DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like test and tune tonight will get rained out, but weather for tomorrow looks great, clear, sunny, mid 60s. First day of points, plus the track has a Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock class about once a month, that has a lot of cool cars.

Fern, sorry she is still in ICU, but smiling and good mood sounds promising. Mike is active on FB, seems good.

J, that's a lot of work. Definitely the right call to go home with the car the same way you started the event.

It's that time again... go get some ice cream with the good people in your life. If no one can go, you're good people, so take yourself.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Been at hospital all day. They moved her into a regular room this after noon so things are improving---1st day of Rockingham race got cancelled--rain. Hope they get it done tomorrow and the next day.....Got two 1/2 gallons of ice cream on the way home. Might make me feel better. Still no Mike? Guess he moved to face place Frown

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mitchell is in the national digger in the all female finals article. #3 on the list.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Michelle was a tic late in rd 2 and broke out by .003.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
We had a little moisture during the night. My driveway is a little wet.
Had a birthday party for my Mom last night to celebrate her 95th coming Tuesday the 27th. Had to have it Sunday for some that came in from out of town. Only 3 of her kids were there but there must have been 30 or so grand children and great grand children in attendance. She has a new great great grand child but hey couldn't come up from San Diego. She was quite pleased with the party. She had shrimp and lobster while the rest of us had Italian. I must admit my brother made some of the best meatballs I have ever eaten. He made a great sauce and served it over rotini which held the sauce better than spaghetti. He had made 125 meatballs and at the last minute did 25 more. There weren't any left. Maybe there were more that 30 or so grand kides. Funny, my one brother and I were talking about ages of the kids. His oldest is 48 and my oldest is 50. My 30 year old grandaughter was there. Not too bad, from a baby to a 50 year old grand son. Quite a spread of ages.
And no fights or gun fire. Two of my brothers had some words at the end about how many more birthdays she might have. Ya never know as we get a lot older.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My Mom and Dad were prolific. They had 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 girl. I have 4 kids and 8 grand kids. My brother has 1 daughter and 1 grand son. He's an under achiever. My sister has 3 kids, 6 grand kids and one great grand child. My next brother has 3 daughters and a son. I think he has 6 grand kids. My last brother has 3 girls and so far 3 grand kids. 2 of his girls aren't married yet. That makes for a sh$t pot full of off spring. Mom has every reason to be proud.
That's roll call for the Staggs family. I knew you all wanted to know. Laughing Rolling

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another chamber of commerce ordered day here, low 80s and sunny. Had a great weekend, went 3 rounds in Modified, and 4 in Street. In the second time trial for Modified, I hit it, and think, man that was good, look up, and see .000 on my scoreboard. Sweet! Probably sitting on the bye for first round. Then I look at the left lane, and my buddy Mark Romeo is .000! We had to wait til we got the timeslips to see who had the better 4th digit. .0008 and I'm "treed" by a .0003! That was really cool though. And Mark went on to get the bye first round, and win the race.

Fern, good to hear of the improvement. I hope that ice cream made you feel better. Mike is out there and around... he and I saw you on Facebook. Smile

Michelle, tough racing, but you always do great, win or lose!

Floyd, that is good stuff. I enjoyed the roll call. We'll have something like that this weekend. My oldest niece graduates college Sunday, and we'll gather somewhere Saturday to eat and kabitz.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, we are spread all over California, Oregon and Arizona. Kinda hard to get all together.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,so sorry Fern I've been saying prayers for ma Fern,I'm hoping she'll get back up and smiling a lot more soon......

Yea sorry for being gone so long,for some reason I can't seem to keep up no matter how hard I go,I know why but I just ain't willing to except I can't get it all done,finally got my garage floor down concrete expensive but so is cheeseburgers,lol,sounds like to me all y'all fellers have it going on,and taking care of business,listen y'all take care I ain't going to say a word about getting back to normal,I'm just going to say I'm getting after IT,still can't tell what IT looks like but when I find out I'm going to let y'all know first,sweet tea for all,especially Chuck........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all.

