DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
For those asking elevation of PRP, the Computer system is programmed at 1200 and if you do a search for Latobe Airport it shows Elevation At Touchdown Zone: 1145.0 ft

So i would have to say the 1200 is pretty close to accurate.

my gps said

Elevation: 1180 feet

Latitude: 40.40683

Longitude: -79.397979

GPS: N 40 24.409, W 79 23.8787

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Mikey I am with you. We are gonna get a passing shower but nothing to end the day. Have my fingers crossed. Praying

TIRE FIRE!!!
TIRE FIRE!!!
TIRE FIRE!!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am with you Chuck. Lets burn a big ol hole in the ozone layer.

I wonder if Consol energy Arena is available to rent for drag races. That may be the only way we can get one in for sure.

Hoping for sunshine in the upcoming days and weeks. This rain is a bit depressing at times.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Nice track prep last night.

I wasn't expecting much from brand new 9" slicks but they were hooking nicely to 6200rpm launches Cool

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Galanda:
Nice track prep last night.

I wasn't expecting much from brand new 9" slicks but they were hooking nicely to 6200rpm launches Cool

I didn't have any traction problems either leaving at 8000 on a 7.5" street tire Eek

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If new slicks will not hook what will?

Posts: 16 | Location: home | Registered: June 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ole Keith knows his stuff when it comes to the starting line.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffo:
If new slicks will not hook what will?

1st passes on new slicks normally doesn't work well for me. Even more so on a smaller tire than I normally run. Thats why I was rather happy about lastnight.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
is captain obvious at the adrl race in michigan?

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Should be Matt, running extreme Pro-Stock.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ok just checking...thought i seen a pic of his car there

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mr. Obvious and Team Cobalt are there. First session was rained out. Kevin had tire shake in the 2nd session and in the 3rd session they had junk get into the seat of one of the carbs. They're scheduled to be the first pair of cars out this morning at 9:00 for the final qualifier.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Was there Thursday nite The place was packed Traction was great as allways,Hope on making it up there on Sunday,so no Rain!!!!1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sbchevy,

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bannthat black gto from coming to prp anymore Bann Bann Bann bowgood job AGAIN lou greco and father..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did they get the racing in?? I wasnt sure because, i didnt see any results or points update for either day

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Got both days in!!! Congrats to all the winners!!!

Also have to give PRP a ton of credit. After sitting through the rain we recieved on Saturday "normally" it would have been a guaranteed cancellation. Instead we waited for it to stop, they got the broom out and the blowers. They worked really hard to make sure we would get Saturdays racing in!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and runner-ups on Saturday on Sunday. Big congrats to my sister Shelly for making her first final in Modified, she was driving well all day.

Big congrats to my buddy ChuckT for cleaning up the street class.

Good job Ron Boyce on Saturday night for the win in mod and Randy Duncan for his win in Top, its been a long time coming for Randy I was very happy for you. Also to Bob McDounough for the RU.

Can someone post the winners and RU from Sunday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head:
Top: Lou Greco over Bob Brehm
Mod: Russ Benish over Ron Boyce
Street: Rich Penn over Shawn Booher

Unfortunately I don't know who won jr's,bike, or Trophy.

BTW: I have using E-85 fuel thanks to AJ Casini instead of 1/2 and 1/2 pump gas and racing fuel and all I can say is WOW...the car is insane!!! I have never had a combination that was this consistent until switching to E-85, I highly suggest if you are considering the switch you talk to AJ, he can get you hooked up with the information and carb that will get you printing slips right off the trailer!!!

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Where are all you non-Mopar racers going to race at this coming weekend ? Just curious, that's all.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Corky, if you looked at the PRP site for results and points, you should have also seen that the track had the "Open" status all weekend. Even with the rain delay Saturday, I don't believe it ever went on the site. Thanks to PRP for working their butts off to get the track in safe working 1/4 mile condition. Saturday's winners are on the PRP results page. In addition to what Mark posted:
Juniors 10-12
Brandon Butler over Breanna Bailey

Juniors 13-17
Mason Gross over Tim Whalen

TCR
Josh Barnett sweeps the weekend, over Kaylee Busch on Sunday

Bike:
Matt Powell over Mike Mungai

Trophy
Jim McCully over Dan Negley Jr

Congrats to Ron Boyce and Rich Penn, for being in the finals both days in Mod and Street respectively, and both coming away with a win and runner up. Mr. Points Leaders!! not worthy

Lou Greco is a bad, bad man. He is close enough to the Ohio border where his entry fee will now be $800. Tongue I'm stupid Congrats Lou! Pics are on the way hopefully tonight.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post