DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
If the worst thing in your life right now, is the fact that PRP changed their website and launched it before it was completely finished you are doing damn good in life. You should thank God for your blessings.

The fact is, I love drag racing and love racing at PRP. If it were my business, I would hope to treat it with just a little higher level of professionalism. Not only are you conveying information for current racers but serving to promote the sport locally.

Not looking to start a flame war, but yeah, I do count my blessings because I have a damn good life.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W 84:
I don't know, I'm kinda with Jordan on this one. If you're going to develop a new website, I wouldn't exactly go live with it while I am trying to develop it. This isn't a Myspace page, it's a business website.

I agree with this. During the winter months the website is the face of the track. I would rather see a "Stop back soon we are updating" Than an unfinished work in progress...just my .02.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im going to bed... Smile. I love drag racing Big Grin

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W 84:
I don't know, I'm kinda with Jordan on this one. If you're going to develop a new website, I wouldn't exactly go live with it while I am trying to develop it. This isn't a Myspace page, it's a business website.

I agree with this. During the winter months the website is the face of the track. I would rather see a "Stop back soon we are updating" Than an unfinished work in progress...just my .02.

This was all I was trying to point out. Like Matt said there are ways of developing a web page without bringing it live and just dumping the old one. The new site is already looking better, but imho it would have served them better to post on the old one that a new site would be coming and develop the new one before the replacement happened. Also like Matt said in order to promote you need a website to convey your messages and information. We have the biggest public marketing event this weekend at the WOW and you pass out stuff all weekend that says www. and tell people to go online and look at what we have going on and the site is empty. Mark you hit the nail on the head.

And I too count my blessings everyday and believe me whether the PRP website is better now or before has no influence on that.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John_Gover:
Oops....looks like we need to go down a jet size on the nitrous....338RWHP on a 94 ci motor ended up being a little too much for a weldup stroker crank
Car

guessing that Calvin's stuff didn't hold together too well??

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here's my take on it all. I've been a customer of prp/keystone for longer than most of you have been alive. Not you Bob. The track has changed substantially over the last decade. Some changes worked well from the get go. Some did not. We are experiencing a management change. We are in a tough economical climate. Nobody posting on here has the resources or nuts to make the track any better than the current owners are. I thought it was bad timing to change the website during a presenting sponsorship of a big car show. The web is up and apologizes for the changes and timing. I don't look at the new site and say " I'm not going there! " talked to Jamie and Mike at the car show and they are focused on making the track a better place for everybody. Mike really wants to make the program run smoother and quicker. Jamie and his wife Anita and Pam are working on the marketing and promotion. The schedules made it for the car show. Good move. Prp stepped up as the primary sponsor for the practice tree race. Good move.
Sit back and let them do what they have to do. Business is a constant learning experience. I am hopeful that much has been learned over the last several years. Looking forward to a great year.

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Now you see what you guys did?!?! You made RICH the voice of reason! Lace up your skates kids, that was hell freezing over yesterday morning! Big Grin
Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
guessing that Calvin's stuff didn't hold together too well??

Yeah, would have been fine normally aspirated. new build will just have a stock crank and more nitrous to get it back up to roughly the same power (just won't have all of that bottom end torque).

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I love how the ramblings about the website goes on for pages but no one will talk about Greg. I heard from a good source he is now QCR's track manager. That's what I heard, so don't shoot the messenger.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyB:
I love how the ramblings about the website goes on for pages but no one will talk about Greg. I heard from a good source he is now QCR's track manager. That's what I heard, so don't shoot the messenger.

I heard that, as well. Check out QC's website, which is NOT under construction, BTW.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
No one is talking about Greg because it's a rumor so far. There has been no official announcement that I've seen. Have you seen an announcement anywhere? Not shooting to messenger, but I really don't think there's anything to discuss. If it's true, Good luck Greg.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Straight from the horses mouth that it's a done deal.

Posts: 23 | Location: pittsburgh pa. | Registered: December 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
So, Greg told you that he's managing QC?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
So, Greg told you that he's managing QC?

Do any of y'all remember a few years back when it was "OMG - they fired Frank - what ever will happen to the track now???'
and a few years before that..."OMG , no more Mike and Phyllis - what's going to happen now???"
Like we all know:
1. Show up with $$
2. Cut a light
3. Run the number

Too bad the instructions to life are not that simple...Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Like we all know:
1. Show up with $$
2. Cut a light
3. Run the number

Too bad the instructions to life are not that simple...Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

I have one to add...
1. Show up with $$
2. Cut a light
3. Run the number
4. Take as much of PRP's $$ home with you as possible

Simple enough. I am done...website or not, manager or not. I will go, race, win (hopefully) and go home.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:

Like we all know:
1. Show up with $$
2. Cut a light
3. Run the number

I have one to add...
1. Show up with $$
2. Cut a light
3. Run the number
4. Take as much of PRP's $$ home with you as possible

Simple enough. I am done...website or not, manager or not. I will go, race, win (hopefully) and go home.

Mark, I agree. How about:
5. HAVE FUN!!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
#5 is the most important one.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
VERY good point Joan. Fun should probably be #1...the rest is just an after thought. Kinda like we were having fun and a drag race broke out!! lol

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Tony

The Bill T profile on here is Bill Truby not Turk.

It is true and the press release is out on the website
http://www.quakercitymotorsportspark.com/index.php

Posts: 179 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Well, there you have it. Good luck Greg.