DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Boy, has the time flown. It's Christmas Eve Day and I don't have anything wrapped. I goota go to the store and pick up the prime rib and the wop biscuits, and figure out the rest of the menu for my guests arriving tomorrow. I better put a little heat in the race truck and get them slicks changed. Maybe I can get my neighbor to change the tires while his wife, the one with the pretty boobs, helps me wrap. They're Jewish so they don't need to wrap anything at home. Laughing

Merry Christmas to all, especially Christine, Bob and Karen. You too, Bob, now that you're feeling better.
Praying Praying Angel hug hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning gang.
Merry Christmas Eve.
Waiting on the snow they say we are suppose to get. Gotta go get new tires put on my truck this afternoon. Almost had an accident yesterday morning on the way to work on the wet roads. Thanks to my mad driving skills i saved it, but i'm not going to push my luck anymore, so it gets new tires.
Prayers for everybody traveling, and for those of us who need comfort and strength.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all! Merry Christmas Eve! I wish you all the peace and joy that Christmas offers.

Christine, Karen, and Bob, you're being thought of and prayed for. There aren't enough words. Praying Praying hug hug

Michelle, I did get the pics, way cool, thanks!!!

Hey Mike!! Keep on keepin' on, Minnie Winnie Capt'n! Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas everyone Smile

Be careful to all traveling today. . .

Praying for all of you in need Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Friends and neigbors,and Merry Christmas eve to all,before we get the up-date that I know you all been waiting on, Wink I have some real important things to say.
And that would be that I hope everyone that reads this will have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year,this time of year is hard on alot of folks,and this Christmas seems to be no different,so I decided I wanted to thank each of you for being great friends and letting me coming into your life a little each day.

If I was to ask for a great Christmas present to be giving to me,I think I would have to say,I have gotten mine,so blessed to have friends and family around me,and a warm place to call home,and again ya'll have a gooden and better one tomorrow,prayers all around and blessings abound..................God Bless Ya'll........................ hug Smile...............

Ok,this is your Captain Mike reporting live from The Ship Minnie-Winnie,but we have ran into a little bump in the road,not nothing bad,but still a bump,while MsFurr was driving and I was getting some big time rest,we kinda got side tracked.
When I woke up sometime this morning,I smelled paint and thought what the heck is that,we where still moving so I knew we were on the rode,but seems as I was getting some shut eye,MsFurr and Rick and the kids,thought it to be cool to get the minnie painted,they saw a Mayco sign from the I-40,that read Christmas Eve Special any Veh.$199.complete paint job,so they wheeled in and had her painted while I was sleeping.

Now since the paint job,we will be know as the Yellow Submarine,thats right they had her shot bright yeller,we now look like a hippy wagon going across the dessert,all we now is some flowers painted on,and smoking new hub-caps and we'll be good to go.

We're just about on the California border,should make Floyds by sun up,sure hope we don't run into Santa,while he's a Floyds,but it mite be a good thing to see him there,you know get the kids some stuff and all.....

Floyd get some extra whop bis.and I'll make you a pan of sausage gravy and eggs.
And while we're eating breakfast,MsFurr can do the first burnouts,I've known,ever since we left the east coast she's been chomping at the bit,to spin some tires,a couple of times at the stop lights,I notice her stalling the Minnie up,so she's ready to play,and the kids,they just need to run,they've been cooped up for three days in the Minnie and travel pup,so they're ready to run.
Well Floyd well see you when the sun's coming up,onward and upward The Yeller Minnie-Winnie Sub,is going to hit warp speed tonight,I just hope the travel pup can stand the speed,thats it from The Captain,Captain Mike OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know we could'nt leave without a song now don't ya................... Tongue.................

