DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Vaccine approved, any takers?
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 85
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine approved, any takers?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Consistant Spin, very interesting

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by consistent spin:
https://www.zerohedge.com/covi...know-covid-cribsheet

Most of that is good info, with the exception of the WILDLY false assertion that "There has been NO unusual excess mortality."

United States Mortality Data
2015 2,712,630
2016 2,744,248 +31,618
2017 2,813,503 +69,255
2018 2,839,205 +25,702
2019 2,854,838 +15,633
2020 3,358,814 +503,976
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm

...and their unscientific and unsupported conspiracy theory that covid is magically the flu in disguise. Influenza and coronaviruses may create similar symptoms in patients, but they are completely different viruses.

Influenza viruses are Orthomyxoviridae. They are a NEGATIVE single strand RNA.
Realm: Riboviria
Kingdom: Orthornavirae
Phylum: Negarnaviricota
Class: Insthoviricetes
Order: Articulavirales
Family: Orthomyxoviridae

Coronaviruses are Coronaviridae. They are a POSITIVE single strand RNA.
Realm: Riboviria
Kingdom: Orthornavirae
Phylum: Pisuviricota
Class: Pisoniviricetes
Order: Nidovirales
Family: Coronaviridae
Subfamily: Orthocoronavirinae

They are not even in the same PHYLUM, let alone class, order, or family of viruses. Flu antibodies are completely different from covid antibodies. Covid tests cannot detect flu, nor vice versa.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5728 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of that is good info, with the exception of the WILDLY false assertion that "There has been NO unusual excess mortality."

That is interesting data and I had to look at it a couple times as well, and don't entirely agree with their conclusion.
My take is that the world was about as deadly a place in 2020 as it was in 2008. The excess deaths measurement compares to a predicted amount. And since we have gone on a decade of decreasing rates. it would be safe to assume 2020 would be less than 2019. It wasn't. But look at the graph and think about it. You were more likely to die of something in the early 2000's than you were last year with the pandemic going on. Pre 2000 much much more likely to die. It does put it in perspective. Not that I think it is fake or whatever. Lost a very good friend Saturday from complications due to covid. Yes he was over retirement age and diabetic. So are a lot of people. Looked like he had broken through late in the week, and got the terrible news Saturday.

And frankly there is more to this infection than dying. I missed 3 weeks of work this year because of Covid. Cost me a bit of coin. Many people have ongoing symptoms that can affect their daily lives. If you think the entire thing is a hoax then you may be delusional. If you think it has been overblown by those in power and the media, well you are right.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6387 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Watched news early this morning. Shows Biden getting a booster shot but then I see the actual **** is blurred? Why?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4482 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Biden Now Says He'll Allow Country to Get Back to Normal When 98% of US Is Vaccinated

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So that means the country won't get back to normal 98%.....really. 98% chance after all this crap people won't be voting for Biden.

Posts: 1007 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wearing a mask while receiving your third shot pretty much sums up this whole thing.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
FJB..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just announced by California Governor Nusince all children ages 12 to 18 in school must be Vaccinated. WOW!

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
We just got email that we are due for booster in 6 months. I still got same headache and sore throat from likely original shot.

I do not like idea of my grandkids getting a shot (5,7,12 and 16) since both parents had covid ( 1 early unvaxxed and 1 after vax). Unvaxxed was 3 days, vaxxed was 5 days, neither worse than moderate flu. 12 year old had identical symptoms as my son, but never a positive test.

The likelyhood grandkids have not been exposed is very small especially the younger ones.

This stuff is getting out of hand. Matching madness of half azzed withdrawal. Shame we do not have option of "no confidence" vote beyond standard elections.

I still cannot figure endgame for this craziness.

Posts: 3078 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trust me, no one on here has less use for Sleepy Joe and the 40 thieves than me. But on the shots, if he would just have kept his mouth shut there would not be so much resistance. I am 80+ years old and when I started school I had to have 6 shots to go, no shots you couldn't go to school. So we all got the shots and got on with our lives. Then I joined the Marine Corps and I don't know how many shots I got. No one protested and no one refused we just got them and got on with our lives. Then later in life I worked all over the world and I can't begin to tell you what all kind of shots I got to either get into some country or get back into the US. I got them and got on with my life. Now we have this and for some reason we can't just get the dam things and get on with our lives. I got them including the booster and got the flu shot yesterday. Life is good and with ol Hidin Biden at the helm we have far more to worry about the dam shots. Used to be we didn't whine we just did our jobs and carried on but not now---Flame on!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
No flaming here. I had all my school shots and polio vax. Our hesitation was based on short time to market and lack of straight scoop on things. Wife is retired RN and I worked at pharma before retiring. Since we live semi-isolated and both naturally follow universal precautions, waiting carried almost zero risk. Hopefully there will be no long term fallout.

We capitulated and got shots when wifes older sis tested positive after vax. Us being non vaxxed if it had turned out worse than 24 hour stomach bug, she would have been alone. We are next oldest and most expendable.

The issues I have had are not debilitating and are slowly easing so is not a disaster.

Instictively, we both dislike mandates regardless of who is in office. This clown is the JV mentioned before previous admin.

Posts: 3078 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Trust me, no one on here has less use for Sleepy Joe and the 40 thieves than me. But on the shots, if he would just have kept his mouth shut there would not be so much resistance. I am 80+ years old and when I started school I had to have 6 shots to go, no shots you couldn't go to school. So we all got the shots and got on with our lives. Then I joined the Marine Corps and I don't know how many shots I got. No one protested and no one refused we just got them and got on with our lives. Then later in life I worked all over the world and I can't begin to tell you what all kind of shots I got to either get into some country or get back into the US. I got them and got on with my life. Now we have this and for some reason we can't just get the dam things and get on with our lives. I got them including the booster and got the flu shot yesterday. Life is good and with ol Hidin Biden at the helm we have far more to worry about the dam shots. Used to be we didn't whine we just did our jobs and carried on but not now---Flame on!

Worked out great for you.
But what about all that had issues resulting from Agent Orange? The the cancers that are killing soldiers at a rate much higher than the general public? When you are a tool of the military, you have little choice. Civilians are not owned by our government, and have no obligation to trust it nor the shots it is peddling. Will I get the vaccine? Likely so when my antibodies wain. In the mean time I retain a healthy distrust of my government and a healthy concern for what the unintended consequences may be for the majority of our country who are having this shot forced upon them. If it is our personal choice, and there are problems down the road, we all own them with our choice. When we are forced, well hell when will the law suits against employers and country end?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6387 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/GukIoZ8d3Ew

Pretty good comparison to vaccines.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bucky I wasn't in any way "forced" to get the shots but maybe it will protect me from someone that chose not to get it. Like I said when I went into the Marine Corps they didn't ask us, they just told us to get into line and shut up. When I went to grade school, same deal, I got the shots. I spent nearly 4 years in Vietnam, agent orange everywhere and I am ok as are my 2 brothers that were there also. Difference being they were in the service and I was not. I worked all over the world and got more shots than I can count in order to go into some of those places. So, in my opinion its up to you. If your employer requires it its your choice, get the shot or quit as its their sand box. I am not getting into the politics of this because this bunch in DC scares me to death and my decision on the shots rests firmly on me.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, in my opinion its up to you.

my decision on the shots rests firmly on me.

That is what America is all about.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I knew you would understand. Thanks

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
fern for the win . curiously do a little research on the polio vac makes for good reading .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post