DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think it's a bit ballsy of Bob to trash talk about beating us at Bracket Finals, when only about 5 of his racers came here for the PA Challenge.

If I can get a tow to M-D, I'll probably do the turkey race. But I don't know if I want to stink up the joint like I've been the last month or so.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I'm definately not going to the turkey race, I wouldn't mind going someday.

Beaver Bob is just like that. He is a bit ****y about his racers. Your right about him only bringing 5 cars down, pretty sad if you ask me.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i was shocked that was all that showed up.
i think that maybe try this mid season instead of the end.

i also think it might be a good idea for the track to have a big holliday weekend race too. such as memorial day weekend. have racing all 3 days and maybe even friday night. now we travel to beaver for those weekend and they are usually packed there. plus they squeeze more points races in with that having points all 3 days. that way the regulars are there too.
maybe something for the track to think about.
"defintly a money maker"

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I dunno, I think what Bob wrote was probably all in good fun, he knows the majority of people from PRP look at his site...and i also was at the challenge and noticed alot of BSD guys weren't there but Bob was. He is faithful to his own racers though I'll give him that.

I can say every time we go up to BSD (we being me, my dad, ron mclelland, the donnelly's and occasionally jeff noon), especially taking our cars up for the Nostalgia S/S events, he treats us absolutely great. We'll stick up there for the weekend and he goes out of his way to stop by and see whats up (which he did at the challenge too). He definitely makes it obvious that he appreciates us being there, which goes a long way in my book. Just my 2 cents...

I'll be going down for the turkey race if the weather's alright, its usually a pretty good time..

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
quote:
I can say every time we go up to BSD (we being me, my dad, ron mclelland, the donnelly's and occasionally jeff noon), especially taking our cars up for the Nostalgia S/S events, he treats us absolutely great. We'll stick up there for the weekend and he goes out of his way to stop by and see whats up (which he did at the challenge too). He definitely makes it obvious that he appreciates us being there, which goes a long way in my book. Just my 2 cents...

100% Agreed....that being said he has a big head about his racers. Don't get me wrong there are some excellent racers at Beaver (Jason Weaver for example) but overall I definately don't think the competition there is as good as it is down at PRP.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Stupid weather. I was planning on testing a 650 Quick Fuel carb on Sunday, but it looks like the rain is going to hang. Damn shame we couldn't get today's weather Sunday.

Just a heads up for folks who haven't heard us talk about it: AJ, Mark, and I are going to try to organize a practice tree race, date TBD, but I think for sure after the holidays. It's not anything we're looking to make money on as organizers, just something to do to get together and have some fun. We will be taking our shots at the tree to win the purse though! Our current idea is to have it somewhere close to the track. Updates as events warrant.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thats a great idea for the practice tree races.
i know ryan will want to come to them, and maybe dad can get a few shots at it too Wink
he doesnt know it yet, but thats what he is getting for xmas, a full size tree to go with his porta tree.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
top bulb!!or that stupid bottom bulb Confused

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I'm betting we can make provisions for some you top bulbers. I know my dad is the same way, lost if you ask him to hit the bottom but pretty darn good on the top bulb.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Not that Prest has anything to do with it, and how he asked so nicely Big Grin, but yeah, I was figuring it would be both too. Besides, he'll probably make another sandwich. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Did you guys see this?:
http://www.ihra.com/news/2006/november/10_2007_rules.html

For the fast guys, it says medical physical records mandatory for TS & TD. For us slow guys and gals, it says antifreeze is prohibited in all classes at a National, Pro-Am, or Team Finals event. That's not too big of a deal, but it will be an annoying inconvenience to switch the antifreeze over, at least for me, if I make Finals next year. It's probably not a big deal to too many folks, but I do drive mine, as does Mike B, Mike E, Joey D, Allison.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, if you've ever seen a car with antifreeze spill it's guts onto the racing surface, you would understand why they're doing this. The base stocks for antifreeze, Propylene or Ethylene Glycol don't evaporate and that composes 80-90 % of antifreeze. Eventually they will absorb into the racing surface, but it takes days and not minutes. Trying to clean it off the track surface is almost useless. Even if it's cleaned off the track, it leaves a film that is quite slippery.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan, I do understand the clean up issues. I think BSD even states on their site any car in Mod or Top that spills antifreeze instead of water will be immediately disqualified. But there are a number of us points contenders that run antifreeze in the mix because we drive to and from the track. It's no big deal for me to change it to straight water for a weekend for Bracket Finals, as long as we don't get any freak weather. And as long as I remember to put 60-40 back in before it does freeze. Big Grin

<Mark Romeo>
posted
I'll be totally honest, I run anti-freeze in my car all season. I know that many might say that I'm crazy, but I'm not taking any chances we race from March till November and there are always chances for freezing weather at each end of that spectrum. I keep my car in an un-heated garage plus it lubricates the water pump. I know that I can run Water Wetter or something of that nature but anti-freeze comes cheap and is readily available. Most likely I will continue running it.

I really don't think that driving to and from the track is any different that me trailering it. It wouldn't hurt to run water in a street car, I still wouldn't run it straight.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
well it looks like ryan will be running his same car next year. the guy gave the deposit and then backed out.
but with some good news, BAR'S LEAKS/ RISLONE engine treatment has signed ryan to a 3 year deal and will be carrying the RISLONE engine treatment brand on the car. it will be painted to match Reichert’s A/Fuel Dragster.
it is also in the working to have him run in an exibition race at norwalks "night under fire" event on july 4th weekend where he will have a chance to meet the big dogs. including his hero, john force.
bar's leaks sent us the dvd for it this past year and they had 2 jrs there and both did interviews on the dvd plus airtime on tv.
needless to say, ryan is excited Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I run antifreeze really early in the year and real late in the year (aka now). Think of how cold it got over halloween weekend? I could understand having a no antifreeze rule during warm weather months, but what do they want everybody to do when its getting cold?

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The no antifreeze rule is IHRA's rule for their events (Nationals, Pro-Am, Bracket Finals). It's not a PRP rule. As long as there's no freezing weather at BF, I'm fine with changing for that weekend, but it will be an annoyance, more so if it does threaten to go 32 or below.

Sorry to hear about Ryan's car falling through, Jeff. But that is a sweet deal with Bar's Leak/Rislone, congrats to you guys.

Anyone want to tow me and the Cutlass to M-D Sunday?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ill tell you what, he took it like a trooper.
i think i was more upset than he was.
he just went" dad, we have a very good car, i can still kick butt in it"
i almost fell on the floor . Wink

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
A little off subject... anyone know any place local that sells Johnny Lightning Holiday Classics?

<Mark Romeo>
posted
If I even knew what that was I might be able to help. lol