We all live in the Yeller submarine,the yellar submarine,the yellow submarine(somebody kick the puter I believe it's stuck)now we're going across dessert,in a yellar submarine,as we fly though the sky,in the yeller submaine,we will see Floyd soon,and have rib and gravy too,play in the street,in the 68,we all live in a yeller submarine,yellar submarine,yellar submarine(somebody kick that thing)we all live in the yeller submarine the yellar submarine,now Cugamonga,ain't far away,and we'll be there Christmas day and lay in the sun a while,while folks back home,are froze and numb,and we'll leave in a day or two,and stop by Phoenix and see Guy too,and eat at Los Delmos and do a burnout in the Camaro too,we all live in a yeller submarine,yellar submarine,yeller submarine,yeller submaire,yeller submarine,(it's stuck again somebody kick that thing)oh what it ain't stuck thats just how the song goes,well why did'nt somebody tell me thats what it was,now my puter looks like a football,weellll reporting live from The Yeller Minnie-Winnie,this your Captain Mike siging off and out,see you all when the sun come up...................... Eyes Tongue Laughing Rolling I'm stupid...............................................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, that works out good. I'll be heading to Phoenix on Sunday, we can caravan down. You gotta remember though, this old man can only go about 2 hours without having to stop. My Chewy can make the trip on 1 stop but I can't. I don't have the benefit of indoor plumbing that you have.
Got to go back to the store and get some more wop biscuits, they were out today, and I better lay in some sausage too. Sausage gravy sounds good. Is 2 dozen eggs enough for breakfast?
Praying Angel hug

P.S. If I'm still asleeep just pull in the driveway and honk the horn. Might as well let the neighbors know you're here. It's the 4th house on the right. The one with the big driveway.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike Hawks, you are something else, kinda remind me of my ole pops. Always had a good story that would put a smile on anyones face no matter how bad a day someone may have. Laughing Angel

Anyhoo I just want to wish all you folks at The How Ya'll Was Breakfast Club A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas, my dear friends! Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Mark and Nikki! I miss you my love! I miss you my Angel Nikki!

Forever 53....

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to my drr family!! You guys are something else! I'm thinkin when Mike typed the Good Morning he had no idea we'd still be here 11 mos later...and wow has God been busy in all our lives since then, not that we understand or agree with it all but we know he has a plan. There have been a lot of laughs (several computer screens replaced this year after they were 'spit upon'), good smiles, loving smiles, it's nice to have my friends smiles, and way too many tears. I love you guys, thanks for the memories and some time today take a second to remember the reason for the season... hug Praying

Well now, it went something like this, "sorry M'am but we only got 2 colors left yellow bananna or pink tulip" and I figured Mike is so sunny...(of course Madi voted for the pink! Big Grin) Mike says we're getting close (good thing too how many times can the kids sing "On the Min-nie Ship Lol-li-pop, with a......."), I've never been on the west coast before, I can't wait for the sun to come up so we can lay some rubber! I think 2 doz eggs should be plenty Floyd, I, myself, will be saving room for the prime rib Wink Chevy found a comfortable place to ride on Uncle Mike's shoulder...of course, there's not much room left in the MinnieShip yellow submarine since Santa's visit a little while ago, he hasn't changed a bit just as jolly as ever but had a heck of a time finding the chimney! I'm thinking the kids are going to be pretty excited in the morning (and they're not the only ones!).

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MsFurr:
Merry Christmas to my drr family!! You guys are something else! I'm thinkin when Mike typed the Good Morning he had no idea we'd still be here 11 mos later...and wow has God been busy in all our lives since then, not that we understand or agree with it all but we know he has a plan. There have been a lot of laughs (several computer screens replaced this year after they were 'spit upon'), good smiles, loving smiles, it's nice to have my friends smiles, and way too many tears. I love you guys, thanks for the memories and some time today take a second to remember the reason for the season... hug Praying

MsFurr, I dont think anyone could have said it better..............Merry Christmas ya'll.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I coulda swore I heard a horn honk so I'm up and waiting. Got 2 cast iron skillets ready on the stove and a non-stick skillet for the eggs. I think scrambled is probably the best way for a big group. Y'all must still be up the road a peace.
MsFurr, the prime rib is out coming to room temperature so it can be roasted low and slow. The race truck is all ready with plenty of gas and I pumped up the tires so they will spin a little easier.
Today is a day for reflecting on all our loved ones , here and gone, and all the good friends we have in this world. And of course, the good Lord.
A very Merry Christmas to you all. Especially Christine, Bob and Karen.
Praying Angel hug hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Morning Everyone.
It doesn't look like we will be traveling anywhere today due to the blizzard we had yesterday. All the major roadways are closed.
I can't think of a better place to be stuck in than at the house with my wife and kids.
Y'all have a great day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy Friends & Neigbors,and a Merry Chrismas to all,got alot of rain fall back in Cana,Va.,according to Mama,but there is a silver lining in the rain clouds,it's washing away the mud and snow,so onward and upward we will go.......................

