DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I don't believe a true footbrake race was ever in the cards. It would be GREAT if we had the cars...but we don't/won't.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Biddle jr8XX8
posted Hide Post
Mark, PM back at ya

Posts: 280 | Location: Burbank, OH | Registered: August 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
now your talking mamma!!!make it a good money race for everyone...cause i can hardly let go of a button let alone getting my feet to work together..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
now your talking mamma!!!make it a good money race for everyone...cause i can hardly let go of a button let alone getting my feet to work together..

unfortunately billy, i think she was being sarcastic. not that you would win anyway Big Grin. just kidding brother. And i have to second what Mark Romeo said, I don't recall it ever being called a "foot brake" race. It was called a NO BOX RACE and the suggestion of it being foot brake only was brought up.

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Dead on with a zero, it was never called a footbrake race. Yes, that would be my preference too. But the reality is we need car count for this race to be feasible. The other reality is we, the racers, need to support it, so we can hopefully make these sweet payout races a regular event... and then maybe we can have a footbrake only race, and/or a box race, etc.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
$10,000 divided four ways. $2500 for a box class, $2500 for a no box class, $2500 for a footbrake class, and $2500 for a bike class. Lower entry per class and you can decide to run whatever you like. OK, I'm joking. This just goes to show how you can't please everyone. I agree with Scotty, this race needs to happen no matter what format it is and I'm in even if it's a Box race. I appreciate the track just trying to pull this off with the economy tanking. Car count is going to be low as it is.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The racers on this board will support the race but we are still about a hundred short. IMO the race will never be successful unless there is good promoting. You cannot just put it in the schedule or on the website and think that is good enough. I don't think there is enough racers in this area for it to be successful so you have to draw other people here. If this race isn't going to be pushed and promoted from the time it goes on the schedule till the first round I think you should scratch the idea. This is just my opinion and i'm sure mostly everyone knows this already but its not a matter of footbreak/no box, its promotion.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Young Tedesco, you know me too well! LOL However, it would be interesting to see a "foot-brake" race, but the car count won't be there. But whatever is decided, hope it happens and it's worth it.

How are you Mr. Prest?

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
You got it. With all the internet advertisement now, these boards are a necessary part. Also, need flyers sent out...etc. If enough people know and it isn't scheduled on top of anything major locally we could probably do ok.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Young Tedesco, you know me too well! LOL However, it would be interesting to see a "foot-brake" race, but the car count won't be there. But whatever is decided, hope it happens and it's worth it.

How are you Mr. Prest?

I think the only places Footbrake races work is where footbrake is even contested. Down south all they have is Pro(top) and footbrake. Thats it, well maybe a trophy class and bike class. Top and the footbrake are all they have down there. Thats how races like the WFC III are successful. I personally don't believe that race would have a shot at working up here.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think given the current economy you all need to consider ways to maximize the car count and entice racers to come to PRP. With respect to eliminating dragsters/center steer cars from this or any other no box racing is short sighted. Dragsters are the hardest car to modify your reaction time due to the lack of adjustability in the car. I have foot braked and manually shifted dragsters in the no box class over the years and it is not as easy as one might think. A dragster is no different than any other race car; you need to know what to do with your set up to win. A dragster has two advantages over other race cars. They are easy on parts (economical to race) when you run them in the 9 second range and I believe they are the safest car on the track. If you are going to eliminate dragsters, why not eliminate four link door cars, ladder bar cars and chassis cars? Don’t they have a mechanical advantage over a leaf or coil spring car? At the end of the day the winner is the racer who made the most of what they had to race that day. For this type of race you might consider racing all the box cars and no box cars in their own class until the semis for each class and then randomly pair the last four. The bottom line is we should all have fun at the races. I look forward to racing with all you this year in my foot braked dragster.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Suprcheby, have you ran PRP in the past? Will you be running modified regularly?

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I have raced at PRP about 10 times since 2002. In fact I lost to you in a street final after beating your brother in a quarter final round meeting about three years ago. Over the last several years I have helped my brother and his family at PRP in the Jr. Dragster class. My racing schedule for this year is uncertain due to work requirements. At a minimum I would like to make six races this year. If my schedule permits, I might join the points program and try to make the last spot on the roster. I used to be a die hard points racer years ago. Now I just enjoy racing for the fun.

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I think I have a pretty good idea who you are. Red Monte Carlo by any chance?

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark,

That was the car.

If Iam Batman, who is Robin? I think that would make you the Joker Bob D. Thanks for the compliment Bob. I forgot to mention I like the free food idea. Buyer beware, I have seen Bob D. eat lunch. LOL

Bob Whalen

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Thats who I thought you were. Nice to have you here at DRR.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I definatley agree with balaska on the promoting issue. I am good friends with Michael Beard who does race flyer designs. If they are seriously considering having this race i am sure he would do the flyers for a reasonable cost. Also i know alot of people at Mason Dixon, Numedia and Maple Grove that would definatley consider coming to PRP for a money "no box" race. Cant wait to hang out with everyone at the tree race saturday. Might even bring a BSD driver or two.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mama.i'm doing well just bought a new shinny diamond..and cant wait to bring it out and show it off!!but then again "its only a diamond"!! Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prest911,

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Cool! Hopefully, I can bring out my new car too! Well, it's not new, but new to me! Hope everything is well and good with you and yours. Is your son moving up to a big car, or he is still going to race Jr's?

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post