, sorry me and the girl couldn't make the practice tree race, we were so planning on coming... but i ended up getting abdominal hernia surgery on wednesday and only just got home tonight... hope everyone had a great time, and ate great food (i had 'clear' meals for 3 days... blech)... i was at least on my practice tree app on my celly in the hospital... best i could muster was a .005... my girlfriend spanks me on it, i need more hospital time maybe? no, bad idea... ha.. anyway, i rushed into a quick surgery so that i can be ready for the season in the spring, gonna be a 3 month recovery before i can sling my jack around yet... good timing i guess, but not for the practice tree race...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
my girlfriend spanks me on it,

That's what she said

Sorry, I just couldn't let that one get away.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Not sure who won i rolled out early, couldnt get past second round with all the double o and triple o lights against me haha... and i rarely changed roll out i told myself i wouldn't mess with it if i was alittle later than i wanted because as soon as you change it your going 1 thou red or something. Had a couple soft moments but for the most part my teen bulbs, occasional double 0's, and 2 triple 0's in elimination hits i was happy with, just alittle shy on the luck. BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP WAS GOOD THOUGH I CAN TELL YOU THAT!!! THanks to AJ, CHUCK T. & Gang for everything again, and thanks to all who brought food and to the sponsors! i love my vTREEPRO 2.0 Program already!!!

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
my girlfriend spanks me on it,

That's what she said

Sorry, I just couldn't let that one get away.

hahaha... didn't realize i set myself up on that one... i told my girl she has to wear a dominatrix outfit when she's my back-up girl now... haha

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i cant figure it out i was just setting around playing with my practice tree, had some teen lights some 0 light some 00 lights and every once an while 00000 lights then bang 065 what just happen,then it starts all over again .0-.00-.000000 bang 065 what just happen O well i give up

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was a cold, snowy day but the competition was fierce inside the New Alexandria Fire Hall. The 5th annual Steel City Practice presented by Pittsburgh Raceway Park was in full swing. Over 70 competitors made their way through the door to stake their claim at the over 2000 in prize money and the many door prizes from our great sponsors. Competitors came from a distance, some from Salem, OH others from the neighbor to east, NJ and many from close to home, Pittsburgh. The day started off by randomly handing out t-shirts donated by Bob George Racing as competitors walked through the doors. All of the door prizes were set up to place ticket in the bucket next to them for a chance to be drawn for the prize. There was a demo of the Victory 1 performance PC based practice tree software. This allows you to use your existing computer to practice on the tree with a USB interface for the buttons. This is a great was to hone your skill on the tree at a fraction of the cost of a standalone practice tree. There were also 10 prize packs raffled off containing the vTreePro 2.0 software and 25% off coupon for accessories. There were two dyno sessions being raffled off, one from Rodeheavers Performance in McClellandtown, PA and the other from OST dyno. M&M leather donated a $25 gift certificate and there were miscellaneous items from PRP, NAPA and Bob George racing.
The little race started out with nearly 100 entries, after several grueling rounds it came down to 2 locals and two out-of-towners. The final 4 consisted of Scotty ‘Superman’ Campbell, Rich Penn, JP ‘World Champ’ Schuster and Bob Randolph from Faze II Performance.
JP fell to Bob and Rich fell to Scotty pitting local young gun against the elder wily out-of-towner. JP and Rich received Advance Auto Gift cards courtesy of Bowman performance. It was a killer final with it coming down to the last hit where Bob from Faze II performance pulled out the kryptonite and superman fell to his knees. Bob Randolph took home the little race victory and quickly became the favorite to take home the title in the big race. I cant say for sure but watching Bob’s hits on the tree his average had to be better than .007. Scotty took home a cool $100 and Bob a sweet $225 along with a copy of the vTreePro software and a switch of his choice.
The Big race set out to be a killer event. ChuckT made the announcement before the first hit was ever made that this race would pay a cool $1000 to the winner. This perked up the room. The 68 entries in the race would take their shot at the big prize. When it was down to the nitty gritty there were 6 competitors left. Rich ‘The Thumb’ Penn, Scotty ‘Superman’ Campbell, Russ ‘Sugar Daddy’ Benish, Kevin ‘New Daddy Again’ Romeo, Jim ‘Button Head’ Young and Rick ‘B Singers Babysitters’ Pearson. This would set up to be a great final 6. Robbie ‘I got a purse calculator in my head’ Berschnider helped with split. When the swinging was done we had Scotty ‘Superman’ Campbell making his second final round appearance facing Russ ‘Sugar Daddy’ Benish. Once again it came down to the last hit and the kryptonite struck again. The Sugar Daddy took home the win and a prize pack from Victory 1 performance consisting of vTreePro 2.0 software and choice of 2 switches.
What a day it was in the hall. Thank you to all of our sponsors:
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Bob George Racing
Bowman Performance
Cadamore Racing
Victory 1 Performance
OST Dyno
Rodeheaver’s
NAPA of Greensburgh
M&M Leather
Jim Young Calendars
Scotty Richardsons Drag Racing School
Phase II Performance

