DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Bud Brank? I was wonderin if he would crew chief for me for the practice tree race. Thanks.

Posts: 9 | Location: smithton pa | Registered: December 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not going to happen!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
lol dont be making fun of my sandbags...they were cheaper than a cage..and clint..if they were filled with delay boxes...i guarantee my lights would not have been so bad all year lol

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My condolances to the Pantolone family

Tom Lang, good luck on your operation. Get better quick !

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Chuck, we were exhausted from the long day, left at 630am got there at 10am ended at 130AM got home at 5 am. LOL
I took Runner-Up in race #1 Top Bolb Gamblers got $400 on a split. Then down too 25 in race too. bad spell in the middle of the day then down to 8 in both shootouts...
Markie made it down to 15 in the main.
Marty Flegal won a ton of stuff along with Nick Hastings.

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Who won the WFC shootout?

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maverick87:
Does anyone know how to get ahold of Bud Brank? I was wonderin if he would crew chief for me for the practice tree race. Thanks.

i do.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow Nick, that was a long day! Congrats on bringing some $$ home. Marty is tough! He took our money east last year. Hopefully those guys will be back for this year, and we can get some revenge. Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, Mark, and I are excited to announce another brand new sponsor to the Steel City Practice Tree Shootout: www.schooledbyscotty.com and www.grassrootsbracketseries.com will be donating 2 classroom entries (valued at $150 each). The winners will be randomly drawn from the losers of rounds 1-4 in each of the bottom bulb races. Scotty Richardson's Drag Racing School will be at PRP September 6, and it aims to:

* Teach You The Basics
* Sharpen Your Skills
* Increase Your Focus On The Starting Line
* Teach You Finish Line Techniques In Race Conditions
* Help with Delay Box and Throttle Stop Settings
* Make You And Your Car More Consistent
* Get Your Competition License At No Extra Charge
* Teach You To WIN!!!
I want everyone to know that I have been very lucky and blessed with my success and with all of the relationships that I have had on and off of the track. I have raced for over 25 years and my goal is to do something no one else offers. I've been very fortunate to receive a lot from racing. I want to share all of the information that I have learned myself and from other racers at a very reasonable price for you. I promise and guarantee you that if you come to one of my schools, there won't be anything left on the table to learn.
Thanks again for the support - Scotty Richardson
====================================================
www.grassrootsbracketseries.com
The Grassroots Bracket Series was founded in 2010 by Scotty Richardson. The goal is to grow the sport of bracket racing, especially on the local level with the support of our marketing partners, the track management and the racers. The small, local dragstrips across America were the foundation, the grassroots so to say, of the sport of drag racing. Our events and marketing partners are focused on the local racers to keep drag racing affordable, vibrant and moving forward the best we can. I hope you will choose to support the Grassroots Bracket Series.

Thank you for your support and A BIG THANK YOU goes out the tracks that believe in what we are trying to do for the bracket racers. Without the tracks this can’t happen.
Scotty Richardson and Jok Nicholson- The Grassroots Bracket Series

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
bob mullaney (spelling?) and nick hastings split the entries in the final so they both get one free entry all weekend.

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, Mark, and I are happy to announce Bob Jones - www.jonesrv.com - and Jones Race Trailer Sales is returning as a sponsor, as is ASAP Performance, Allison Park, PA - http://asapbyed.com/ - 412-492-7454

Ma Brewer is making sloppy joes, Sonya has volunteered to make (almost) whatever we ask her to, so the menu is going to be quite a smorgasbord!

Thank you to all of our sponsors and cooks, and all who will be coming to race. You all are what makes this event happen!
not worthy

I'll be posting the entry list soon, but if you haven't confirmed on the FB event link, or sent us an email at steelcitydragrace at yahoo.com, we don't know you're coming, and we want to make sure we have enough food and drink for all.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who's bringing the beer?

Posts: 16 | Location: home | Registered: June 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dr. Jekyll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffo:
Who's bringing the beer?

do u not listen to Chuck ---- NO Beer! Kids will be present & I am the bouncer! I am smelling all breathe & if u smell like smoke u cant come in cause kids will be present

Posts: 15 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: July 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, Mark, and I are happy to announce that Dean Racing Engines is returning to sponsor the Bounty program! In rounds 1-4, we will pull at random a racer who will have a bounty on him/her. If the racer wins that round, they win the bounty ($10 little race, $15 big race). If they lose, their opponent takes the bounty!

In addition, Dean and Linda will be bringing the crowd favorite, Texas Lasagna!

Thank you, Dean and Linda Pollock, and Dean Racing Engines!

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
Attention: Bill Prest has just come aboard as a sponsor for our practice tree race. You can now earn a seat in the Prest Drag Racing Destruction class if you win our race. Remember, drugs and alcohol will be present.

Tony, we still need more sponsors.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That actually made me chuckle outloud

I'll work on getting some sponsors

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
IHRA announced some great news for the jr program.

quote:
Beginning at the local level, Junior Dragster racers will compete at their local participating track throughout the year with a Summit SuperSeries track champion being named at the conclusion of the racing season. From there the Junior Dragster track champions will move on to the Summit Team Finals where they will square off against other track champions in their Summit SuperSeries division for the right to advance to the Summit SuperSeries Junior Dragster World Championship. For tracks unable to compete in the Summit Team Finals, one track champion will be selected as a “Wild Card” out of a pool of tracks to complete the 16-car field.

At the IHRA World Finals the 16 Junior Dragster racers made up of all age groups will compete for the World Championship with the winner taking home a $6,000 savings bond courtesy of Summit Racing Equipment in addition to a prize package that includes a brand new Vic Puglia Junior Dragster with an engine courtesy of Steve Waller of Junior Specialties, an IHRA Gold Card, a World Champion Ironman and World Champion Diamond Ring. The runner-up will take home a $4,000 savings bond. All racers in attendance will be allotted $750 cash in tow money, pushing the total championship purse to $21,000

IHRA jr world championship

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, Mark, and I are happy to announce that Rodeheaver's Hot Rod and Auto Repair, McClellandtown, PA, has donated a very cool prize for the Chinese auction: a certificate for 3 pulls on their chassis dyno!
Check out www.rodeheavershotrod.com/ !!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been following along. When is the practice tree race, and where? Thanks.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
um that depends are you a drinker smoker or do drugs

quote:
Originally posted by JoeyB:
Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been following along. When is the practice tree race, and where? Thanks.