DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
.... springs just around the corner my A$$, it's cold out there.

Don't forget your booties because it's cold out there today!

It's cold out there every day.

What is this, Miami Beach?

Not hardly.

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
Jeff,

I guess i am a confused, you need 4 time runs to dial your car in? I bet Beaver Bob is one of the only tracks that can have the extra time to allow 4 time runs. I would not get used to that if you plan on going to other places.

Lets do some math here, a Jr motor usually lasts about 110-130 runs before a rebuild is needed. That extra time run actually hurts and costs you more money by shortening the life cycle of the engine by about a 1/4 over the length of a typical season. Not to mention fuel and Oil costs are higher with that extra time run. So instead of finishing the season with a 110 runs, you will be way over 140 150 with that extra time run every weekend. I hope you do make money because i hear blocks are not cheap when that crank breaks with that many runs on it..

I believe Tony Fagnilli was right ( and it kills me at agree with him) but in that you should have never said anything on this board because all it did was make people turned off by your decision.

You will always be welcomed at PRP and when you do come back to race i am sure the other kids will step it up a notch to make sure they try and beat Ryan and you. Lets be honest here last year Ryan did great but ran a beginner class with a slow car. He had the advantage when he did run the faster cars but now that will all change. If Ryan and yourself woop up in the 8.90 class then i will be impressed. Till that happens i am tired of hearing it, and i will take Franks advice and shut my mouth before i get on a roll and tell you how it really is. Plus hurt my reputation of being a nice guy...... OK Frank, Tony, Gregg, everyone stop laughing now.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Bill Turk>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Chuck, how's the big oldsmobubble coming?
QUOTE]

Hey Steve,
I picked it up from JStewart Saturday. And, directions to JStewart's house in WV do actually include "turn off of the paved road." I was just worried that they were going to hunt this city boy for sport. Hell, I worry enough about FDT doing that. But, thanks to all his help and tow straps, we got that big hammer strapped in, and it didn't go anywhere. It's not going in this year though. Too much else going on, and I want to do things right.

Jeff S, let me know if you're going to be anywhere close to the neighborhood, and I'll bring your tow straps. Or, I can just ship 'em.

I wonder how ground hog would taste with some hot sauce? Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Sorry Birddog, just trying to lighten the atmosphere a little, but thank you for the geography lesson.

Chuck, I hear they taste a little like chicken Wink, ......might not be bad with a little sause

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
now bill........... you know yourself that extra time runs help. Roll Eyesremember, we are always the first one at the gate and heard many many times a certain jr blasting down the track 2 or 3 times before the gates ever opened. Eek
" and i know who the crew chief was"
last year ryan made 147 passes between prp, beaver springs, mason dixon and the bracket finals.

also, if there was an advantage of running a slower car against faster cars, then why is everyone trying to go faster?
they could save a ton of money and just run a 12.90 motor in the13-17 class, right?
we have been beat by our share of faster cars, and what the advantage of running a faster car is that you can nose in front of the slower car and pedal if you need to. but with ryan's lights, that usually ended up with the faster car nosing infront of him and breaking out Wink
now, am i correct on that ratioinality?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jeffrey10x2,

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve from Pa:
Sorry Birddog, just trying to lighten the atmosphere a little, but thank you for the geography lesson.

Steve from Pa:

you have my sympathies, and that is why I moved 1000-miles south from Pa. in '06!

Wink

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
Jeff,

No i would have to say you are incorrect on both points. Once you put a kid in a Jr dragster, one of the first things they say is when can i go FASTER. Sure you could run 12.90s in the 13-17 class but you will almost never see it. Part of any racing is to go faster, even in mod and top classes.

As for hearing things on a Saturday morning, was not for an "extra" time run but because something was usually broke on the car and needed repaired or tested. You have no idea how many cables and Peddles broke over the season. Coming to as TnT on a Wed night did not work very often with soccer and other sports for her. You will come to find out that going faster comes with a down side that it vibrates the car apart. Things will break you never even thought of even with the best of cars. Plus she owns the racetrack.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Turk:
Part of any racing is to go faster, even in mod and top classes.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

<ahem>

Thanks for mentioning Street. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
Chuck,

So sorry i forgot to mention STREET, and might as well add in Trophy and Bike too.

BUT there is only one person who has the honors to have been beat in Modify class by a VW bug..
I think it was called the Greg Killer VW running 13.xx's

Sorry Greg....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Bill Turk>,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Jeez, the competition gets rough in the winter. That's enough kids, it's over. Let's not forget who we are teaching(children)

Stephen, HOW YOU DOING ? I know it's got to be colder up there and it's killer here. Hope everyone is staying warm.
I have Plaques for Mark and Thomas for the great season they had last year. I guess you can get them first trip in.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bill Turk.... You are referring to the
MILLER KILLER

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Turk:
Chuck,

So sorry i forgot to mention STREET, and might as well add in Trophy and Bike too.

BUT there is only one person who has the honors to have been beat in Modify class by a VW bug..
I think it was called the Greg Killer VW running 13.xx's

Sorry Greg....

Thanks, Bill, I feel better now. And you're right, everyone wants to go faster. To be a little fairer, that Bug was b_itchin', for a Bug anyway... 12.60s, ran the number, it was black, with the Iron City Beer logo on it. Mmmmmmmmm Iron City...
I liked Steve Sciullo's line: Everytime I see that thing, I get thirsty.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
The Miller killer...... that was a good one, Steve sure is a unique announcer Smile Big Grin ..can't wait to hear him in a couple months.

Frank we were unable to make it to the banquet this year, but we did get Thomas and Marks savings bonds in the mail today, thank you.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
FTD.????what do you mean dump??and no work hasnt p/u yet and equipment keeps breaking.heck i had to sale our race trl to pay bills.so as of right know we have 2 race cars and no way to get them there. Confusedi think you should purchase a trl and advertise your track all over it.so when i travel to all these big $$$ races(and get smacked around)we could get the prp word out there.no other racetrack has came up with that kinda advertisment!!!and just think of all the people that will see it going up and down the turnpike!!man thats a great idea.you better call me asap about this deal!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Four time runs that is ridiculous. I wouldn't even put my car through that abuse. When I double class I only take TT in one class. Any weekly racer should only need two TT.

It is suppose to be high 40's this week.
YEAH BABY!!

Chuck you better get some work done this week.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<trap>
posted
Bill,
I would be carefull. A guy who spends 200 grand in two years on racecars might get a little sensitive about crash jokes. The poor guy is forced to work three jobs when does he sleep?

By the way, It wasn't tony's fault he hit the wall. Norwalk's track is just to narrow.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
what they do is they give the jrs one extra time run. he starts with jrs and tcr, then into big cars, then ends with jrs .
even big cars usually get 3 time runs

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. I take back all those mean things I've said about you over the years. You're my man.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska:
It is suppose to be high 40's this week.
YEAH BABY!!

Chuck you better get some work done this week.

T, where did you see 40s???? Accuweather is saying another drop after this storm tomorrow. That's like Barry saying the rain would pass over that time at QC, which was like Noah saying, it'll stop soon.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
I was wondering the same thing lol. I'm seeing a nice chunk of snow coming our way pretty soon, but not 40's. Now on the other hand when I am in Virginia Beach this coming weekend there may be some 40's lol. Thats pretty sad, I'm going to the beach which would normally be a cool thing, but when I go its the middle of winter. The trip I'm going on in mid-march should make up for the cold though, San Antonio, TX average March temp. there is like 75 degrees.