DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple Nickel II:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
I don't really care what the rules are.

AJ...

It looks like your proposed "Latrobe entries pay double the regular entry fee" rule is a go! Big Grin

It's OK. Miller pays my way.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Some things to think about, just my opinion:

What are the payouts/round money? How many cars do you need to break even? How much profit does the track need to see, 40-60% margin?

In a strong economy I doubt there are enough cars in the local area, let alone the times we are in. I think you need to pull cars in from a larger tri-state region to be effective which takes advertising, whether word of mouth, forums, print adds, etc. And some of that takes money.

What other events are scheduled during the same time frame that compete for the cars you want to pull in?

Is the purse quaranteed or paid out on a pro-rated car count?

For a new event like this it would be wise to benchmark tracks that run a similar event, what their schedule looks like, payouts, entry fees, etc. This will give you a good framework to start with and modify accordingly.

Just thinking out loud.....

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ironman:
Some things to think about, just my opinion:

What are the payouts/round money? How many cars do you need to break even? How much profit does the track need to see, 40-60% margin?

In a strong economy I doubt there are enough cars in the local area, let alone the times we are in. I think you need to pull cars in from a larger tri-state region to be effective which takes advertising, whether word of mouth, forums, print adds, etc. And some of that takes money.

What other events are scheduled during the same time frame that compete for the cars you want to pull in?

Is the purse quaranteed or paid out on a pro-rated car count?

For a new event like this it would be wise to benchmark tracks that run a similar event, what their schedule looks like, payouts, entry fees, etc. This will give you a good framework to start with and modify accordingly.

Just thinking out loud.....

Everything on this list IS being considered Tom, the only thing we/I haven't thought about so far is the guaranteed purse. That is a good topic that will depend a lot on sponsors for the race I believe. If we can get a company or group of companies help we may be in good shape to make it guaranteed.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As Mark said Tom, all those issues you immediately start working on and that's not easy clearing all those hurdles.

We are right now working on sponsors for the purse to be guaranteed, and fine tuning some numbers.

I should know by next week if we can make this thing happen.

Posts: 88 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My two cents. Footbrake or Buttons, doesn't matter to me but I would guess that car count would be higher, allowing transbrake buttons. ET cut off, don't believe this is a biggie but I would keep it high, 15.99, etc. I'm all for not allowing dragsters, nothing against them, just preference. Something else to consider that might draw more cars. Take the same 10 large and split it into a $2500 and $7500, advertising the $7500 as the big race with the smaller as a warm up. For some reason, the larger dollar appeals more to racers. Imagine that. Greg's buying the food, I'm in. Oh yeah, maybe some smaller sponsors for giveaways. Best losing package, best winning package, etc.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think you have to allow transbrake cars to get more entries.

Bikes don't bother me. I think its up to the track (insurance)

Dragsters I would rather not, but wouldn't stop me from entering.

15.99 sounds good to me.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Foot brake race should be exactly as is said. Foot brake. No buttons, no air shifters strictly foot against foot. My 2 cents.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree with christine on the button issue footbrake means footbrake which is what modified should be anyhow all the electronics belong in top...shifters should be allowed just for the fact that it is a safety issue with some faster cars not having to take a hand off the wheel to make the gear change...as far as the ET break 15.99 is good spot. Bikes should be in. Definatley no on the dragster issue. Like balaska said it wouldnt keep me from entering but they dont belong.either do double entry OR buybacks...if you do both it makes for a terrible long day...its like having 3 first rounds. i know you need to make the payout but if the sponsors come through to guarentee the cash then we dont need all of these things.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Guys, and girls, in a perfect world you should be able to say 13.99 and quicker footbrake racers only. Smile It's not a perfect world and it seems that since we have trouble getting cars for these type of races any how it should be anyone without a delay box that runs 15.99 and quicker can race. That means dragsters, bikes, snowmobiles and whatever. Wink First round bybacks, double entries, have buybacks run back to back rounds then just put them back into the eliminator. When your done racing stop it for the night. Remember, there is a crew working the event and you don't want to wear them out running all night and have them come back in the next day dead tired. It's your safety.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I love the idea--BUT, I'm going to have to STRONGLY agree with Tinks--NO BUTTONS--NO AIR SHIFTERS--NO DRAGSTERS-- NO BIKES(THEY USE AIR SHIFTERS)-- It would seem to me that anyone can react with a button much faster, than lifting ur foot. Your finger or thumb is much lighter(less mass) than ur clumsy feet in yer boots!!TRY IT!! I like the idea of the spread payout--means you don't have to drive all day, say 6-7-8 rounds, and have spent $150-200.00, and come away with nothing. I'm going to the World Footbrake Challenge in Bristol this summer,just to watch and see how it's done. This would be a great program for our track--just my $.02--Good Luck, keep it going.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Biddle jr8XX8
posted Hide Post
Count me in unless its FootBrake then im out.

RB: think your going to cut your throat if you make it all footbrake. IMO george howard is one of the most successful race promotors and theres a reason his nobox races are NOBOX instead of footbrake.

Posts: 280 | Location: Burbank, OH | Registered: August 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biddle jr8XX8:
Count me in unless its FootBrake then im out.

RB: think your going to cut your throat if you make it all footbrake. IMO george howard is one of the most successful race promotors and theres a reason his nobox races are NOBOX instead of footbrake.

Agreed 100%. We are in No-Box country, not footbrake country. If we are having a footbrake only race we are eliminating soooo many people. I can and will do either I don't care but there are many that aren't going to footbrake for 150-200 entry, they just don't feel confident racing that way. I also agree with Keith, let em all in. I could care less what type of car/bike. If it doesn't have a delay box in it and it runs quicker than 15.99, take their entry fee, its easier and more people will be eligible.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree you have to let them all in just for a chance to get a good turn out. Letting them all in we still might not get enough so why make it worse. Like keith said in the perfect world I would love for it to be footbrake only but there just isn't enough cars in this area.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Biddle Jr. check your PM's.

Jones Transmission Pumps

DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
My opinion is it dont matter who or what I race, we need this race to happen so lets make it happen, I will be in something even if its the old van (just ask Chuck and Barry) and thats all that matters to me.... We all race because its all about competition and having fun...Plus I know of a beautiful gray camaro that needs a 9 second time slip....

Not bashing anybody just we all want to see this race happen and be a success

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C:
My opinion is it dont matter who or what I race, we need this race to happen so lets make it happen, I will be in something even if its the old van (just ask Chuck and Barry) and thats all that matters to me.... We all race because its all about competition and having fun...Plus I know of a beautiful gray camaro that needs a 9 second time slip....

I'm going on a diet with Miller.....

Not bashing anybody just we all want to see this race happen and be a success

I'm going on a diet with Miller.....

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Deniker on a diet? uh huh. help
By the way, did you find the ice rink?

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Whatever the event format turns out to be i am sure people will support it....even though i along with others are against the transbrake it will definatley be a better car count if you can use it..even though not allowing it evens the playing field....drive the cars, anyone can cut a light lettin go of the button. if we wanted to play with buttons we would sit at home and play PS3. not bashing the button boys just my opinion so dont get upset. anyone who knows me well knows that i speak my mind. whatever the race format turns out to be we will support it!

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
also no trans brake also makes it harder for someone to cheat....dont say it doesnt happen.

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Well, then let everyone in. Delay, transbrake, dragsters, bikes. Just make sure it's a huge bracket race with big bucks to win. Just don't call it a foot brake race, though!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post