DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You the man Chuck, check your PM. Floyd we have a drag racing friend from down under that comes here to visit for a month every Dec. He has what looks like a Holden Pro Mod thing. Marty will come back if he likes guns as they are forbidden for the most part down there. Tomorrow I start the proto call for my colonostapy wend....hate it but time to go. 70 and raining here today.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, Marty's company, Turbosmart, is based in Sydney. And all the manufacturers he warehouses and distributes for are Australian Companies. His warehouse and logistics business is 3P Connect here in Cucamonga. Everything they do is automotive related. You will see his Turbosmart decals on a lot of the fastest streetcars as well as promods in NHRA.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! I hope yinz had a good weekend. It was warm here, mid 50s yesterday. Wake up this morning, surprise, 3" of new snow and slippery roads, making the morning commute a mess.

Fern, I hope you get through the prep and then the colonoscopy fine.

Floyd, that's some good stuff for Marty. Sounds like ya done good, dad.

You all have a great night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all!!! Weekend weather was nice but rain is coming in for the whole week and some of the weekend. It’s weekend just worked and rested around the house. last week I was in Pomona it just for dinner with a couple of racers, that was a great time.

Chuck, next race is two day in Tucson, but I’ll
Only race one of the two, the following is at Wild horse 3 weekend in March and that’s a 4 race weekend. So I’m just kicking back and waiting.

Floyd, March meet coming up fast, hope your going!

Everyone have a Great Day!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck. I'm proud of all my kids. Only thing I taught them was work ethic.
Yeah, Nick. We will be at the March Meet.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys hope all is going well. Vday went well with wife. Got her massage a couple months from now before she pops the third kid out. I will have to put up pics soon of the kitchen. Almost done.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Survived colonoscopy. poop chute clean as a whistle. Next health thing is to get knee straightened out.....must be that age thing catching up with me.....supposed to go to Greensboro car show this weekend and catch up with the NC racing scene. should be a nice weekend for that. everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern great news about your health. A car show sounds fun, have a great time. You taking a hot rod to the show?

Carmaroracer, #3 ready for release already, wow time fly's. Would love to see the photos and is it kind of lonely since some of the family left? How is your dads race car doing ?

Floyd, are we going to see some photos of you at March Meet its year? I hope so.....

Chuck what's going on ? Sent some warmer weather did you get it yet?

Have a great Thursday guys.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, I hope to get some pictures. I haven't seen the truck to down the track in a long time. It's going to be fun to watch.
Fern, that's a little too much information. You could have just said test turned out good. LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... TGIF been a long week . I had to work this week, just not fair is it. been raining last couple or days , we really need it as it has not rained in 6 months. I'm going to do a little cleaning and maintenance this weekend on the car. Some of the S/ST guys are trying to get me to run the divisional , But I just can not see me wasting all that money and time. Its just not me to be apart of that game.

Floyd, hope you post a lot of photos, by the way you been spoiling Buddy lately? Haha

Chuck, you work on that Olds yet? Could use a wash and dry.....

Everyone have a great weekend .... Ice Cream on Saturday night is my plan.....

Relaxing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! Hope you've had a good weekend. We had a couple days of rain, and Thursday was pretty heavy, even a tornado south, close to Mark Romeo. The fountain at Point State Park, which you see at the confluence when the networks cover Steelers games, was about under water on Friday when I went walking after work. Then snow yesterday, and warming up nicely this week.

Nick, just waiting for some warmer weather, before I can change the oil and check things over before getting at it. I do want to put a shine on it, something I'm not known for!

Floyd, 2 weeks to the Meet, right?

1258, sounds like you did good for the Hallmark holiday. Happy wife, happy life, I head. Big Grin

Fern, I hope the car show was good. Get that knee taken care of, so you can use it to kick some butt!

You all have a good night.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Car show was good even if my walking was limited.....My friend and fellow Oldsmobile bracket racer James Lockhart was inducted into the NC racing hall of fame. Been racing the same Olds W30 442 all its life. Getting MRI on knee tomorrow. My car is ready so got to get me ready.....Things start moving down here in the Carolinas March 3 at Darlington....Chuck do Olds racers in general just not wash their cars? Think about it.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All....had a wet weekend but that didn't stop me from working on the car , I notice a radiator bracket had broke so I fixed that and replace some old grade 8 bolts on my ladder bars... that was a pain , but needed to be done.

Chuck, sounds like you got a plan. I was always the guy that when to the track clean and waxed. This Satin Black car is really saving me a lot of time , dust the car off polish the wheels and go have fun.....LOL

Fern, In one of these threads you listed a bunch of your holdings , and I was wondering how the heck do you keep up with it all... I got one house , one truck , and one race car
and barely keep ahead on the game...haha

Floyd, the days are counting down to March Meet, You take Buddy with you?

Have A Great Day guy's.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick, it's Woody and my daughter is going to take care of him. The hotel is let friendly but I don't have a motor home for him to stay in.
Marty just got back from Australia this morning and he's going to get the truck detailed and all I have to do is air the tires on the trailer and lube the bearings. We are taking minimal tools this time cause I don't have a lot anymore after last year.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Nick, it's Woody and my daughter is going to take care of him. The hotel is let friendly but I don't have a motor home for him to stay in.
Marty just got back from Australia this morning and he's going to get the truck detailed and all I have to do is air the tires on the trailer and lube the bearings. We are taking minimal tools this time cause I don't have a lot anymore after last year.

Sorry I got Buddy on the brain, a friends new puppy named Buddy... haha It's my Monday ...OPPS

I believe that's about the third time I did that....dang

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all. What a beautiful day, really wanted to play hooky. Sunny and low 70s. I was able to work from home, so the evening commute was awesome. Bad thing is, I didn't really get to enjoy the weather, with work. Then after, I had to clean out my Jetta. I got rear ended yesterday, and pushed into the box truck in front of me. Guy says his foot slipped off the brake, but he wasn't slowing down. No air bags, but I'm thinking the car will be totaled. 15 years old, 139k, the door is sticking, and the windshield cracked around the center, guessing the unibody twisted. I always wear my seat belt (and you all should be too!!!), and would have been into the steering wheel and windshield had I not. Banged my knee on the column, shoulder and neck are a little sore, got xrayed to be sure, and got what I was expecting, rest, take ibuprofen, see my doc if it gets worse.

Fern, sounds like a good time. I think I saw on Lisa King's or Angela Macy's FB a couple weeks ago that James was being inducted. I hope you get the knee back in order. I do want to get my car clean for opening day at least. Big Grin

Nick, cleaning has never been my forte. Nice you got all that stuff taken care of. Are you racing this weekend?

Floyd, I sure hope you don't have any issues like that this year. Gotta like that, truck will be all ready to go for you.

You all have a good night, and be sure to buckle up.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your accident Chuck, hope your not to banged up. Even tho not your fault probably will turn out to be a big pain in the butt

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck,
You can always get another Jetta? Is that a car? Glad you are okay.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick the trick is to just get it done and if it don't, don't worry about it. + I been down sizing some because I just have to much stuff for sure....Went to Dr today for MRI on knee so we will see where that goes. It has been pretty hateful lately for sure but life goes on.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Nick the trick is to just get it done and if it don't, don't worry about it. + I been down sizing some because I just have to much stuff for sure....Went to Dr today for MRI on knee so we will see where that goes. It has been pretty hateful lately for sure but life goes on.

Fern , I sure wish I could not worry about it like you say. But people who know me see I just can't stop going till its right in my mind, I'm sure its a character flaw. I hope your MRI comes with good news from the Dr.