DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
iyiyi...way too much information Guy, but since I read it I was thinking I should point out that it was probably a good thing the Doc checked in that order rather than the other way around?!? Hum Eyes Might've left a bad taste in your mouth if not.. Rolling

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
In case you haven't checked Mark's care page yet,his surgery is scheduled for 8:00am tomorrow morning. It will be a long day, but "Johnny" will be leaving, so that's a MAJOR plus!

For those that don't know, when Mark was taken to the ER a few weeks ago, he named his tumor Johnny.

We will update tomorrow when we can.

Good night, prayers, thoughts, hugs, and well wishes are being sent.

SONYA.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sonya for the updates,we will be praying all day for Mark and MaB.......................................

Guy you will never do,mite as well laugh at what the dr.s do,I wander if they really know what they are looking for......................................Guy the only plucking I'm going to be doing thanksgiving is the meat off the bone............. Big Grin...........................

Gooden MsFurr,enjoyed our talk this morning............Thanks......................

MaB and Mark our thoughts and prayers are with you guys and we sure do love you guys.....................God Bless..........................................

Dear Lord we come to you this night and pray Dear Lord that you will take care of Mark though this surgery and take hold of the Dr. hands and guide them in the surgery,and Lord just wrap them loving arms around Ma and the family Lord,and Dear God I just ask that you send the love and caring and prayers from all their friends and comfort this family,God Bless and keep them in your loving arms.........................AMEN........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Sonya Thanks for the udate. . . We are praying and will be doing some extra tomorrow (or I guess today).

Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all....H.U.M.P. Day is apon us and most of us (like me Razz) will get the next four days off. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy your family!

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn, folks.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hawks, pass me a turkey leg when ya get the chance.

Ya'll have a goodern.

Gonna go and see if I can redeem myself this am. Shot at a buck 4 times yesterday, he just stood there, never even flinched.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord, we pray that you would now lay your hands on Mark as the Doctors begin his surgery, guide their hands and protect Mark. We ask you to wrap your loving arms around Ma B and all of the family and to give them the comfort, love and assurance they need today. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Wish we could be with you Ma B, but know you are all in our hearts... Praying hug

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning gang.
Praying for Mark and Ma this morning.
Gonna just piddle around the new house today, and try to get the garage arranged some.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, woo hoo! Gathering with about 25-30 friends from the track tonight for beer and wings. Mom is cooking tomorrow, I get to play with the nieces and nephews in between helping her out. So much to be thankful for, brings tears to my eyes.

Marty, your shooting sounds like me trying to cut a .00x. Big Grin Tongue

Trading texts with Sonya. Mark's surgery started on time. He was ready. The waiting room crew are on laptops, playing games, keeping busy. I'll post if I hear more.

ChuckT <---- much love for the DRR family hug hug

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MsFurr:
Dear Lord, we pray that you would now lay your hands on Mark as the Doctors begin his surgery, guide their hands and protect Mark. We ask you to wrap your loving arms around Ma B and all of the family and to give them the comfort, love and assurance they need today. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Can't say it any better. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
Whenever Miller is around, Ashley forgets about everyone else and goes right to him. He had a hard time eating with her on his lap all night. Smile

That could be a new diet plan! You'll make millions, Bob! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
What Ms Furr said 5X! Will be thinkin' about Mark recoverin' in the hospital on Thanksgiving day like I was doin' after prostate surgery back in 2004 on Christmas Day! Wasn't full of P*ss and vinegar but sure wanted to be home with family and finally got there before the day was over but it wasn't real comforting externally but internally I was overjoyed as I am sure Mark will be! It is amazing how much energy they zap outa ya in those operating rooms! Maybe someday technology will find a way to put that energy back in in the form of an innoculation! Floyd, reckon a shot of Tequilla would help? Gotta go to Phoenix today to pick up wife as she went over yesterday with her cousin and aunt as her 78 year old aunt has
a CT Scan this morning and she wanted wife to be along. Then it will be back home and pay some bills while wife whips up some sweet taters to take to daughter's tomorrow as we are gonna just "pig it" down tomorrow and let the turkey rest as daughter wasn't real excited about her husband frying another turkey! But I will guarantee you that someday the next few days I will find me some roast turkey somewhere!
You all have a good day and a tipsy evening! Thinkin' of Mark! Praying hug not worthy Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

