DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What are you changing with your racing program this winter?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you changing with your racing program this winter?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
As the title says. Anything you are excited about? Car? Trailer? Tow vehicle?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just finishing up an S10 for No Box. Nothing too fancy but should be a contender right off the bat. The other S10 has shown us what we need for converter, gear, shocks, springs and fuel system to print tickets.
We will find out in May if we were right.
You all have a safe winter.

Jok
TrailerToad.com

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am still working on finishing this trailer out.

I am putting another motor and front tires in this one and I will run it next season.

Here is my new (Old) tow rig. I have a lot to do on it before it is where I want it but should work real nice when I am done. The bones on this truck is real good but needs a lot of little things to complete it. Brakes do not feel very good, lots of wiring mess to clean up. Fuel pump oil leak. For or replace generator. Little things that are time consuming and can be a pain.

Putting a different motor in this one for Dan to drive.

I have a motor for this one and most everything to complete it and may do some bracket racing and index stuff.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nice lookin rides Curly-Jok I wondered why a new s-10 no box hu should be fun Im changing the converter in the Nova narrowing the old dana- wider wheels on rear to get a better foot print down track got car to work ok last year but was still not where I wanted it-see ya all in the spring at CFR

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Sold the TD and done with the NHRA thing.
Going to give the local Saturday night index racing a try
A little project I am working on this winter

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/eLycdCCGgD8

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
Actually go racing

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Actually go racing lol

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
Changed the rear gear late in the season but never got any test runs due to cold & rain.

Sent the converter out to be made into a bolt together and adjusted for the new car combination.

Also decided to convert the car over from the 315 radial tire to a 29.5 x 10.5W slick.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fabman,

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
with all the stupid laks I had this year. Car is getting all new fittings and hoses. Now to keep the ownr for going crazy with trick shyt.

New pistons are in the works. Gaining 3"1 compression and .125 bore.

Would like to ad a rear wing. Sense is mostly a look thing in 1/8 mile it is down on list.

If I can gt to point I can use a spray gun and paint job is going on car. Rathr I can do a Starr Rider style paint job remains to be seen.

Fixing damage to motor home from a roof leak, getting the computer working correctly and new tires on it. The tires are almost brand new but sitting 6 or 7 years and have dry rot cracks,So 2k shot to shyt.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
If plans work out moving away from top sportsman and fast index racing towards slower index racing and brackets.

Posts: 1239 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
For me it's more like a question of what isn't getting changed. Complete new MBE Big Nine top end with HRE sheet metal intake, new Bullet cam, going back to steel rods, Winberg crank, complete rewire of car utilizing electric battery cutoff switch, going from a mega 400 delay box to a K&R.......even changing the steering wheel from a butterfly wheel to a delta wheel....new brakes....lots more.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What am I changing? Been sitting on the sidelines since 2015, so just showing up will be my biggest change. Aside from that, plans are to give the car a thorough going over, replace what needs replacing, update what needs updating and fire it up. Barring anything getting in the way, we'll be racing again spring 2024.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 108 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Moving forward as much as possible with my rebuild of my old camaro. At least the heavy fabrication work is done paint and body is going to be a bear.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matrix:
Actually go racing

Same. Hope to get my Cutlass TO the track. Period…

I’d be thrilled if I got to see Steve, Curly and a few others this year.

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine has a new BTE 8" converter he wants me to try out. It's a 5500 stall that BTE says should work really well in my combination. Also re installing the NOS cheater I never used before and who knows maybe I will never use it again. I do plan on bracket racing in 24 and hope to turn on several win lights.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nothing. Hope what I have stays together in 2024 with 762 passes on engine now. I designed new day / night screens for my ProDash last week. Just added an I/O expansion module purchased from Holleys Xmas sale event. Am going to make some minor EFI and chassis adjustments looking for more consistency improvements.

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Complete rewire of my S10 with MSD Grid and Digital Delay Elite Panel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CAD,

Posts: 124 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
After reading a few replies. I guess I should have said getting this thing to where it will go down track under full bore power. Not LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Oh ya forgot to mention painting car getting rid of Ricks old 85 paint job should be much shinyer when Im done-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Sold my dragster, so I'm putting my Avenger back together after totally disassembling it. I mean I even took the body off the chassis.
Narrow the back half of chassis, paint chassis/body, install everything, rewire.
I'm basically building a new car from ground up..lol
Plan is to be ready by March..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post