DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
how do they do it jr's style in the carolinas???huh?do they pay cash?huh?well do they?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
quote:
but i say ryan down and asked him what he wanted to do.
and i have heard "fun" alot on this topic. so i asked him, where do you have the most fun at. and he said hands down beaver.

In that case you have made a sound decision for the better for you guys program...

Bill with this earlier starting time is PRP going to have the second chance races for the juniors this year? Or will they have to be eliminated?
I know my kids like them.
Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raceman147:
I didn't think you were allowed to pay the kids cash

When the Jr Dragster program was initially conceived, you WEREN'T allowed to offer a payout to the small-cars:
'legally', you weren't supposed to be running ANY-OTHER cars on the grounds (even if it was just 'idling' in it's pit-space ), but we all know what happened to THAT bit of safety-related legislation, correct?

Roll Eyes

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
Steve,

Yes the second chance race for the Jr's will still be part of the program. Just like dial for $$ will be part of the big cars program.

Jeff,
Good luck at Beaver Bobs, hope you make lots of money and have fun..

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
What I want to know Jeff, is why you even posted your message here. Seriously, do you think that anyone is happy that you are going to another track to race, especially with all the money that's been going into PRP? No matter what anyone says to your face, everyone is disappointed that you're going to support BSD and not PRP. And, that's exactly what your doing. Peace out.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, thats good news for us.

I understand were your coming from Jeffrey, these things are getting a bit expensive for a glorified go cart.....but we only have ourselves to blame, we all want to give our kids the best ball, bat, glove, car we can.

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I don't necessarily believe that anybody is faulting you for making a decision for "your" program. I feel that posting on the "Pittsburgh Raceway Park" discussion board, that you are leaving PRP may not have been the best decision. With that said, have fun at BSD they will welcome you guys I'm sure.

Good Luck!!!

<trap>
posted
Tony
I heard that you were going to be at Beaver springs on Tuesdays and Thursdays working the lanes.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Funny

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I sent my buddy the banquet pic links, and he asked a good question Big Grin:
I wonder if the Tedescos get nervous surrounded by people big enough to eat them?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bill Turk>
posted
Trap,

Tony can't go to Beaver Springs until he wrecks or burns up his new car. Give it a few weeks with the way he drives and does Tune ups.

Sorry Tony could not help myself.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are you serious ? Get nervous ? Does your diet include lead ? Smile

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Haven't been here in a while, a lil blown away by what I'm reading, but it takes all types I guess.
Our 3 Jr. winners get a 50.00 bond and 10.00 dollars PRP bucks for the kids to spend anywhere at PRP, plus a trophy.
R/U gets trophy and 5.00 PRP bucks.

$6.00 cash is better ?????????????????

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'm not mad at anybody, I wish them well. I like both and always will.

I just need someone to reason that out for me. As you all know, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I just can't figure that out and you state your going for the BUX?????????????

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would trade those payouts in a New York second.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
frank,
its not 6 bux.
its $6 per entry in the jr class to win and $4 per entry for 2nd.. which averages18-20 cars
memorial day weekend this past year, ryan made it to the finals plus cut a perfect .000 light in the semis that night.
we werent in points there at the time so we didnt get any contingency money. and he still got a check for $80 plus $30 in beaver bux for his perfect light and a trophy.
then i found out lafter that its only $10 to join points for a jr , so the next morning we joined.
that night there were 20 cars in an all run jr class, first got $120 and runner up got $80.
its not all about the money, but every little bit helps when im footing the bill for ryan's racing.
we will still be there a few weeks this year plus the jr nationals in july.
another thing that helps a little is that jrs get 4 time runs. which defintly helps.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FDTed1211:
Are you serious ? Get nervous ? Does your diet include lead ? Smile

Quite possibly... if it was deep fried, and had wing sause on it. Big Grin

"Billy, we gotta talk."

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
FTD.is scared of nothing he's the man.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Okay, I got it now. Like I said, not the sharpest knife in drawer.
That's fantastic. I wish you nothing but the best. Beaver Bob does a fine job up there. You guys will be rolling in the money this year the way Ryan was going last year.

Charles. That hot sauce is going to be the death of you.

Mr. Prest. HOW YOU DOING ? Hope to see you see more at our dump this year. Hope work has picked up for you.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Hello Frank.

Chuck, how's the big oldsmobubble coming?

...that freaking groundhog.... springs just around the corner my A$$, it's cold out there.