DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern lost Sat .011 light dead on 7 to a .010 light dead on 1. Sunsay? Well I must have had a senior moment 2nd round as they claimed I timed out Eyes Never did that in 55+ years of racing. But it happened to a few others as well. Confused

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man, 20 degrees in the morning feels really cold in April. BBrrrrr. Some places around the city got hit with a quick snow, and it made for some icy spots and a mess in the morning commute.

Fern, I'll take an .018 package every run. You just had the wrong spot in line on that one. I think that may be last way I have to lose, timing out. Knock on wood, it will be a long time before it happens. I have had it happen once in a time trial.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern when others said they were timed out too I have a weird feeling about that one. Either way nothing you can do about it now. Hope everyone is doing well.

ChuckT we had the same freezing temps this morning too. This weather is bipolar.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Brand new track and none of the people running it have ever ran one before. This was their first race and you can expect some problems. First time I ever saw a movie played on the score board Eyes

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day! Supposed to get into the 60s today, but it was 20s out there again leaving this morning. 1258, this weather is definitely bi polar. 50s tomorrow, 40s Friday, 30s Saturday.

Fern, I don't think I've seen a movie played on a racetrack scoreboard. I have seen it at PNC Park, good old Warner Brothers cartoons up on the big board during rain delays. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We had Talladega Nights and Street Outlaws....and you could read the numbers and if you won it said "WINNER" in big letters at the top. Fern is about blind and could read it clear as a bell. Hope everyone is doing good.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Now that's a great score board... cartoons and big winners.... sounds like the best of both worlds....

Chuck , Did I see on the weather report you had snow or was I dreaming while doing my couch time?? Hum

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED supposedly up ****her northeast near CT they got about 8" of snow recently.

There's a chance for flurries on Saturday which is when I plan on going to Maple Grove's flea market.

Here's a quick clip of the Wagon after the exhaust was put on. It is actually a lot quieter than I thought it would be.

https://youtu.be/VYYPUtJSu6U

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Psycho April continues, in the 50s today, after a nice day yesterday. It was good baseball weather, especially with the Bucs sweeping the Cards. The Cutlass is back on the ground, just a couple small things left to do at Matt's before we fire it up.

Sounds like a good time, Fern, and an impressive upgrade there.

J, yep. About 2 hours after racing Saturday, snow was mixing in with the rain, switched to all snow, and gave us a coating on the cars and grass. We're looking at snow tomorrow and Saturday, maybe an inch or 2. I don't think we're racing Saturday.

1258, wagon sounds great!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey I'm up and alive (I think) Good Morning to everyone.. I'm still bummed out about being able to make Spring Fling this year (still short on crew at work)..... weather in southwest has been real hot for March and April so far....Sorry to hear about your weather, but I wish we could cool down just 10 degrees that would be close to normal ...

Chuck, you making head way on the olds ... I hope so...

Camaroracer , sound real good to me.. no ear plugs needed... LOL

Fern, I'm glad last weekend was a good time for you and your family members.... Nice to hear...

Mike, what's up? How you doing... Give us a update on your projects....

Have a great Hump Day ....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. It's Friday. I'm planning on taking a couple hours of PTO just because. I need to get a couple things done around the house. They are supposedly calling for a couple inches tomorrow here. Oh Lovely.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
A little wet out here but that ain't goin to bother me and Buddy. I hope it doesn't screw up the division race in Vegas.
Gotta a funny one for ya. The director of operations at work is a nosey SOB that opens all packages and mail that comes into work. He definetly has some insecurity issues. He's done something in his past that is haunting him. I ordered a green dildo from Amazon to be delivered to the office. It's green cause his name is Greenlee. It should be there today or Monday and I know he will open it cause I don't work Fridays or Mondays and it would just kill him for it to sit on my desk for a few days. My boss and oe of the girls is in on it so I don't need to be there. I can't wait till Tuesday.
Y'all have a gooden. Rolling Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd you ain't right Rolling Been pretty busy this week---supposed to be real cold here tomorrow, 28 at night. Got to cover up Mamas flowers and drain water out of motor home. They are racing Sat but I don't need that torture, wind and cold. No thanks....everyone have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, I know I ain't right. Just want to teach him a lesson. I've told him several times if it has my name on it, don't open it. Now I gotta find some one to give it to. Rolling

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Woke up to another coating of snow on the car and grass, and we could get a couple inches by tomorrow night. This is April, right? Crazy. I don't think we're racing this weekend. Hopefully weather is better for next weekend, especially if the Cutlass is ready.

1258, it's always good to take some time off. I hope you score some bargains if you go to the MG swap meet, if they have it.

Floyd, that is hysterical, thanks for the laughs! Big Grin

Fern, stay warm down there. Funny how 28 in January feels warm up here, but in April it's &^^%# freezing.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time! And I mean it, go get some with the good people in your life.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Still a little wet out here but it looks like it's going to dry up.
My dog, Buddy, has amazing hearing. I was having a cup of coffee this morning and saw a cup cake sitting on the counter. I thought that would be a good snack before breakfast. As soon as I started eating it Buddy woke up from a sound sleep on the couch and came in and wanted some. Obviously he can hear me chew.Had to give him a treat cause when I get a treat, he gets one.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd that's some funny **** right there with the dildo.

Chcuk, they rescheduled the flea market to Sunday and all of a sudden I just didn't feel like going.

Wife was off yesterday, and now the Malibu is back in my possession at the house. Time to get some little things done.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Crazy April weather continues. Had about an inch or so of snow on the car when I woke up Saturday. A little warmer yesterday, but not much. Raining some today, so temps are moving in the right direction. I'm hoping the forecast holds as it looks right now, 70 and dry for Saturday. There was fire in the pipes yesterday for the Olds, and I got the MT pro bracket radials mounted Saturday, so I am ready to test.

Floyd, Buddy is no fool. Sleep til it's time for a snack. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
There is a saying out there, Are you owned by a rescue dog? It's true. I rescued him and if I eat, he eats too. If I have a snack he gets his treats. Yep, he's got me trained pretty well.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning guys. Random thing for today. I looked down the list of "money" races, and boy does it seem to always favor the top bulb racers. What's the deal with that?

Wish I could attend some of the VA races like the Triples 10s. Always falls on Memorial Day weekend which the wife loves to go to the beach.

Also ChuckT, noticed Cecil's 10ks are the weekend before the Pittsburgh race. Might be tough for me to get out there, but I'm not giving up.