DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats to all the winners and r/us up, and to all the champions from this season.
you guys made me feel welcome racing again and was a ton of help this season. and patient at times lol.
really excited about next season.
after talking to aj and mark, im planting corn in the back yard for next year.
the green camaro is going green Big Grin
converting it to E85 over the winter.

also dont forget about the winter drag racing fixes ahead for this winter.
the gobble fest and the practice tree race.
hope to see everyone there.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wave Hi all you STREET racers-- I was in contact with some of u on Sunday, during the day, for King of Street, and The Street points runoff for the engine. I wish I could have been there, but old age, and a severe bout of arthritis in my legs, wouldn't allow it. I heard it was Rich Penn, and Shawn Booher in the final, with Shawn coming out on top. My congratulations to u both, and Shawn, I'll let u know when the engine is finished(should be about a week or so). I just have to say that I am so proud to be a part sponsor for the Street class, and to be a racing opponent, and a companion to all of you. My deepest thanks and appreciation to all of you Street guys, and girls, who stepped up this year to join the points, and help support our track. I know we had a brutal summer, with the heat, and I know I missed a lot because of it, but my deepest admiration, and respect to each and every one of you for your guts in hanging in there this summer.
Many thanks to Greg, and all of the staff, and workers for the GREAT GGG weekend. I had a great time, and loved every minute of it. Congrats to all the winners, and R/Up's over the weekend. Dean Big Grin

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Huge congratulations to all the winners this weekend!!

Especially Shawn, it is a huge accomplishment to win something of this caliber.

I have a huge amount of respect for all of the folks that run street. As most on here know that is where I got my start, and I have never turned my back on that class. It is a great place to either start out and become experienced on the in's and out's or to find a place that you are comfortable and race for many years.

Dean's support to the Romeo family has obviously been more valuable than any amount of words can ever express and for that support I/we thank you Dean. The support that he has given to the street class these past 3 (I believe) years has been beyond words as well. When the other classes were losing run-offs and year end incentives Dean stood out with the engine run-off. I can't speak for all of the engine winners, but I know that for Joey Pinskey winning that engine was definitely the highlight of his racing career thus far, and that moment wouldn't have been possible without Dean's support.

So I guess this long winded post really is meant to be a tribute to all that Dean and Linda Pollock have done for so many of us at PRP directly or indirectly. I know that my racing career would be much different without them. Thanks so much, I truly appreciate everything!!

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Kiel
posted Hide Post
Hi Dean,,Missed you at the track, hope you are feeling better soon. The engine run-off was a great thing,was honored to be part of it.Thanks for all you do.

Posts: 20 | Location: Portage Pa | Registered: September 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Todd Robertson's press release on his win at the GGG.

http://www.promodzone.com/showthread.php?t=19491

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dean, I hope you feel better soon. I think we miss seeing you at the track every weekend.

Congratulations to Shawn. Will we be seeing a bowtie on the back of the Ranger next year?

Congratulations to Al Novak Sr. for winning the the Trophy run-off.

Posts: 20 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
A SPECIAL THANKS TO DEAN FOR ONCE AGAIN PROVIDING A HUGE INCENTIVE FOR US STREET RACERS,YOU SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE YEARS IS AWESOME.MISSED SEEING YOU ALOT THIS YEAR.CONGRATS TO SHAWN BOOHER FOR A VERY TIGHT RACE,YOU ARE A FORCE THAT GETS STRONGER EVERY YEAR.AND TO ALL MY PRP FAMILY FOR A GREAT SEASON.CANT WAIT FOR THE GOBBLEFEST

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dean, all of us in the Street class specifically appreciate beyond words all that you do for us, and the track in general for your continued support of drag racing and PRP. Your support and knowledge, and willingness to share it with everyone, puts you on top of the list of good guys. It's always a pleasure to see you and Linda!

That Dean Racing Engines in Joey's Buick does him well. We had an awesome race in round 1 of the engine run off. He dialed 12.14 to my 12.08, I have .01 on him in reaction time, and we're side by side all the way down the track. I didn't pass him until the stripe, getting it by .002, running dead on with a 7, and Joey was just under by .003, both of us at 109.5mph. Thanks for a great race, Joey!

Congratulations to Rich Penn on the King of Street win. He was killing the tree and dead on all day long. Almost a double up, too. Congratulations to Shawn Booher on the win for Dean's engine, and for winning the runoff for 5th place in Street.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Conratulations to Moon Township's Mike Volkman who won the IHRA Super Stock World Championship at VMP.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Reading is funnymental.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I just caught that this afternoon, Tom. Way to go Michael!

Winner's lane shot:

Tom Scott in the Super Summit final round against Chip Johnson:

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
awesome job to everyone this weekend...and great job to tom scott! you da man

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great racing all year long. Awesome job Rich Penn, you were driving great all year. Good job to Shawn Booher on the win in the Motor race. Thanks to Dean and Linda for there support in the Street Class.

Posts: 130 | Location: greensburg pa | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if the BP in Delmont still has VP?...or did they switch to kero?...Thanks

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
won't kero work for you?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
won't kero work for you?

lol...at 11.25-1 almost.. Big Grin

When we doing dinner with the better halves..?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
is that the white or maple kero syrup?

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
Anyone know if the BP in Delmont still has VP?...or did they switch to kero?...Thanks

They still have VP in the pumps @ $7.29/gal. just called them today.

Does anyone know of any other places selling race gas around the area of Greensburg/Apollo/new ken heck in a 20 mile radius. I am gonna pull out the old dirtbike and hit up a few tracks/trails and need to get some race gas.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What's up what's up?

Orris Fuel, on Freeport Road, across the river from New Ken was selling race fuel. Not sure if they still have any.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bill White should have some at his shop. He is over by Aliquippa but that may be a drive for you.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post