DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Only illegal if you get caught!

Posts: 2593 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
anyone know where i can get a nitrogen tank and regulator for a good price?

i think i want to get a 60 cu ft tank and will need a regulator for it as well... Airgas wants $300+ for the setup and I don't really want to spend that much. Thanks for any help.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
John, I don't understand what the problem is. I love the idea of a cruise before having the King of Street/True Street race. So, obviously, to go on the cruise, drivers should have 100% street legal cars. A healthy percentage of these cars are going to be really sweet rides, with drag radials, or ET Street type tires. I think the decision is a sound one. My junk isn't a show car, but I don't want a chipped windshield. And if I was running a DR/ET ST, I wouldn't want to lose the tread life due to this chip/oil crap. I think it's only fair to all possible participants. The reason for not keeping it all on 22 was to minimize the number of stop lights, and possible attention from the law. While it is each driver's responsibility to meet the law's requirements to drive on the street, there is no doubt that a large number of hot rods cruising up and down 22 in a pack will get their attention.

Tom, just so it's clear, the track is closed Sunday.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
this just goes to prove you cant please everyone chuck. if people would just look at the whole picture...and take an understanding to decisions made and have a positive attitude..everyone would be better off

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tom, just so it's clear, the track is closed Sunday.

Thanks Chuck. I'll pass the information on.

I know the back roads I drive on to get to 22 and then the track are very hard on my tires after a fresh tar and feather.

Matt, you are right, regardless of the topic, you can not hope to satisfy everyones needs. If you hit 70-80% you would be doing a great job, but the amount of work and resources to get that last 20% isn't worth the return (in general terms).

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
anyone know where i can get a nitrogen tank and regulator for a good price?

i think i want to get a 60 cu ft tank and will need a regulator for it as well... Airgas wants $300+ for the setup and I don't really want to spend that much. Thanks for any help.

That seems to be about the going rate. Around $200 for the tank alone.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
I have a big tank Jordan. It's for co2, but you may be able to get an adapter. Do you want nitrogen for your tires?

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That vega wagon you found on craigs list is awesome. If you don't buy it, I will.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who around the track can fill the small co2 bottles? Anybody at the track or any businesses around the track or anywhere between the track and Altoona.

Thanks,

Rich

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
Bob - i am using it for the air shifter on my bike... i typically use the air behind the tower before each pass to fill it up but i figure i would simplify and also I seem to have better luck with nitrogen than just plain compressed air.

Rich - I am not sure if they still do it but All American Paintball Park off of Route 30 heading towards Latrobe used to do it. They use it for paint ball guns. Maybe try to give them a call... not exactly on the way but could be.

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Paton III:
Who around the track can fill the small co2 bottles? Anybody at the track or any businesses around the track or anywhere between the track and Altoona.

Thanks,

Rich

rich,
i get mine filled in greenwood at the paint ball place just past the meadows.
its like 2 bux for a 10 oz bottle.

i carry a full 10 oz spare with me at the track.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. See you Saturday!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JordanPR22:
Bob - i am using it for the air shifter on my bike... i typically use the air behind the tower before each pass to fill it up but i figure i would simplify and also I seem to have better luck with nitrogen than just plain compressed air.

Jordan, that's a DOT bottle and is good for 1800psi. Get it filled with CO2 and get the regulator from Schnitz. You'd get a crap load of passes before you'd need to refill.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
That vega wagon you found on craigs list is awesome. If you don't buy it, I will.

Looks like atleast a T/S ride...might even be an X Promod car Rolling

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that The King of Street was cancelled due to tarring and chipping of the roads used in the event, when those conditions are not much different than driving through the pits on any Saturday after a run?

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Rich We get or bottles filled at the scuba shop in Freeport so anytime you need it filled give it to us and we will have it for you the next weekend. John Cadamore

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
cancelled and postponed are two different things

Posts: 50 | Location: brackenridge pa | Registered: December 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
not much different than driving through the pits

But definetly different.

Put a stop on that *****, and you got yourself one badass super rod car.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
sorry.......postponed guess thats the only thing you can find with my posting that was not correct

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
where the hell was this info brought up about the king of street being postponed or cancelled? i must of missed it...i noticed it wasnt on the weekly schedule for prp...kinda laughed i thought they cancelled ahead of time cause of the rain expected this weekend HAHA! so i found my way to DRR forum to figure it out...gladd its a topic right now... im hoping its moved back alil while, that way my car might just be done intime for it, for its first ever appearance at the KOS/TS race...

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post