DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!
Damn, I gotta go back to work tomorrow. Today was the start first of my 3 day work weeks, Tues, Wed, Thur. I had a whole lot of stuff listed to do and between the naps and lunch I ran out of time. Oh well, I guess it will wait for my 4 day weekend coming up. No, I'm goin racing next weekend, guess it will have to wait for the following 4 day weekend. Big Grin
hug to all the ladies, Michelle, Christine, Nicole, Susie and Mikey. Oh yeah, can't forget WA.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,these 12hr.days is killing me,but I'm so thankful I still have them in me,looks like rain the next 3 days so maybe a little RnR is in my plan,prayers to all and to all a good night,wait thats another story, Big Grin...................... Praying hug Wave................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It was a great weekend at PRP, beautiful weather, time with friends, great racing. Bob Deniker won no box on Friday night and Sunday, great to see him running so well. I made it to 7 cars Friday night, 2nd rd Saturday, hard to judge a car coming at you at 162mph when you go 108mph, and got .00x'd out 4th rd Sunday. Christine was racing well too, saw her going rounds.

Duck, congratulations and best of luck. I'm in my buddy Mike's (balaska347) wedding this Saturday, good weekend for weddings.

Floyd, that is an awesome tribute to Diane and Chewy. I'm glad you have them close to you.

Susie, I have had posts like that go floopy on me too. I make it a habit to copy it before I post it, just in case. I was wondering about the bracket finals for you guys.

Hi Mike! Wave Steelers got back on track Sunday. Even though I didn't see any of it, I'm glad it happened! Big Grin Good karma coming from Mannie, I think.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang, it's funny how you miss stuff on here...you will love it Brandon, we've been doing it 24 yrs now-never a dull moment...lol

You guys are being rough on the what's her names...just be glad she liked those taters so well she wanted more, that was a complement you just took it the wrong way!! (gotta think like a woman Wink)

hope each of you have a great evening...in too much of a hurry to name you all....

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!
Today went fast. Hope tomorrow goes just as fast. Goin racin friday mornin.
I got the nicest card from the hospital where Chewy was. There was a hand written note from the primary doctor and each of the 4 techs that tried to save him. They said he was such a sweet boy and they were so sorry he didn't make it. That was very thoughtfull and they didn't have to do it. I appreciate their thoughts and condolences.
Praying Angel hug crying

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, here it is 4:30 am and I can't sleep. Ol' what's her name is really cranking and the neighbors are calling and complaining. (Problem is; we are out of town, and they can still hear her.) imagine what it is like in this little motel room. I have to hold the laptop down with my hands and type with my toes.

Anyway, have had a couple of good days. Lots of good news and new opportunities. Seeing the Doctor today at noon and hope to get some loose ends tied up. I guess the old saying "when God closes a door, he(she) opens some windows elsewhere is in effect for us. Time will tell how it all plays out, but I have my rose tinted googles back on, and ain't looking back.

Well, gotta get ready for the "free" breakfast Ain't suppose to eat anything they have, but hey, you gotta party when you get the chance. I wasn't suppose to drive 165 miles an hours on a curvy two lane road on the way here, and I only missed it by 1, so I am all in for living on the wild side.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's Humpday, we're almost there.
That was really nice of them Floyd.
Y'all have a great day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,Ken sounds like the feel goods are back,and thats cool,me I'm off for a rainy day at the farm,boxing taters on rainy days,will it ever end, Wink...............

I know it sounds corny,but I'm so thankful to be able to get this tried,they've been times that I could'nt so it feels good to be useful...............

Prayers to you all my friends,and if given the chance today,make a smile come out big and bold,and see what it will do for someone around you,I bet it will be good,or you could get punched for being so nice,just saying........ Eyes Tongue....................................................

And Chuck maybe Mannie's future is with the Steelers,that would be something would'nt it................... Wave..................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Mike; I agree with you. It does feel good to get sweaty and dirty and tired from working, and not drugs. I am able to do a bit more each day. Hopefully, we got a handle on this stuff, and it keeps getting better. However, I don't see me getting back to running and jumping, or doing enough work that someone would be willing to pay me.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Funny thing Ken,I did'nt want a job or even ask for one,but when family calls for help,well I try to help,and in the fashion my Dad taught me,I try as hard as possible to do it right,and a big yes it feels great to sweat working instead of the med.s making you sweat,the pay ain't that good for what I'm doing,but I get to eat all the taters I want to eat,and bring Mannie all the pumpkins he want for halloween,so the benfits are good.......... Big Grin.........................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hi gang...hope you guys have a good day! rainy day here..trying to get rdy to head to VMP & see if we can get in the TOC, trying to decide Top Dragster or Quick Rod? they pay the same there...any thoughts?

