DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Russ and family you have our deepest sympathy, our thoughts and prayers go out to your family

Marty,Lisa and Breanna

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
New point system in case anyone missed it on the website.

New for the 2009 Season...

An Extra (Bonus) Point for the Winner in each class that offers points.

The points are as follows:

2 Pts to Stage

2 Pts 1st Round Win

2 Pts 2nd Round Win

1 Pt Every Round Win After

1 Bonus Point to the Winner of the
Final Round in their Class

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Tedesco:

I wonder how the final standings would have been effected if this program had been in place last season.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
quote:

I wonder how the final standings would have been effected if this program had been in place last season.

I'm not sure I quite understand your post. Are you just curious or are you trying to imply something?

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it would have had much affect on 2008 points. Nick do you guys keep a list of winners?

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
is that new point system for the weekly program??or for the ihra bracket finals?think thats what triple might be thinking.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
I don't know if it would have had much affect on 2008 points. Nick do you guys keep a list of winners?

We do during the season..I'd imagine they are still in the filing cabinets unless they got lost in the shuffle to the new office.

Prest, it is our (PRP) new point system.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
If you would happen to come across it I'd love to see all the winners from 2008 just to see if it would/will make a difference in 2009.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I still have my results from writing the newsletters, and a quick scan looks like there would have been no change in the championships. Many of the class champions also won races, which would have kept them on pace or ahead of those chasing.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Thats what I was thinking as well Chuck. I didn't think it would have had much if any impact in the points last year. It might give folks a little more incentive to win a race instead of first and second round Mad. But then again there is always that $1000 dollar check that should be more than enough incentive. Or the $5000 check at the banquet for winning the points.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i would have to say the same thing, i think all the champions have won races, and "might " have made a difference if it was just a 1 point race at the end, but we all accept the point system at the beginning of the year when we sign up for points and all race for the same.

i still think at the end of the day, its consistently going rounds is what it takes to get the job done. but thats just my thinking.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure I quite understand your post. Are you just curious or are you trying to imply something?

There is no implication... I'm just curious.

As someone else posted, all participants are running under the same guidelines so there isn't any sort of issue of fairness.

It has always been interesting to me to see how various tracks, sanctioning bodies, and even different forms of motorsports calculate their points and the effect that racer performance (event to event consistency vs. inconsistent, win or bust) impacts the crowning of the eventual champions.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Got cha. I'd have to agree with Chuck and say it most likely wouldn't have changed much

There is no implication... I'm just curious.

As someone else posted, all participants are running under the same guidelines so there isn't any sort of issue of fairness.

It has always been interesting to me to see how various tracks, sanctioning bodies, and even different forms of motorsports calculate their points and the effect that racer performance (event to event consistency vs. inconsistent, win or bust) impacts the crowning of the eventual champions.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
nick,
i do know at beaver springs, each round win is 100 points and you get 100 points to stage the car first round.

then if you are the number 1 qualifier you get 50 points.

then the winner at the end of the day gets an additional 1 point.

this way the drivers are going to the tree on the time runs for that extra 50 points for the best RT and then the extra 1 point for winning he uses as a tie breaker.

not sure how other tracks do it because we only race at PRP and beaver.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
i do know at beaver springs...

...if you are the number 1 qualifier you get 50 points.

...this way the drivers are going to the tree on the time runs for that extra 50 points for the best RT

So Beaver offers bonus points for lowest ET and the best reaction time in TTs?

Is this just in the junior classes or for all classes?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
not low ET
the number 1 qualifier( based on reaction times in the last time run) gets 50 points, which is equal to 1/2 a round win.

then the winner in each class gets a bonus 1 point that they use as a tie breaker for the points series.
this point system is used in all classes there, from jr dragsters through top

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ok folks, coming down to time to place our food order. We want to be as accurate as possible, so we can feed everyone. If you don't see your name on the entry list, then we don't know you're coming. Please email me at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com

Beat the winter blahs! Come out and enjoy a day filled with fierce competition on tree. Don’t miss the event everyone is talking about until the first day of on track competition. The event has grown this year and the venue has changed to allow more to come enjoy the day.

Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009
Time: Gates open at 12PM, sign up, eat, racing starts at 1PM
Place: New Alexandria Fire Hall, 8370 State Route 22, New Alexandria PA 15670. (From the west, on the left side of 22 shortly after you pass Sheetz; from the east, on the right side of 22, shortly after you pass PRP)

Entry: Adults $5
Children 12 and under $3
Children 6 and under free
You don't have to race, but everyone coming through the door will have to pay the entry/cover charge. Our menu will be similar to last year, fried chicken from Wal Mart, iced tea, lemonade, water. Special thanks to Dean and Linda Pollock, who will be bringing their Texas Lasagna once again this year, and to the Foxes, Joe Jr and Joe Sr, for bringing what they are describing as "Polish hamburgers." We will not be offering soda, but you are welcome to bring your own lunch, snacks, and/or beverages (cover charge WILL still apply), but no alcohol please. This is a family oriented event, and there will be kids present.

Email Chuck at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com if you are going to attend. We need to keep a head count to know how much food to get.

Race 1 is $5 entry, race 2 is $20 entry, race 3 (if time allows) is $5 entry.

All races will pay 50% to the winner, 25% to the runner up, 15% to the semis (split between the 2 racers), 10% to the quarters (split between the 4 racers).

Only race 2 will have buybacks, for $5. We are not looking to make a dime on this. All money will be paid back 100%. If there's anything left after expenses, it will be put into the racing.

Rules:
* Round 1 in races 1 & 2 will consist of both racers hitting the tree twice as "time trials." Round 2 and on will have no time trials.
* All rounds with the exception of the final will be best of 3. Final round is best of 5.
* How to enter: "Tech cards" will be 50/50 type tickets, different colors for different races. Buy your "tech card" for each race you want to enter. Write your name CLEARLY on the ticket you hand in.
* Pairings will be randomly drawn.
* Bye runs will be randomly drawn at the beginning of each round.
* After the bye is pulled, we'll pull the Dean's Racing Engines Bounty. Whoever wins that round, between the person who gets pulled for the bounty or his/her opponent, wins some cash!
* Racing is off of the handheld button only.
* Racing is off of the bottom bulb only.
* The tree is full sized, with LED bulbs.
* Tree will be in time trial mode, or, as if both racers have the exact same dial in.
* Rollout will be able to be set for each racer.
* The christmas tree decides all winners, ie, if 2 racers in competition have identical reaction times, the winner is the one whose lane is flashing on the tree.
* The $20 race, double entries WILL be allowed

Thanks to our sponsors so far:

* Pittsburgh Raceway Park, donating three $40 tech cards, eleven $10 spectator passes, five $5 PRP Bucks
* Jones Race Car Trailers/www.jonesrv.com, donating Pit Pal products
* Dean Racing Engines, donating $100 cash for the payouts
* JW-Kustomz Signs and Graphix/www.jwkustomz.com, donating a vinyl lettering package: names for each side window, and 4 numbers for race car, color of their choice
* Brian Weaver/ Weaver's Race Cars, donating 5 gallons Sunoco 110 purple or alcohol (jug not included) to the best losing reaction time of the $20 race
* The Noon Family/Team HUYA, donating 8 Summit Racing 40th Anniversary spring/summer jackets (1 med, 2 L, 3 XL, 2 XXL)
* Bob George Racing, donating Bob George Racing hats, tshirts; a collectible die cast Willys, Auto Meter gauge
*The Motorworks
*NAPA Auto Parts of South Greensburg

Here is the entry/attendance list so far:

Chuck Turocy
Amy, Frank, Mark and Kevin Romeo
Beth Lucci
AJ Casini
Brianna Bowman
Shelly Casini
Greg Miller
Scott Campbell
Bill Turk
Ryan Hann
Jeff Hann
Mark, Thomas, and Steve Vasbinder
Barry Barnett
Mike Balaska
Rich Penn
Ed Galanda
Bob Jones
Linda & Dean Pollock
Vanessa & Jeff Noon
Jeff Noon Jr
Jason & Brian Weaver
Steve Reasbeck, 7 coming down Walton’s Mountain
Bob George, Curt George Jr
Matt Cadamore
Matt Obertanec
Nick Tedesco
Britt Mizia, Joe Mizia
Mike Egan
Markie Brewer
Nick Bowman
Joe Fox Jr
Joe Fox Sr

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tony Fagnilli as a Duke hoops fanBig Grin :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHB6W_r9ag&feature=related

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Awesome Chuck. Next time I'm at the track and you're on the line, you'd better watchout.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Umm. Chuck, why are you searching "speedo" on youtube? Eek

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post