We thank all of you for your help with the event. Without you we could not reward the participants the way we do. With your help we able to reward over 50 participants with a prize.
Thank you to all of the participants without you we could not make this event happen. The crowd grows every year and the family atmosphere is unbelievable. Jim Young said it best as he came in to the event. Jim told me when asked why he was traveling to Pittsburgh he said, “To visit family”. That sums it up. That is the reason we continue to come back and are all involved in this sport.
The full list of winners:
Little Race:
Winner: Bob Randolph
RU: Scotty Cambell
Semi: JP Schuster, Rich Penn

Big Race:

Winner: Russ Benish
RU: Scotty Campbell
Semi: Rick Pearson

Cadamore Racing Bounty
Scotty Campbell, JP Schuster, Matt Obertanic, Jim Young, Rich Penn, Mark Romeo, Rich Pearson

Bowman Performance – Advance Auto Gift Cards
Little Race Semis: JP Schuster, Rich Penn

Schooled by Scotty Classroom Entries
Drawn from the 1-4 round RU’s of each race.
Kara Jo Bowman, Jeff Hann

Victory 1 Performance
Perfect Light Ace: Bob Randolph (4 perfect lights during the Big Race)

Door Prizes:
M&M Parts and Leather gift card: Jordan Haase
OST Dyno: Frank Romeo
Rodeheaver’s Dyno Session: Eric Macciaroli
Bob George Racing
-HEMI Engine Model: Rick Z
-Super Bee Die Cast: Jim Gagnon
-Charger DieCast: Jacob Benish
-Cuda Diecast: Scotty Campbell
NAPA of Greensburg
-Car care bucket: Amy Romeo
-Ron Capps Funny Car: Julian
PRP Prize Packs: Shawn Matis, BJ Barger, Bob Randolph
Jim Young Calendars: Mike Barnyk, Matt Obertanic, Rick Pearson
Phase II Performance game chair: Markie Brewer
Victory 1 Performance vTreePro2.0: Shawn Matis, Matt Obertanic, Mike Dorell, Don Matis, Rob Morris, Nick Bowman, Evan Sansenburger, Jeremy Sampson, Jim Penrod

Thanks again to everyone.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
We'll never understand Mother Nature... mildest winter in my lifetime, and on the day of the event, she wants to get beotchy. Weather kept at least 2 dozen folks away. We just wanted to say thanks again to all the sponsors for what they do for us. Please support those who are supporting us.

Pittsburgh Raceway Park - www.pittsburghracewaypark.com
All Around Transportation/Limo Services LLC - http://bookyourlimotoday.com/index.html
ASAP Performance, Allison Park, PA - http://asapbyed.com/
Bob George Racing
Bowman Performance - http://bowmanperformance.com/
Cadamore Racing
Victory 1 Performance - www.victory1performance.com
OST Dyno - http://www.ostdyno.com/
Rodeheaver’s www.rodeheavershotrod.com/
NAPA of Greensburg
M&M Leather and Parts - http://www.mmleatheronline.com/
Jim Young Calendars
Scotty Richardsons Drag Racing School - www.schooledbyscotty.com and www.grassrootsbracketseries.com
RJ's Heating & Cooling - http://www.rjsheatingandcooling.com/
Faze II Performance

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Most importantly, through the 50-50 drawing and participant generosity, we raised $175 for the Thinking Of Nikki Foundation.

Please visit www.thinkingofnikki.com or look for Thinking Of Nikki on Facebook.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
LOL Nick, that was Carrie Penn's buffalo chicken dip... why do you think we insist Rich pit with us??? Big Grin In addition to him being a great friend, of course! Big Grin For the second year in a row, all I got of the chicken dip was 1 chip's worth, of what I could scrape off the bottom! But, on the plus side, I have Kimmy's veggie pizza for lunch today. Great to hear you're liking the Victory 1 Performance software. I think they're making some neat stuff, very cost effective way to get into a practice tree.

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Chuck why you think im trying to get her to race the charger,well be fed well every week for sure lol.Thanks all had a great time at the race,and Chuck she promises to make you your own batch i have no doubt you could polish it all off Ice Cream

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
8 weeks to opening day... anybody out there doing anything new, different? Same old heap for me, just hope I'm ready to knock the rust off come April 14.

DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Well gona fix my tranny as you know,retune it for hopefully consistent 11,s,gona run points in mod this year

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post