Floyd, sounds like you had some good food there. I don't have much family around here on my side at least. My wife's family (including relatives) is about 2-3 times the size of mine.

I will be testing the wagon this weekend at Cecil. Actually very nervous about anything breaking on the car. 1 to 2 shift is there, but not feeling the third. I think the converter is that high of a stall that it's just not shifting. It's definitely a little more aggressive for the street.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I want a nap. Sleep

Floyd, my parents, younger sister and her family, and I are here. My oldest brother and his family is east, outside of Philly. My older brother, when he is on land, is in San Fran. My youngest sister is in AZ. We're hard to get together too, last time was almost 2 years ago.

Mike, good that you're getting after IT, especially if IT is sweet tea. Big Grin

1258, good luck testing. Always remember there is another pass if something doesn't feel right. How fresh is the trans? If you pedal it, does it shift into third? What converter?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Trans is basically stock. Has 3600 stall converter from Trans Specialties. Still not feeling it shift even if pedaling. I have yet to try wide open throttle anywhere too. It may shift into third when I try that but time will tell. Doesn't help that the rear went from a 2.73 geared rear to a posi 3.73.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had a great weekend, went 3 rounds in Modified, and 4 in Street. In the second time trial for Modified, I hit it, and think, man that was good, look up, and see .000 on my scoreboard. Sweet! Probably sitting on the bye for first round. Then I look at the left lane, and my buddy Mark Romeo is .000! We had to wait til we got the timeslips to see who had the better 4th digit. .0008 and I'm "treed" by a .0003! That was really cool though. And Mark went on to get the bye first round, and win the race.

I saw this post this morning!! Sounds like you had a great time... Very cool....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

1258, I have a BTE manual valve body and their parts in my 350. When I blew up my BBO it took out the trans case too. When I came back out with a fresh rebuild, it wouldn't shift into 3rd. Took a little tail chasing and a talk to BTE. Had to drop the valve body out, and the plates, then look at the plates to see if there were passages being blocked by the gaskets. There was, punched them out, all good since.

J, it was really cool. I wish someone had gotten a pic of us from behind, with the .000s up on the boards.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have this screeching noise going on, but my dad said lets take a chance. If it blows up, we will put a glide in it. Pretty much his words. I will let you guys know how it does. Taking Friday off to get it all prepared.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Years back I had 11.20s Vega with a 350 turbo.... One second gear footbrake start kill it, LOL
Got a BTE glide was a tenth faster, install was very easy. Moved rear trans mount a little and it uses a different shifter cable. Drive shaft was also good to go. At the time trans was $1195.00 and freight to AZ was $65. The car was deadly after that, something about the way the combo was set up with the 350 turbo the sixty's always varied a bunch. Sure wish I never sold that car..... crying

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning folks. Well Mama is supposed to get out of hospital this afternoon and go back to rehab place. Don't know if that is good or bad....Don't guess I will be racing this week as I need to pay attention to her and the rehab place is awful on the weekends. Glad you stuck your head up Mike, had me worried. You all have a good day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Weather is looking iffy up here for this weekend. Cloudy, gray, and drizzling out there now. Current forecast has chance of rain increasing tomorrow just as we'd be going into eliminations.

1258, good luck and have a blast. I hope the weather cooperates for you.

J, love my BTE converter and manual valve body. What year Vega?

Fern, I hope all goes well with getting out of the hospital. Check the Milodon pan thread on ROP, if you haven't lately.

My oldest niece graduates from Pitt on Sunday, so family will be in, and ice cream for sure. You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HEY GUY'S !! Good morning sounds like everyone is headed for the weekend...

Chuck, sent you some old photo's of the Vega wagon . 1972.... sure do miss it , gave it away $7,100 turn key running 10.80s at 3,400 adjusted... car was bought by a car collector in NC then sold to Mitch Raynor in Dunkirk MD

Hope everyone racing best of luck, everyone else have a good weekend...... Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck---I got the pan today Double Thumbs up