Before I get into the trip report,I just wanted to do a little prayer request this morning,for all the folks that have been posting request for love ones that have passed and for the sick,they are alot of them,so I will not try and meantion all of them,so I don't leave anyone off,and God knows all,but I will meantion MaB and Bob and Karen and Marty and Bob J and my Mom and ME,I fell off the back of the truck 3 days ago,and broke or cracked 2 ribs,I told MsFurr,I wasn't going to say anything about it,I'm kinda ashamed to keep telling you guys and gals about my accident pron self,but I need your prays,I know peumonia can set up if I'm not careful and I have a cold and coughing on top of it all,so prayers appeciated,and to all,if I forgot to meantion you God knows who you are,but remind us................ hug Praying...............................

Dear Lord,I come this morning to say thank you for your blessings and to say thank you for sending your son to be our saviour,and for giving us this day to rejoice his brith,and Lord I just pray for all the folks that have lost loved ones,and for the one's, that are in the waiting rooms this Christmas day,waiting on news about their loved ones and Dear God bless and heal each one,and Dear Lord be with Christen and the kids on this very sad Christmas morning,and I pray to comfort them with you loving and comforting arms,and Lord give us all strenght to endure all the problems that enters our days,in you precious name .....................AMEN............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Mike Hawks there is a Bible verse that I remember.

"The fervent effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

Thank you for your prayer.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all!
Mike, What a beautiful prayer!
May the love of God be with each and everyone of you on this day we celebrate the birth of our Savior,Jesus Christ.
There is no better gift, than the gift of Jesus Christ,GOD gave us.
Everyone have a wonderful day and a Happy New Year !!!!!

See you at the track next year,

Joe Webb
Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Racing

Posts: 25 | Location: Va | Registered: September 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Ok here goes,this morning I woke up after driving all day and night,and found I have made a wrong turn,during the night,the long old highway got to looking like the ocean,and so during the night on the way to Floyds,I got tried and the rest of the family where passed out and asleep,so I found a big spot off a exit ramp and went to sleep,well when I woke up,to my SURPRISE :there was a sign,that said Mexico 5miles(and I don't mean New Mexico)so I was like OMgoodness,wake up ya'll were nearly in Mexico,so as everyone was waking up,in disbelief,they were like WTheck did you do..................................

So I got out to check over the Yeller Minnie-Winnie Sub.and to my Omgoodness mind,the tires and wheels where gone,brand new yokohamas,I mite add,someone had got the minnie's tares and wheels and there we sit on blocks of wood,can't believe,we never felt a thing,even got the spare.........

So Mannie and myself hoofed it down the road to the border crossing,well may I say that did't work out to well,nobody working on Christmas Day that could speak english,and so Mannie and myself,commenced to try to ask about help,with the minnie sub.but all the spanish,I know and Mannie to,is from Dora the Explorer and Go Deigo Go,and that uno,twice and see,so this was'nt working out so good,everytime they say something,I'd say see,and they just looked like WTheck,so we just hoofed it back to the minnie sub,and low and behold,MsFurr and Rick had recuited some help,the did'nt speak good english,but they seemed to be commuicating better than Mannie and I was............

So they brought us some tares and we thought we are good to go,I got in and went to start the motor up and nothing,I though,man they stoled the battery,nope they stoled the motor and all....................

Well at this time I was thinking,I'm glad they left me my clothes and then I noticed the pup travel trailer was gone,I said Holy Crap Eyes....................................

So big decisions had to be made,the guy that brought me the tares,offered me enough for the minnie to help buy us,bus tickets home,I don't fly.......
So we're on a bus headed for Va.with alot of stops inbetween,so Floyd sorry for the trouble and I know you can do burnouts without us,and for the prime ribs and gravy,well somebodies hungry around there,so go ahead and feed the neigbors,we're headed home busted and tried,but maybe next time we will leave earlier and have time to rest without rushing so.............

Well the moral of this story is,don't plan a long trip in a hour or two and don't park on the American side of the border next to Mexico,in a Yeller Minnie-Winnie Submarine,died tried and don't blame the Mex.folks,cause you may never know,what you may lose,you may ask how do you know the Mex.did'nt steal your tares,cause we just passed the wrecker pulling the Miinie Sub.north and the wrecker said New Mexico............ Eyes Big Grin................

