DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck - you are one wascally wabbit! I just saw the points update - way to go! bow I guess I will have to pay attention on Saturday!!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at, or trying to look at, pictures on PRP's site. Is there a way to open the album so that all the pictures(or some pictures) show on one page, and then just click to make a particular enlarged? Scrolling through and then waiting for each picture to load so that one can click the next picture is like being watreboarded.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Not that I've found, Tony. It is a tortuous process.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sr3175
posted Hide Post
Does PRP have a bulletin board or someplace to post a for sale item? If so, would one of you local racers post an ad for me ? I have a nice Brogie roadster for sale, pic on pg 9 of DRR photo gallery, halfway down pg. If anytone can help me, I'll give you all the info and maybe a pic if I can figure it out. Thanks Jim Wilson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sr3175,

Posts: 91 | Location: west virginia | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yes, tourtuous, that's the word. No need to fret though, I just talked to Carmen and he assured me that he is going to take care of this little thing for me personally. Thanks Carm.

Until then we should let the CIA and NSA use our gallery against al qaeda and the taliban. After trying to find a particular picture, I'm sure that they would give up the Jihad again us infidels.

Who needs Seal Team Six when you have PRP photo gallery.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Not complaining either. Just joking around.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Carm's anger management classes are paying off, apparently. Unless we find you next to Wilkins' plot on PRP Beach, Tony. Big Grin He is my wartime consigliere, after all.

Jim Wilson, no, PRP has no specific forum or classifieds. This thread is it. Maybe try posting in the DRR classifieds, Racing Junk, etc. Good luck.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of sr3175
posted Hide Post
OK. thanks alot. I just thought the track might have a board at the concession stand or office. I will post on DRR, or Racing Junk, etc as soon as I figure out the picture thing. Thanks Jim

Posts: 91 | Location: west virginia | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
People have posted at the track at the concession stand, tower, the bathrooms, etc.

For pics, I use photobucket.com. It's free, super easy to use, allows you to make albums, you can edit, resize, etc. Create an account, load the pics to your account, and for each pic, there is an IMG code. Copy that code and paste it into your DRR post.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You may have seen in the news the passing of Michael Jackson's manager Frank Deleo who was originally from Pittsburgh. I believe he was a cousin of the Tedesco brothers. I'd like to extend my condolences to the family.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Stuckey
posted Hide Post
Powerglide wanted
Hard to say, but hey guess its time for a glide!

Gonna put the glide in the Maverick, small block Ford. I have the bell from performance auto, but open to a package deal

Looking to see whats local first.

Thanks, Dave S 724 994 78one8

Posts: 57 | Location: French Creek WV | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the help last night.. Dad was so happy he said he needs to stay home every weekend! lol I told him I cant finish the Chicken Dinner without him!!
Congrats to Kevin Romeo who got the bigger piece! See you guys at the tens..
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I have a friend looking for a used 26 to 28 ft enclosed trailer if anyone has one.not looking for anything fance just basic trailer.thanks

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Carmen Tedesco Saturday night. He is considering adding an Outlaw Dragster class to the Ghost Gobblins and Gearheads event Sat Oct 8th. It would be run under the same rules as the Outlaw Pro Mod shows. Basically IHRA or NHRA safety rules and run what you brung as far as weight, engine, power adders etc. The entry and payout would be the same as the Pro Mods, 100 entry, 200 first round, 250 second round, 700 runner up, 1500 to win and 200 for low ET. Eight car field,.400 pro tree, pro ladder. Is anybody interested in running a race like this?

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Results Outlaw Pro Mods at Pittsburgh Raceway Park Aug 27, 2011
Round One Qualifying
1. Andy Jensen 4.2129 179.14
2. Dave Trapletti 4.2502 171.56
3. John Camp 4.2622 171.10
4. Kevin Bealko 4.3103 144.18
5. Jim Shuman 4.3999 162.98
6. Gene Nagy 4.8137 144.65
7. Dave Norris 5.2249 137.65
8. Pete Ignatovic 9.9311 43.96

Final Qualifying Order
1. Andy Jensen 4.0192 182.56
2. Dave Norris 4.1037 185.64
3. Kevin Bealko 4.1844 169.81
4. John Camp 4.1962 173.28
5. Dave Trapletti 4.2077 172.68
6. Ray Schuler 4.3633 167.35
7. Jim Shuman 4.3987 163.16
8. Gene Nagy 4.8121 144.69
9. Pete Ignatovic 9.9311 43.96

Eliminations Round One
W-Schuler .0302 4.0783 178.71
Bealko -.1163 4.1858 169.94 RL

W-Norris .0210 4.0928 184.12
Shuman .0187 4.3762 163.76

Trapletti .0786 4.2226 172.22
W-Camp .1063 4.1231 177.24

Nagy .0157 4.7467 145.77
W-Jensen .0352 4.0267 183.22
Eliminations Round Two
Camp-Broke
W-Jensen .0709 4.5897 120.32

Schuler-Broke
W-Norris .6423 4.0532 172.15

Final Round Eliminations
Norris -.1138 4.8561 108.33 RL
W-Jensen .0264 5.5472 98.34

Notes- This was the first time I can recall at PRP where every car stepped up in the second qualifying session. It was also the best first round of eliminations with three cars in the 4.0’s and a 4.12 from the four winners.

