DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    1320 CROSSES THE LINE, USED THE DEATH OF 100+ TO BELITTLE REITOW
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1320 CROSSES THE LINE, USED THE DEATH OF 100+ TO BELITTLE REITOW
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't be scared with your tube chassis lexan window, fiberglass doors and fender, steamroller tire Luvtruck.

Hook up the rig and head to Florida. Scotty Dugginnnns drop shipped the heads straight from Brodix, as I said, and I'm giving you a 200 lb head start to boot, because I feel sorry for you!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Don't be scared with your tube chassis lexan window, fiberglass doors and fender, steamroller tire Luvtruck.

Hook up the rig and head to Florida. Scotty Dugginnnns drop shipped the heads straight from Brodix, as I said, and I'm giving you a 200 lb head start to boot, because I feel sorry for you!

Keep making excuses dude....no fiberglass on my truck and if you want to really run in the 5's I'll sell you my dumptruck motor that runs 5.60s at 2750

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
Welcome to the Yellow Bullet 2.0. This shyt is getting old

Said that weeks ago. Moderation is long gone. Does not seem that long ago when threads in the wrong bucket at least got moved to correct one.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You got wigged out when a all steel street car on a small 10 x 28 tire dipped in the 5's

First you claimed it impossible n/a with out of the box Brodix T1 heads, then claimed the heads were ported.

Where you at? Quit talking and drive to Florida. You made the call out.

Orlando races Wednesday nights, come on down any time. I have scales. I'll give ya 200 lbs.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
CNC ported from Brodix is ported. Those are NOT the $1500 STD track ones as cast. Not that it really matters....

Posts: 123 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
You got wigged out when a all steel street car on a small 10 x 28 tire dipped in the 5's

First you claimed it impossible n/a with out of the box Brodix T1 heads, then claimed the heads were ported.

Where you at? Quit talking and drive to Florida. You made the call out.

Orlando races Wednesday nights, come on down any time. I have scales. I'll give ya 200 lbs.

[/QUOTE

Dipped into the 5s....LOL
With the money you have in that ALL aftermarket topshelf stuff I'd be embarrassed to be running what you are

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike Reitow Im thing that you bracket race the Nova. Im also think that I saw it was pretty consistant. I may be wrong so correct me if I am. My Camaro weighed 3200 with a 522 and would 1/8 mile at 5.79-5.80ish and with a 10.5 29w tire could be pretty nasty. Could sit on a number very well. That being said your small block at 3600 is kicking butt and if I am right about the consistancy I would wheel that thing any day for you if you were not feeling it. Heck I can buy a 408 small block with turbo,s on it and run mid 5,s at that weight but no way can I bracket race it. Good work and great looking car.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
Mike Reitow Im thing that you bracket race the Nova. Im also think that I saw it was pretty consistant. I may be wrong so correct me if I am. My Camaro weighed 3200 with a 522 and would 1/8 mile at 5.79-5.80ish and with a 10.5 29w tire could be pretty nasty. Could sit on a number very well. That being said your small block at 3600 is kicking butt and if I am right about the consistancy I would wheel that thing any day for you if you were not feeling it. Heck I can buy a 408 small block with turbo,s on it and run mid 5,s at that weight but no way can I bracket race it. Good work and great looking car.

It ain't too shabby, thank you sir.

A friend who painted at the Buick dealership 20 yrs painted it, I put all new trim, badging, chrome bumpers and marker lights. Everything is new but the tail-light buckets. I just haven't found the brand I want yet.

Funny you mention driving it, I recently ran into the guy who inspired my Nova, he'd crack em bad at Sunshine back in the day on a small tire 66 Chevy II. He's your age now maybe a little older. He says to me I sure would like to ride out to Orlando with you,... I said chit, I'm gonna put you in it. He probably thinks I'm kidding, but I'm not at all kidding! I just pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday to make the car even more of a Cadillac for him!

I guarantee Linky can still get it done!
"You Get No Change"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been lucky on converters as only 1 I bought over the years had to go back right away for a loosen up. I am never unhappy with having a fresh converter makes me feel all fuzzy.LOL A fresh new converter and its where you want it is a great feeling. Kinda like buying new tires after the second or third pass and you figure out you got good ones.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
I have been lucky on converters as only 1 I bought over the years had to go back right away for a loosen up. I am never unhappy with having a fresh converter makes me feel all fuzzy.LOL A fresh new converter and its where you want it is a great feeling. Kinda like buying new tires after the second or third pass and you figure out you got good ones.

This is a TSI 10000XHSXHD 9" I should be able to run some high gear only low 6.40's around 113 mph in the winter, when it gets fast. I'll also be able to take some of the 300lbs of ballast out of the trunk. This is a street strip converter X-tra High stall-X-tra Heavy Duty. It'll slip like hell early in the run, be even more of a Caddy than it is now, leaving...High gear only.

That's the plan for when it gets fast out.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Still talking about some BS car that runs in the 5's and showing time slips of 6.40-6.50's at Sea Level. Not impressed.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Still talking about some BS car that runs in the 5's and showing time slips of 6.40-6.50's at Sea Level. Not impressed.

Leftards are easy to identify. They lie, cry and deny evidence.

They pretend reality is of their choosing.

It don't matter how ya vote.

It would be mighty naive for anyone to assume, satan will show up dressed in a satan costume.

Why would anyone try to impress a leftard? Confused

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I see a 6.02 Just so you know , that's not a 5.999

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD1964:
I see a 6.02 Just so you know , that's not a 5.999

Just so you know, it's a 400 pro tree 6.0 index class race.

A good way to lose, would be to go a 5.999.

Just so you know.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just so you know this was off the trailer no time run, pulling in the gate 15 minutes before 1st round, the only thing I was concerned about, was the wheel stand.

Good thing I loosened the rebound and tightened the compression on the back, and tightened the rebound on the front, two clicks eh?

Laughing Hard

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just so you know this was off the trailer no time run, pulling in the gate 15 minutes before 1st round, the only thing I was concerned about, was the wheel stand.

Good thing I loosened the rebound and tightened the compression on the back, and tightened the rebound on the front, two clicks eh?

Laughing Hard

You keep posting the same old broken record of OFF THE TRAILER.....any person on this forum can predict what their stuff will run right off da trailer so what's the big deal??
Still posting the same stuff and videos 3yrs later Roll Eyes

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

Laughing Hard

You keep posting the same old broken record of OFF THE TRAILER.....any person on this forum can predict what their stuff will run right off da trailer so what's the big deal??

Off the trailer bracket racing, no buybacks.

That's a good Idea, when is your first race? Confused

You could be promoter of the year.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Laughing Hard

You could be promoter of the year eventually, if it takes off.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Laughing Hard

We've had NO time runs on the second day and go straight to the first round to get finished on time....what's the big deal??
Ohhhh that's right...only YOU are capable of doing that

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Laughing Hard

We've had NO time runs on the second day and go straight to the first round to get finished on time....what's the big deal??
Ohhhh that's right...only YOU are capable of doing that

You have it backwards, going overnight without a time run at a track you went down the day before, is a big deal.

Going 7 years between any runs at any given track is no big deal, as the video shows.