DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
AT WHAT POINT DO YOU TELL YOURSELF THAT YOUR DRAGSTER IS JUST TO OLD.MY SON AND I ARE STILL RACING LAURIE CANISTER'S 1996 S&W SUPER COMP CAR.WE HAVE UP DATED THE CHASSIS(BACK HALF MONO SHOCK)AND IT NOW HAS A PRO TAG ON IT.WE RUN TOP DRAGSTER WITH IT 6.80@ 195 MPH ALL THE TIME.I CHECK THE TUBING REGULARLY BUT JUST WONDER IF IT'S JUST TIME.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
with the way that dragsters have evolved...id say its time to update. new cars work better. your car 13 years old. thats very old for a dragster. if i was you tho...id sell the dragster and get a doorslammer. wayy cooler in my opinion haha

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
If it ain't broke.....Well you know the rest. There is a ton of races being won with older cars. Unless there is issues with it.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Practice tree race updates...

AJ went to see Bob George this weekend, and Bob donated hats, tshirts, a Willys diecast, and an Auto Meter gauge for door prizes. Thanks Bob!

Dean Pollock, of Dean's Racing Engines, has once again offered his support. He and Linda will be bringing the awesome Texas lasagna, and Dean has donated $100 for us to add into the purse! Thanks Dean!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
chuck,
it may be a good idea to see if prp would put an announcement up on their site to try to draw more people, not everyone knows that DRR is here.
just a thought

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
I would never call a car to old or say its time to sell because of being old, like I said Im not selling my car because its old I will race that car forever but I want another American with the new body style and a couple other little options that are new, my car has just about everything you could put on a dragster but would sell if someone wants it, that thing is my baby, But if it dont sell then Chuck is just going to have to pay for all the wings cause I will just have to work o.t. to save up and have two. It dont matter what your driving old, new, anybody can win in anything. And for the door-car, dragster thing all I can say is they are two different worlds, got them both and love them both, cant knock it until you try it lol. Our 68 Camaro has been a racecar for most of its life and works great and I enjoy driving that as much as the dragster. I will drive anything that anyone will put me in but just cant seem to get BOB to let me drive that Camaro once or twice haha man I love that car

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C:
But if it dont sell then Chuck is just going to have to pay for all the wings

C'mon Scotty.....

I'm BROKE!!!!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty C:
But if it dont sell then Chuck is just going to have to pay for all the wings

C'mon Scotty.....

I'm BROKE!!!!!!

Big Grin

Man if Chucks broke too I may have to enter Scotty in the practice tree race.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Thanks AJ, Chuck you need to take notes off AJ. Your post made me dust off the tree and hit it like 200 times man was I rusty but will be ready for the bottom bulb, this pic is for you Chuck if it works if not I emailed it to you lol

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have a blast winning with 20 year old technology and a little ingenuity. My wallet really likes it alot. Old race cars never die, they just keep winning!

Hey Bob D. thanks for getting Keith on the right track a while ago. He must be getting old.
LOL

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
[IMG:top] [/IMG]

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Scotty its like riding a bicycle it comes right back to you.

AJ your gonna have to enter me too if Chuck is broke. Big Grin

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Scotty, I like the pic. Never thought to run my air compressor off the Tree, LOL. It's been awhile since I've been on here so Happy New Year to you all and best of luck in this New Year! I see it's been asked several times about updates at the track, does anyone know anything? Looking forward to the early opening, let's hope winter breaks early.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure if it was mentioned or not, but fellow PRP Racer Henry Williams passed away this past Sunday. Henry raced a green Ninja(i think?) in our motorcycle class. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

quote:
The Tedesco's and Pittsburgh Raceway staff send their deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Henry Williams who passed away on Sunday. More details on any arrangements will be posted here when we hear something.

Posts: 114 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
God speed Henry! Our sincere sympathy to The Williams Family.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear that, Beth and I send our condolences.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Scotty, you can drive my car whenever you want. I would like to see a 9 second timeslip. I know it won't pick up 5 and a half tenths like Gregs car, I just neeed a half tenth.

Bob W, did you have a bad lifter?

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences to Henry's family and friends. The bike pits are going to be missing a large presence this year. From the Tribune Review, there wasn't details yet, but listed the funeral home as Mason-Gelder Funeral Home in Jeannette.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Scotty, you'll dust off the tree, but you won't dust off your wallet!! It's full of all that stuff you won, so you can cover me and Mikey! Big Grin

Bob, do you have enough pillows and phone books in the car so Scotty can reach the pedals?? I don't know if he's tall enough to get on that ride. Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Henry, but this past season I walked past him in the pits and said something to him ( and I forget what it was ) but we both got to laughing. I wished him luck racing that day and went on my way. God speed to you Henry, we'll all miss you at PRP.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post