Andy Jensen has run well at PRP in the past, last year he was the first and only car in the three second zone, and he had three runner-ups but had never won before this race. His numbers in the semis and finals were not earth shattering, but they were good enough to earn his first win at Pittsburgh. Nice to see he and his crew get a little reward for their hard work and their constant support for the races at PRP.

There were actually 13 cars entered. Jamie McBride, Bobby Martin, Bob Schmidt and Tony Desiderato all broke in the shakedown session.

Pete Ignatovic broke the right axle in the second qualifier which sent him into, up and over the guardrail. While his car suffered some serious damage he was completely unhurt, other than a severe pain in his pocketbook.

John Camp and his team had to be pretty happy with their performance. The first full pass on their new car yielded a 4.26. They ran a 4.19 in the second qualifying session and a 4.12 in the first round. His crew chief Joe Martin told me they would have been happy with a couple solid 300 foot runs. They far exceeded that.

Ray Schuler suffered a fire in the semifinals when a solenoid sprung a leak and started a fire on the starting line. Thankfully no injuries.

The PRP Safety Crew did an outstanding job with the incidents that occured Saturday night. I would much rather see them sit around all night than have to work as hard as they did.

Dave Norris and his crew chief John Anderson also ran well on their way to their second straight runner-up at PRP. They ran some 4.0’s in testing leading up to the race. Anderson changed a couple things looking for more and it actually set them back. So they changed right back to what they had and got back into the 4.0s. John Anderson does a great job of running that team. I’ve had the chance to watch them between rounds a few times and no matter how much work they have to do it is very orderly and methodical. John goes to great lengths to get people on the same page as him not just so they know what he wants but why he wants it that way. He is also very patient with the younger guys to get them to think for themselves.

Jim Shuman and Gene Nagy are two of the most under powered cars in the field at each of the Pittsburgh races. Both knew they had their hands full in round one and both cut a great light, but in each case it wasn’t enough. But neither was going to give anything up on the starting line.

Next race in the series at Pittsburgh is October 8th as part of their Ghosts Goblins and Gearheads event.

There will be a full report on High Octane Racetalk on Cool 101.7 FM in Meadville Monday August 29th. The show runs from 6-8 PM eastern. I usually do the drag racing at seven o’clock. The call in line is 814-333-9011.
You can listen live online at: http://www.cool1017online.com/The show is archived at: http://www.msa-sports.com/
There will also be a report on Rappin’ on Racin’ Monday August 29th at 8:15 PM eastern. We recorded interviews with Andy Jensen, John Anderson and John Camp’s crewchief Joe Martin Jr. for use on Mondays show.
You can listen to the show on line at: http://www.speedwayproductions.biz/You can also reach the archives through that link.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats to all class winners and champions at prp.
there was a lot of nail biters going on yesterday,
now its time for team prp to kick some butt at the bracket finals.
was hoping to make it this year, but when my oil pressure dropped to 20 on the return road after the 2nd time run, i wasnt gonna risk it.
praying its just a collapsed filter Praying

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all of Saturday's Winners and the Bracket Final Qualifiers.We have some really talented racers to bring home the championship again to PRP.
It's a shame that one or two sportsman decided to behave in a very unsportsmanlike way to achieve their goals - remember God saw you and karma always gets you. Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm going to get some extra time on Rappin' on Racin' Monday night to cover some interviews we did with some of the Pro Mod guys. I'd like to mention the track champions in all the classes if someone can get them to me. I need to know by 5 PM monday to get it on both shows.

Also Amy Romeo can you contact me. I want to talk about some of the stuff you told me Saturday but I didn't write it down and I'd like to make sure I get it right. 412-716-1252 or tomlang57@comcast.net

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
congrats to all class winners and champions at prp.
there was a lot of nail biters going on yesterday,
now its time for team prp to kick some butt at the bracket finals.
was hoping to make it this year, but when my oil pressure dropped to 20 on the return road after the 2nd time run, i wasnt gonna risk it.
praying its just a collapsed filter Praying

Jeff..sorry you did'nt have a chance to take a shot with the rest of us.I hope the damage is minimal.

Looking forward to competing in the bracket finals for PRP this year. This will be the fourth track I have had the honor to do so with and in my estimation the most talented group of racers.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks eric,
i drained the oil today and its clean. gonna cut the filter apart tomorrow and see if i see anything in there. it never went with 0 pressure.
it wasnt making any noise at all , so im hoping its something easy

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post