Marty, your shooting sounds like me trying to cut a .00x. Big Grin Tongue

:

My shooting is like MY racing abilities.......Not worth a danged. Banging Head Banging Head

Oh well you got yer good days and ya got yer bad ones.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
1:30 update:

Tumor larger than expected, surgery is taking a little longer.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob posted over in our PRP thread:

3.46. Out of surgery. Tumor was removed and Dr said they got it all, and in 1 piece. Also surrounding tissue was removed. Sounds like it is "mission accomplished" on this day. Important first step

WHEW!!!! Thank you Lord for the skilled hands that are taking care of Mark, and for all of these good people offering their thoughts and prayers. The DRR family rocks!!! hug hug

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark is in recovery now. He did very well. Surgery took longer than expected due to how large the tumor was, and it was removed intact, it's gone! However, Dr. McGough had to take the femoral nerve and some lymph nodes. The lymph nodes will be biopsied. Mark will have to have rehab along with chemo and radiation. He will have to use a brace to walk, but he will be able to move his ankle to push that throttle and take that win light! I am patiently waiting to see him. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your love. Just keep them coming! We do feel them!

Thanks,
Christine

Always, "Thinking of Nikki"......

Posts: 61 | Location: Ruffs Dale, PA | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Once Mark has recovered he will find out that all that weight loss might cost him as his car will run a lot faster. Have been checking upon him on the "Caring" site! A real strong couple: Chistine & Mark! Praying hug not worthy Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Guy M. Price,

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
All the best to Mark and Christine.
She reminds me of my Diane.
Take care of Mark as Diane took care of me, Christine. I had a heart attack and wound up out living her, damn it.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Sounds like good news not worthy

Mark and Ma here are more hugs and prayers

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Family,and happy thanksgiving to all you fine folks,going to be pretty here today,and with thanksgiving come mine and Mannies track up the Mt.looking for deer signs and pittling around,we started this when he first came to live with us,and now it's become an annual thing,5 yrs. now,hard to believe he's been with me that long,when it seems like only yesternight(MT)that we adoppted him,and for this I am very thankful,and speaking of thankful,I'm thankful for the many years I had with my Dad,he and I worked together and spent a lifetime making memories that I carry with me everyday,and hopefully can pass on to my son,and so thankful I found this board where I feel so blessed to have met some real special friends that seem like family to me,so Happy Thanksgiving to all ya'll fine folks,and I if I ain't said it this week,I love all ya'll very much,and I'm man enough to say it.......... Wink Big Grin..............................

And one more thing I'm really Thankful for today is the news about Marks surgery,I know his war has just begun,but the first battle has been won,and prayers where answered in big ways,and ain't it funny(for lack of a better word)how we pray and then are amazed that when they are answered,we say wow,how bout that,when the wh@le time when we pray with faith and stenght in numbers,we still have doubt,but I know my God is still working and will continue to work........................................

Well ya'll have a gooden and be happy this thanksgiving day,because they are alot to be thankful for.................God Bless Ya'll ........................................

Dear God we want to thank you this wonderful day for all the blessings you have giving us and for the prayers that have been answered,and thank you Lord for touching those Dr's hand that were helping Mark yesterday and for the offtend overlooked nurses that you have giving such a great talent too,and Dear Lord thank you for comforting Ma Lord,I know I have never met her in person Lord,but I have met her in spirit and I know that spirit is strong in her faith, that you can do all things,so thank you again Lord for your comforting touch and we ask that you keep them in your arms and comfort them in the days to come,and Lord I just want to say thanks for letting me know Our Little Angel Princess Nikki this year Lord,I have learned so much from this little angel and her family and friends,so thank you again for your love through this little girl,and all this we ask and say thank you in your name......................AMEN..................................................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post