Well Guy,we'll catch you on the next trip,I'm alittle sad,the trip did'nt turnout as planned,but my cup runneth over with great memories of my road trip family and all the nice folks met along the way,so as I like to say onward and upward,and now we are east bound and down,rolling with the big dog,a song or two comes to mind on this juorney home,ofcouse you want to here it................................

Thank God and greyhound we're gone,we so tried and so glad,to finally,to be headed home,with black smoke a rolling up around the tail lights,it won't be long till we will see home maybe tomorrow night,it's been fun,but home will be a wonderful sight,so thank God and greyhound we're gone........................ crying Smile.....................thatn always makes me cry......................

Christmas times a coming,Christmas time is coming,and I know I'm going home...............

Snow flakes a falling,I hear home a calling,can't walk for running, and Chrismas times a coming,can't you hear old Floyd saying,joy,joy they ain't coming,so all is back to normal,and Christmas times a coming .....................................
Well the minnie sub hit land fall,and some guys came and stoled all,and now were on a greyhound,and we are Va. bound,and Christmas times a coming.......................................................This is the final report from the Captain of the now gounded Minnie-Winnie yeller Sub.it's been real and it's been fun and it really has been real fun......................................

Merry Christmas from the Captain and Crew,MsFurr & Rick and Mannie and Madi and Ist.class little man,and ofcourse Chevy my friend............................................................

99 bottles of beer on the wall,99 bottles of beer on the wall,take one down,pass it around 98 bottles of beer on the wall............it's going to be a long trip home...........ok take one down,pass it around 97 bottles of beer on the wall............................... Hum Eyes Tongue Laughing ................................................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all! May you all have a healthy, happy and prosperous new year. Big Grin

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Well, shoot!
I sure was lookin forward to the sausage gravy and biscuits VA style. I'm goin to be real popular with my family and the neighbors and maybe a couple of homeless girls, if they wash windows.
It was a great thought and we gotta try it again next year. Maybe put some of them locking lug nuts on.
Merry Christmas to all you vagabonds in the Greyhound. I'm back to cooking for some other new found friends.
Rolling Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike, don't know if the "Winnie" folks are as friendly as they were back in the '70's but all I had to do was call Winnebago and tell them that I would like to test one of their motorhomes and take it to Arizona from Illinois and back and then write a story on our adventures in a "Winnie" for the farm magazine I was an editor for (Big Farmer) and they called and told me where to pick it up! When we got to Arizona with it the 413 Chrysler motor dropped 6 valves and we had to end up flying home! Did the story on it, pictures of them towing it off and everything and got a nice letter from them thanking me for doing the article! Call 'em and tell 'em you wanta do a test story for the Cana Times (or Hawk Dispatch) newspaper and that you will even take video's for You Tube display! Who know's they might even throw in the gas? Look forward to seein' you drive in the driveway here someday!
Went down south to show grandaughter the Wonderland of Rocks and we stopped at the visitor's center and was told we could only go a half mile or so further up as the road to the top was closed! Visitor's center had 8" of snow and gal said there was 14" of snow at the top of the Chiricahua Monmument! Even had a dab of snow in Willcox! Glad wife didn't go with us up in the mountains! She woulda kicked in the airbag on the Trailblazer as we skidded around in a few places and went up a one lane dirt road full of snow in the Chiricahua Mountains! Took us an hour to wash all the mud off the car when we got back to town as she woulda still been throwin' rocks at me had she seen what the Trailblazer looked like with mud all over it! Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas as well as a safe one! We are home, safe and sound and stayin' in where it's warm! Eyes Banging Head Tongue Big Grin Angel Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Christmas was personally hard for me, I was missing my Mom tremendously and also missing Mark. We had Christmas dinner at my house with my family and Joe's.

My Aunt Sue and Christine had a squirt gun battle, were riding brooms around my front porch like witches, and when I asked my Dad if he wanted to play Wii, they wondered why I asked him if he wanted weed. They were both in rare form, but having fun laughing and carrying on.

My sister got me a bottle of Jack and as Mark and I always shared shots of Jack together out of the bottle, Markie, my Dad, and I did a shot for Mark.

It was definitely good spending the day with friends and family, but we were missing my Mom and Mark physically, I know they were both there in spirit.

I hope that you and your families had a great Christmas and that you cherished each minute you spent with them.

One last thing, glad that we did have a White Christmas for my Mom. She enjoyed I am sure.

SONYA.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post