Madi just set a world record for class changes in the 6th grade, from Band, to Success Maker (glorified name for study hall), to Chorus and now..after much discussion & school condsideration..back to Band..she must be even more like her Mom than I thought, hate my indecisiveness would have been ok if she had missed that part lol

that is special Floyd, hope ur wknd is great!
Chuck, did you get my text?

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rainy day here too, makes me want to sleep all day. But I just did that Monday, after the long weekend of racing. And I got too much to do here.

Floyd, that is awesome that they could tell how special Chewy was, and took the time to send their condolences. You know they cared for Chewy like he was their own, and that's really special. I hope the week goes fast, and the hay hauler goes faster!

Ken, glad to hear about the right lenses getting back in the frames. Live it up with the free breakfast. Pull a Homer Simpson and take the whole tray of bacon! Big Grin

Hi Mike! Wave I'm with you, hard work feels good, especially when it goes well.

Michelle, no text. Run both! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's hump day for me.
When I get back from Bakersfield I just might look for a new companion. I've got offers from all over. 3 different veterinary clinics and a number of friends think I would give somebody a good home. It's all goin to be in the eyes.
Thanks every one for the thoughts. He was special.
Ken, you'll get it together. Just think about gettin better.
hug to all the ladies Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning gang.
Not sure if this is my Friday or not. I'm thinking it might be.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Duck"
posted Hide Post
Good morming. This is my friday. Work today and then be gone for 10 days. Hope u guys have a great day.

Brandon Bailey

God Bless

Posts: 3969 | Location: Spending Time with my Kids | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning gang...brakes on the Camaro iyiyi, caliper locking causing the problems, hate bleeding brakes, back at it early this AM to try & get it done to get gone to VMP sometime tonight...

Congrats Brandon, wishing you guys a lifetime of smiles, love and beautiful memories!!!

Thoughts to all of you!!!

Chuck, I'll try again...has anyone got their ND yet? I think ours is lost Frown

FurrRacing.com

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good night DRR, 45 minute drive home from work and then to bed.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5311 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. I'm pissed off this morning. Scumbag with a long rap sheet shot and killed a police officer, Derek Kotecki, at a Dairy Queen (a f'n DAIRY QUEEN!) about a mile from where I live last night. Officer Kotecki was only 40, survived by his wife, 2 boys, 9 and 13, and his parents. I never met the man, but there's no doubt the world needs more of his kind, not less.

Michelle, I got nothin'. Didn't realize yesterday you said QR and TD. I was thinking HR instead of QR. Either way, you'll rock! Brakes will be fine, and bleeding them will help your brake leg! Big Grin

Duck, congratulations, and best wishes for much happiness and health!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Chuck;

I certainly understand how you feel. It doesn't happen all that often, but it still happens way too much.

Well, just got back from San Antonio. Things went well. As it turns out, I have something called L'hermitte's Syndrom. Mine is caused by the drug "Oxaliplatin". They have stopped giving it to me in my chemo ****tail, and things are improving. It should go away with time. I am feeling much better without the "OX".

Doc thinks we are gettin closer to justifing surgery to remove the tumors from my liver.........we shall see.

We were planning on going up to Denver for the Summer Race season, and transferring the treatment to the VA center up there. BUT, we have decided that we are getting very good treatment here, our doctor is very knowledgeable and CARING. So, we are staying here. We did find a few RV parks a lot nearer to the VA then where we are now. Should save us a few hundred a month in fuel costs alone. AND, the one I like the best is only 15 miles from San Antonio Raceway. We will bring the car down from Denver sometime this fall/winter. Shouild be interesting going from 10s to high 8s. funny, I remember when Don Garlets first went 8 seconds in his AA fuel dragster. I was convinced the game was over. No one will ever go faster, and drag racing would just fade away. Well, I was just a little off on that one.

So, everything is looking great. Can't wait to get things moving in our new direction and I am feeling GREAT.

Ken Gasbarri