DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Our Utility Company settles up with us at the end of the year because we have 24 solar panels on the roof. This year, like last year they issued a (worthless) credit. The panels harvested more electricity than we used, unfortunately they don’t send us a check or let us apply that credit toward the natural gas bill and they don’t roll it over into next year. I wonder if I can apply that as a State and or Federal tax credit, probably not.

The panels did however reduce our monthly electric bill from a 12 month average of $244 to less than $140 so it was worth the initial investment (0), we have a 20 year lease on the panels.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Been a bit busy, long days at work, but now I'm off for the rest of the year. Nothing planned except seeing family and friends, all the good stuff.

Nick, it's the usual December weather out here. We bounce from 30s up or down 10 degrees or so. We haven't had a lot of snow as of yet, looks like we won't this week either. I'm glad you're getting to go racing next weekend.

Fern, I've had aunts and uncles go through the knee replacement, all with success. I hope it goes as well for you.

Floyd, you're making me hungry and thirsty, but mostly hungry. I'm not a whisky drinker, prefer good beer.

Barry, good luck with the 427 parts.

Bob, good to see you in, and hope you're doing well. Nice deal with the solar panels. I've been wondering if race tracks could benefit from that kind of arrangement.

You all have a good night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got my rebate from our electric Co Op, gas wells producing nicely, and got some new renters. Then property tax on properties, wells, etc. plus insurance on it all. Just about broke even.
Chuck my female companion had a full replacement last May and 6 weeks later pushed me in a wheel chair all the way to the top of the Dolly Wood park in Pigeon Forge. Hope I do as well with same Dr. Whats with these Olds and headers anyway? You all have a merry Christmas

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas y’all!

Thanks Chuck!
Bob and Fern, I’m pretty fortunate here. Place came with 48 Solar panels. Right now we have a 1350$ credit but we square up in Jan. Jan will be 1 year in the new place so now I have a pretty good idea what I need for future shop planning.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys. Just coming in here to say Merry Christmas guys. I hope you have a good one.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, Merry Christmas!

Fern, good to hear it went well for her, and that you have someone to keep you in line. Big Grin It looks like this one cracked before. I never had the problem in the '69 (which is for sale officially, if you know anyone looking) in the 20 years I've had it.

1258, good to see you stopping by, I hope you're having a great time with the family. I love to see my nieces and nephews enjoy everything about Christmas.

You all have a great day, wishing it is filled with good times with family and friends.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,

Got through Christmas with not even a scratch.
I even got let out of doing my prime rib roast. Marty decided he was going to do it all and who am I to argue. All I had to do was bring my world famous deviled eggs. He did a 16 lb rib roast and it was fantastic. Smoked it for 5 hours over this special blend of wood a buddy of his told him about, a 10lb ham and all the fixins. Had about 20 people and he even surprised me with a bottle of JW Blue Label. Gotta love that boy. He takes care of his dad.
It's getting a bit frosty out here so Woody and I gotta back off on our evening cruises. He said he don't care but I said I do. These old bones don't take the cold like they used to.
Y[all have a gooden and Fern, good luck with the new knee. Piece of cake.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No date for the knee yet. Went to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC for a couple of days for their Christmas festivities and visited the Vanderbuilt house, and Billy Grahams church also. That is a pretty interesting area. Drove up to Baltimore and back the same day Wend to take care of some business. 700mi round trip and that I-95 was awful coming South. I went up in 5 1/2 hours ant it took over 8 to get back. Never saw so many cars but I guess with the Govt shut down all they have to do is ride around. Noah would be happy here since we have had the most rain in history, don't think it is ever going to stop.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to wish everyone on DRR a safe and Happy New Year.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year, Bob.

Hey Nick,

Bryan's all ready to defend next year.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty darn cool Floyd!
Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning, happy new year to everyone

Floyd That looks really good on Brian’s car

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
According to Ryan hand painted gold leaf.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

It's still cold out here and been raining since last nite. I think winter is here and So Cal Gas Co. loves me and Woody. It would probably be colder if it wasn't raining. Funny how this happens every year about the same time. What's this climate change they are talking about?

Y'all have a gooden. Blue Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd it has been high 60s low 70s here in NC the last few days and the monsoon stopped a couple of days ago and the sun is bright. I removed the motor in the race car this past week finishing yesterday. Had to take it out to either fix or replace the headers. Hookers drop right in headers that I had to cut every tube on to get in have cracked at the flange on 2 tubes on the passenger side. Probably weld them up and put them back as I don't feel like the drama of making a new set fit. Looking good here on the East coast.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
We got up to 54* yesterday till the clouds came in.
I used to run Hooker super comp headers but they made my exhaust hang to low. When weput the bigger motor in I had a local guy build me a set of 2 1/8" equal length that raised the exhaust up inside the frame rails. Work great but it's a ***** to change the plugs. That was when I was still working and I didn't mind spending money on the race car. Now I let Marty buy all the stuff. He's going down under next week but when he gets back he's gotta put in the new 4 row aluminum radiator, new fans and new Messurie water pump he bought. He's the one making the big bucks so let him buy. LOL
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Happy New Year! I hope everyone had great holidays, and wonderful times with family and friends. I sure did. One of the coolest things was going to the Roberto Clemente museum here in Pittsburgh with my dad. I was 5 when he passed, so I never got to see him play. What a man and player. I highly recommend it, if you ever get the chance.

Floyd, what's your version of cold? We've been pretty decent for the most part this winter, in the 30s in the day. Yesterday was awesome, high 40s and sunny.

Fern, I need to get mine welded up too. I want to do it soon, even though these 3 months will seem like they take forever, the new season will be here quickly.

Nick, how did you do last weekend?

You all have a good night.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Welded up the Hookers today. Tried to TIG weld them but coating made it a pain so I MIG welded them. Don't look as good but they will work and it was free. 70 here today once more. You are right Chuck it won't be long.....you gonna get out of there for at least 1 race this year?
Got bad news today as one of our Pageland racers has taken his own life--over a woman! Damn shame for such a young man to end his own life this way. Keep on getting on here so we can keep in touch

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all Hope the new year brings you good things , lots of racing and good health are most important!

Fern, you inspired me to no end !

Have a great day!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Marty's trip down under got delayed. Daughter in law started having terrible stomach pains Sunday and wound up in the hospital. They found gall stones and pancreatitus. Put her on antibiotics and flushed her system out overnight. Yesterday they did a MRI and said the gall bladder has to come out. Went right from MRI to surgery and just under an hour later it was done. Surgeon said everything went well and she will be going home this morning. It's amazing how they do that surgery. It was explained to us and all and all it's pretty simple. Just 3 small incisions. Looks like all will be good going forward.

It's still cold out here and we are supposed to get some more rain today. Gotta figure out something warm and simple for dinner. No grilling steaks tonight.

Y'all have a gooden. Blue Man HMMMM