DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I can't wait til Friday now... since the Smokeybones Shootout is moved to Sunday, I am going to try to get out of work a little earlier tomorrow and try to qualify for it.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
weather looks good for this weekend

Posts: 517 | Location: columbus ohio | Registered: August 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Coming over, 82nhrata? If so, what are you running? Bring friends! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I forgot to throw a huge shout out to Ron McClelland. His Coronet is on page 38 of the December 2006 Hot Rod Magazine, pulling the wheels up nicely, in a shot from the York/US 30 reunion. Sweet!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is a nice pic in hot rod, but think he may be done doing that after smushing the oil pan sat..the traction was incredible. Who ended up winning Sun elminations and the smokey bones race?

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
No-box - Singer, from QC, in the '64 Nova, lost to Carey Hodge from TMP.

Box - Rich Paton III in the dragster lost to Joey Coccia's '88 Omni from BSD.

Smokeybones - I went -.002 red in the second round, !@#$%%^*(_(**&)&%$%. At 5 cars, Josh Riestcha, Randy Duncan, Scott Campbell, and I can't remember who the other 2 are split, $400 each. They raced for the trophy, though I don't know why. If the split was already done, just draw a name/lottery it, and don't beat up the equipment. Anyway, Josh nipped Randy by .0062 in the final.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you had a good weekend, Richy.
I was a much nicer weekend than what I expected weather wise. We didn't do very well, but had a good time anyway.
Steve

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Mark Romeo>
posted
quote:
and I can't remember who the other 2 are split

????????????

quote:
They raced for the trophy, though I don't know why. If the split was already done, just draw a name/lottery it, and don't beat up the equipment.

Some people say the reason we race is fun...could that have a hand in it? Maybe?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

I had a really screwed up day that started by getting tattoed by Rich Paton Jr in Airship Camaro. Then the car wouldn't start in 1st round buyback, but got it running and forgot to take off the rev limiter after the burnout. Won the next round of welfare, to go on to the final. My lights ranged from .012 to .095, and had no rhyme or reason as to the outcome of each changing reaction. I actually think my 10 year old trans button might need replaced. The car was on the mark, which carried my lucky a$$ through!

It was a close final, but not close enough for me. I was .016 behind at the finish.

At least I got the dialed in for South Carolina in two weeks.

Congrats to all the winners this weekend, and to Russ and Allison Benish on their nuptuals!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Man that guy from TMP was one heckuva racer. I dont know about anybody else, but i know all of us up at our pits (buds auto sales pits) thought the program was run absoutely phenomenal this past weekend. Nice and quick, good track, program ran fast,it was really nice. We thought the staff this weekend did an awesome job.

And def congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Benish!

Mark-The word on the street is Kevin knocked off an 11.4something in your car?

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Kyle, Yeah the word on the street is right, Kevin ran an 11.42 which was one of my greatest concerns. Knowing the car would run 11.40's with him in the seat I was afraid to let him do it knowing some sore loser or whiner would go and tell tech that the car didn't have a roll bar which of course did happen. Tech did say something and they also said that they understood why he was running the car and that it would be at most a 5 round race and they were not worried about it. So all in all it was a good evening with him going 3 rounds in a car he had never ran eliminations in before at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mark Romeo>,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
has anyone heard anything about the banquet yet?
i have been checking the site but all the links are gone at the top of the page.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I am pretty sure that the banquet is going to be at the Lamplighter in Delmont(next to the GetGo). That was the latest location that I have heard about. Not sure about the date.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I got to agree with you Kyle, the program went very, very well over the weekend, from what I saw.

Mark, is that with the Vortect heads? Are you looking at adding some pipe over the winter?

You could kind of tell it was the end of the year and eveyones junk was getting tired
(smoke and oildowns).

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Mark Romeo>
posted
The car should be heading for a roll cage in about 2-3 weeks. Yes, that was with the vortec heads, I didn't change anything at all. I ran 11.59 so I was ok, it only went that fast with Kevin driving it. Almost 2 tenths for less than 100 lbs difference it was kinda wierd.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Hey everybody, congratulations to me. I won my swim meet saturday night! Thank you, thank you.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i just saw on beaver springs site that it was offically announced that PRP will host the 2007 div 3 bracket finals.
i wonder why it isnt on prp's site?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tony, I think I'm even happier to have been at the wedding.

I'm sure PRP will announce in due time if it's correct. I can recall Bob spilling the beans earlier than he was supposed to on other things before too.

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah Bob does get a little bit ahead of himself sometimes I think.

Definately glad I was at the wedding after seeing the costume pictures on the website...lol.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HAHA Wow...talk about things you really didnt want to see, especially first thing in the morning...

Is anybody planning on going to the turkey race at Hagerstown?